Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

uXs posted:

How do you guys like my new deck?

Just got the Hawkeye one. It probably should be the centerpiece of that deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Doesn't that only work when you're building a deck? You still have to stare at all the variants in the card list.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Nah it will still filter without any deck construction ongoing, though it has a bad habit of toggling off at random.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i don't like filtering those out because it makes it a little less obvious when you have potential CL to gain from upgrading them

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This guy begged me for about 3 turns to snap so I finally obliged.

flatluigi posted:

i don't like filtering those out because it makes it a little less obvious when you have potential CL to gain from upgrading them

I'm so behind on upgrades that I don't think that will ever be a problem.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Y'all ever play someone that you think is a bot until they start emoting out of nowhere?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Studio posted:

Y'all ever play someone that you think is a bot until they start emoting out of nowhere?

A few times. It usually ends badly for me.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Walla posted:

I'm so behind on upgrades that I don't think that will ever be a problem.

I find it disorienting when I've got credits but I just can't upgrade a card.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It finally happened. I dropped an Enchantress on their Armor location against a Destroyer deck. That was a fun turn 6.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Invisible woman is under rated. I hid a Shang Chi behind her and I had priority going into the last turn. Popped off the obvious Death that was coming down. Can also killed off Dracula with Shang Chi after the game is over.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Joink posted:

Invisible woman is under rated. I hid a Shang Chi behind her and I had priority going into the last turn. Popped off the obvious Death that was coming down. Can also killed off Dracula with Shang Chi after the game is over.

I don't have Invisible Woman, but whenever she comes down, I drop Cosmo there ASAP.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yessssss finally got Sera, so put together a Surfer deck:

# (1) Iceman
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Wong
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I was thinking about maybe putting Zabu in there too to get to Wong faster but I dunno. Killmonger is extremely vital with all the patriot/kazar/mystique decks out there now because of the savage land location.

I probably could do without Rogue too but it is real fun sending her to steal kazar/patriot ongoing if I have the chance.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

I’ve had Ultron for six hours. I don’t know if I’ll ever top this.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

priznat posted:

Yessssss finally got Sera, so put together a Surfer deck:

# (1) Iceman
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Wong
# (5) Sera
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCcm9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNckZhbnRhc3RpYyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUG9sYXJpcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29uZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUm9ndWUifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I was thinking about maybe putting Zabu in there too to get to Wong faster but I dunno. Killmonger is extremely vital with all the patriot/kazar/mystique decks out there now because of the savage land location.

I probably could do without Rogue too but it is real fun sending her to steal kazar/patriot ongoing if I have the chance.

Zabu would be great. It would let you drop Wong and a 3 drop on turn 5. You might want to switch someone out for Ironheart, probably Iceman. That way you can Wong-Ironheart T5 and get some value out of him. If you don't go into 6 with priority you may as well ignore Wong, just for fear of Rogue/Cosmo/Enchantress. He's a win-more card anyway.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Hot take: Yondu, is actually really bad card that you should never play other than very specific combos, right?

My reasoning is that while 'destroy the top enemy card' sounds good, it is actually really bad because it shows you which card was destroyed. This means it is giving the opponent information on what he won't draw, allowing him to prepare his play better. While destroying Leader sounds and feels great, he could just as well been at the bottom of the deck, and now your opponent knows to play around not drawing that card. If you didn't hit Leader, then great now your opponent knows that Leader is more likely to be drawn because your deck is smaller. Sure, you also get the information, but you still don't know the rest of the cards in the opponent's deck, so it helps you less.

If it didn't display the destroyed card, it would be better.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I only use Yondu on Death decks, because it's a cheap and easy way to destroy a card.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Forgot you're doing Sera Surfer. Zabu could still be good, but you may as well have a second 4 drop otherwise he has zero value. Negative, Shang or Enchantress depending on what you like.

Also save Wong for T6. Zabu is good for that too, then you can drop Wong-Ironheart-Surfer on the last turn and probably not worry about being countered.

Coq au Nandos posted:

I hate Patriot Ultron, because I don't have him.

Bisse posted:

Hot take: Yondu, is actually really bad card that you should never play other than very specific combos, right?
If you destroy my Surfer then I'm just going to retreat. If it didn't show the destroyed card then it would be an automatic retreat every time I play that deck. Knowing I won't get Wong or Zabu or Spectrum in those decks means I have other win cons, but Surfer only has one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Bisse posted:

My reasoning is that while 'destroy the top enemy card' sounds good, it is actually really bad because it shows you which card was destroyed. This means it is giving the opponent information on what he won't draw, allowing him to prepare his play better. While destroying Leader sounds and feels great, he could just as well been at the bottom of the deck, and now your opponent knows to play around not drawing that card. If you didn't hit Leader, then great now your opponent knows that Leader is more likely to be drawn because your deck is smaller. Sure, you also get the information, but you still don't know the rest of the cards in the opponent's deck, so it helps you less.

If it didn't display the destroyed card, it would be better.
It's not a hot take it's just true. Yondu will give the opponent their surfer on T6 as often as he will destroy surfer. He is run because of how he interacts with Death and Knull his effect doesnt do anything otherwise.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm having trouble getting out of the 30s because everybody I play against seems to be 10+ ranks ahead of me with the icona and titles to prove it. I'm coming up against decks full of cards that I don't even own so I barely know how to counter them. I feel like I'm using an outdated meta to try and gain any ground. All these discard decks and Wong combos are running circles around me. On top of that I seem to have the worst luck imaginable lately with opening hands. I'll get all my late game cards at the beginning and nothing I need to set up an early defense. Getting really frustrated.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bisse posted:

Sure, you also get the information, but you still don't know the rest of the cards in the opponent's deck, so it helps you less.

When you're newish to the game and your opponents are playing the bones of an optimised deck rather than the full thing, yes. But once you've played for a while you will have a good idea what deck someone is playing just from the destroyed card, and by turn 3 you usually know exactly what deck it is and exactly what cards he has barring tech slots.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Worldship is the best location by far but I've only seen it once.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I'm having trouble getting out of the 30s because everybody I play against seems to be 10+ ranks ahead of me with the icona and titles to prove it. I'm coming up against decks full of cards that I don't even own so I barely know how to counter them. I feel like I'm using an outdated meta to try and gain any ground. All these discard decks and Wong combos are running circles around me. On top of that I seem to have the worst luck imaginable lately with opening hands. I'll get all my late game cards at the beginning and nothing I need to set up an early defense. Getting really frustrated.
Post your deck

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
TFW when you get the same location multiple games in a row and run to check to see if it’s a featured location.

This post brought to you by: Winning with Surfer on Bar Sinister three times in a row.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I was having the same problem. I still hate Wong.

Run a low tempo ongoing control deck. Destroyer or Sera is great if you have them, but you can do it all with S2 and 3 cards. Armor, Ant Man, Angela, Colossus, Cosmo, Enchantress, Shang Chi, Kazar, Spectrum. The usual stuff. If you can keep priority in T5 you can shut down Wong easily, but if Wong drops and you don't have priority then you just retreat. Zabu is great too if you have him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Bisse posted:

Post your deck

I posted all of them a couple pages back (EDIT: on 199). Running a Sera Control deck suggested by the thread but go back to Death or Moon Girl from time to time.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 16, 2023

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Ego shows turn 1. I snap, they snap back. Thano's faces both ways. This is the way marvel snap is meant to be played.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Coq au Nandos posted:

how's electro working out for you? here's my Patriot / Zoo / Ultron. I don't own Sera or Brood yet

# (0) Wasp
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Shocker
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Ultron
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXlzdGlxdWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNxdWlycmVsR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWlzdHlLbmlnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNob2NrZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXNwIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbHVlTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJVbHRyb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9uc2xhdWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RlcmlvIn1dfQ==
#

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Coq au Nandos posted:

Nah, you can get your drones to 10 when things align. That’s the peak for me so far.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Quackles posted:

I don't have Invisible Woman, but whenever she comes down, I drop Cosmo there ASAP.

I started running Invisible Woman in my Wong decks for this reason :v:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Thoughts here? It's not doing bad, was considering Warpath but not sure who I'd sub out.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

Thoughts here? It's not doing bad, was considering Warpath but not sure who I'd sub out.

you seem to be missing ways to increase handsize for Dino comedy time. usually Agent 13, Cable, Sentinels and White Queen are stapled to the list. it's also a bit greedy in hoping for Zabu to help with the energy curve. I like taking Quinjet for cheaper bonus cards. here's my similar version below. Chavez is really just a bonus and could be a lot of thing

# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Zabu
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUXVpbmpldCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FibGUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlphYnUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2VudDEzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXaGl0ZVF1ZWVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRpbmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifV19
#

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

you seem to be missing ways to increase handsize for Dino comedy time. usually Agent 13, Cable, Sentinels and White Queen are stapled to the list. it's also a bit greedy in hoping for Zabu to help with the energy curve. I like taking Quinjet for cheaper bonus cards. here's my similar version below. Chavez is really just a bonus and could be a lot of thing

I actually have a Moon Girl/Dino deck haha, this was more meant to take advantage of Zabu and flood the board with other things. It was on Snap Zone and it looked doable.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Mystique for Dino shenanigans. Warpath seems bad because you're likely to be playing in all 3 lanes.
DareDevil is my boy but I don't know what he's really doing here. America Chavez is for cowards who can't draw good. Throw a Cosmo in there to protect your Dino on turn 6.

Devo fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 16, 2023

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Posts from before disaster. I obviously snapped here.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

I actually have a Moon Girl/Dino deck haha, this was more meant to take advantage of Zabu and flood the board with other things. It was on Snap Zone and it looked doable.

yeah maybe it could work with like Adam Warlock. it seems like the deck needs Zabu to get into gear and if it comes too late you're dead in the water. like the wincon seems to be Zabu turn 3, turn 4 Moongirl / White Queen and play Dino on 5 and 6. the rest of the cards are mostly tech pieces. so maybe you squeeze out a lane with Storm?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Back in the 90s. Thank you, generic Zabu :toot:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Took the Zabu/Ironheart advice and this deck is really fun:

Main weakness will be any locations that can't get into easily, only Mr Fantastic can get em.

Having Zabu + Sera down for that T6 wong drop + surfer + another 3 card (ironheart)

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

priznat posted:

Took the Zabu/Ironheart advice and this deck is really fun:

Main weakness will be any locations that can't get into easily, only Mr Fantastic can get em.

Having Zabu + Sera down for that T6 wong drop + surfer + another 3 card (ironheart)

Do you have Mystique? Zabu/Sera into T6 Wong/Mystique/Surfer is nigh unstoppable

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

cirus posted:

Do you have Mystique? Zabu/Sera into T6 Wong/Mystique/Surfer is nigh unstoppable

Sadly no, she would definitely get slotted into that if I did. I do have absorbing man though, wondering about if he would be worth slotting in to be another surfer.. hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

priznat posted:

I do have absorbing man though, wondering about if he would be worth slotting in to be another surfer.. hmm

Absolutely; Abs Man is great in this deck. It's not just another surfer; it's also another Brood with more power (which gets copied!) or another Ironheart in a pinch. Surfer + Abs Man also gives Surfer 3 more power which can be very helpful.

Note that Abs Man does not work with Wong; it will only get one Surfer/Ironheart trigger on the Wong lane.