Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Some idle thoughts on leaks (non-story)

lol Vander is 45

Audibly gagged at Anna's base 15% Str growth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Some idle thoughts on leaks (non-story)

lol Vander is 45

Audibly gagged at Anna's base 15% Str growth

That's not even the most hilarious one.

Saphir is 35.

Endings (or lack of, for everyone not Alear) seem spectacularly lazy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

class growths seem very impactful this time around. the base axe fighter str growth is 30, so anna still has a 45% str growth.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Highest inherent Str growth in the game is Rosado, tied with, iirc, Panette

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What's the personal skills of the Solm crew?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You giant nerds asking about growth rates and skills for characters

The real question is how many animals can I keep at the zoo!!! Do i get a pet wyvern!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Wait, there are no paired endings for anyone but Alear? wtf? :psyduck:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zoran posted:

Support-mechanics spoilers:

S supports are back for Alear.

Game bad.

Hate to see it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

further romance stuff:

lol, all the paired endings start with 'your partner, ___' in jp and the characters who constantly mention 'friendship' don't do so in jp. brave NoA once again butchering half the gay content in the game, god bless.

i mean i guess they spared us hortensia but come on.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

further romance stuff:

lol, all the paired endings start with 'your partner, ___' in jp and the characters who constantly mention 'friendship' don't do so in jp. brave NoA once again butchering half the gay content in the game, god bless.

i mean i guess they spared us hortensia but come on.

gently caress you treehouse/noa whoever was responsible.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What is is about Fire Emblem in particular that it just gets absolutely butchered in the English translation game after game after freaking game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sydin posted:

What is is about Fire Emblem in particular that it just gets absolutely butchered in the English translation game after game after freaking game?
NoA is very bad and Fire Emblem is the only big JRPG they translate. Combine that with a lot of romance stuff which people can get shaky on and you get the weirdest poo poo.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i mean i get changing it to make anna/jean/hortensia explicitly just friends since they're the youngest characters but ??? at rosado and removing 'your partner' for all of them

at least they butchered the straight content too this time (because there's no difference)?

lih fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 16, 2023

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Eimi posted:

gently caress you treehouse/noa whoever was responsible.

The leaks are saying that the M/F Alear supports and endings are literally the exact same for all characters, so lol at looking at that change and think it's specifically targeted at the gay content. More to the point, the majority of those romantic-to-partner changes seem to be among the 16-17 (or less) year old members of the cast, so it seems more directed at the under-18 supports that were changed from jp. Though NoA being NoA, there are other random changes too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

More to the point, the majority of those romantic-to-partner changes seem to be among the 16-17 (or less) year old members of the cast, so it seems more directed at the under-18 supports that were changed from jp.
the insane thing there is that alear is also listed as 17 in the files. what

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the break mechanic is kind of smothering. the ai goes for the optimal* moves as always, so they just send out the counter first to bonk and break your dude and there's enough variety that there will usually be some weapon type disadvantage

for you it does let you cherry tap with your weak babies safely, though, so there's that

this will very much be a player phase only game imo, with the first part of it just cleaning up because your guys got wailed on for free

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

the insane thing there is that alear is also listed as 17 in the files. what

I mean, Veyle's listed as 16, so presumably those age listings specifically are more along the lines of "looks this old." Because in this game, it's you who's playing the "really 1000 years old" character rather than it being the extremely awkward support option.

lih
May 15, 2013

at least this seems to be a little less inexplicable and stupid overall than when they did to most of the paired gay endings in three houses lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its a little less inexplicable and stupid, but rosado should not be punished for anna's crimes

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Disappointing but FE has always had weird rear end translations so not really surprising.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean they could have just as easily lied in the translation and said everybody was 18+ like a sheepishly translated VN or something. It's not like this is a sexually explicit game or anything, some G-rated but explicitly romantic language seems like the easiest possible bone to throw to a fanbase even an absolutely dense entity like NoA has to be aware is pretty into the shipping aspect of the games.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well this is discouraging. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eh, i got a bit heated but, like 90% of the female s supports are fairly romantic and a fair number of them are extremely explicitly so. same with the male s supports. it's really only a couple random ones the translators got weird about, and a couple that they understandably tweaked.

no non-alear s supports/paired endings is lame, though. maybe they can patch some in?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh also, personal skills for the later characters

Bunet: On eating a packed lunch, unit may obtain another of the same item. Trigger = Luck %.
Fogado: During combat with a foe who was also unit's most recent opponent, inflicts Crit-10 on that foe.
Jade: If unit uses Wait without attacking or using items, grants Res+2 for 1 turn.
Merrin: When 2 or more female allies are within 2 spaces, grants Hit/Avo+5 to unit and those allies.
Timerra: Inflicts Crit-5 on foes within 3 spaces.
Pandoro: Grants a bonus to Hit and Avo equal to 3× the number of allies and foes within 2 spaces.
Panette: If unit's HP is not at max after combat, grants Crit+10 as long as unit's HP stays below max.
Seadall: At start of turn, allies within 2 spaces of unit recover 10% of their max HP.

lmao at Jade's. Pandoro's seems good if you can make him tanky, but unfortunately he's a mage. The rest are all pretty mediocre.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Endorph posted:

its a little less inexplicable and stupid, but rosado should not be punished for anna's crimes

tbf she's committed like a lot of crimes

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Fire Emblem: Engage in friendly conversation.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

At the very least you can choose your preferred gender and go for the character you like for the S supports. While "everyone is bi" usually hurts from a writing standpoint it's cool to not be limited in options. I just hope Leak Dude is mildly romantic.

I'd laugh if Vander and Bigger Leak Dude were among the romantic ones because lmao at IS giving us the gay old man support at the cost of Rosado in the localization.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

At the very least you can choose your preferred gender and go for the character you like for the S supports. While "everyone is bi" usually hurts from a writing standpoint it's cool to not be limited in options. I just hope Leak Dude is mildly romantic.

I'd laugh if Vander and Bigger Leak Dude were among the romantic ones because lmao at IS giving us the gay old man support at the cost of Rosado in the localization.

late game recruit spoilers

if you mean mauvier by 'leak dude', his s support is fairly romantic. 'i thought i would never know happiness. now, i only know it. i shall always be by your side.'

if you mean linden, his support is just 'my wifes dead' basically

lih
May 15, 2013

Sydin posted:

I mean they could have just as easily lied in the translation and said everybody was 18+ like a sheepishly translated VN or something. It's not like this is a sexually explicit game or anything, some G-rated but explicitly romantic language seems like the easiest possible bone to throw to a fanbase even an absolutely dense entity like NoA has to be aware is pretty into the shipping aspect of the games.

jean/anna/hortensia are like 10/11/14 so it makes sense there. it's just rosado where it's inexplicable because he's 17 and a whole lot of the cast is 17 including alear

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Endorph posted:

late game recruit spoilers

if you mean mauvier by 'leak dude', his s support is fairly romantic. 'i thought i would never know happiness. now, i only know it. i shall always be by your side.'

if you mean linden, his support is just 'my wifes dead' basically

Thank you very much. I was referring to both, but Mauvier was in the initial leak ages ago and Linden was in the recent one that's why I referred to them as that.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Games good

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

Wait, what'd they do to Rosado?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

Wait, what'd they do to Rosado?
they added a couple random lines to his s-support/paired ending with alear that call them 'friends.' this did not exist in jp. extremely random thing to do because hes the same age as alear.

its fairly ignorable because its literally 3-4 lines but its still frustrating.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

they added a couple random lines to his s-support/paired ending with alear that call them 'friends.' this did not exist in jp. extremely random thing to do because hes the same age as alear.

its fairly ignorable because its literally 3-4 lines but its still frustrating.

Aight marrying Rosado out of spite

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm already tired of being called the Divine One

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Barreft posted:

I'm already tired of being called the Divine One

omg the divine dragon noticed me

edit: I will say tho the enemy phase music goes hard and I'm super into it

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 17, 2023

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ouch, just saw the game compared to FE6 in terms of ending structure and that's... fairly accurate from what's being reported. No paired ending slides other than for Alear is such a bizarre decision - even Radiant Dawn had a few!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

(support stuff)

no paired ends for everyone but alear is truly the most anniversary thing, of all....

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

with the game being an anni game that got delayed i wonder if the alear paired ending stuff was added in later in development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

I'm going to buy this game and ENGAGE Rosado

same but vander