Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Lemony posted:

In that second panel, why do her breasts appear to be levitating apart horizontally?

They are trying to escape the comic. Do you blame them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Snout's puffed up "determined" face just looks so pathetic, lol

You know, this just made me realise... this is supposed to be an action scene. The hero got beat up and received a power up. But it doesn't feel like an action scene because mookie is unable to convey that change of pace, not without dialogue.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mx. posted:

siiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Check out that penis made of light in the fourth panel

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Codependent Poster posted:

Check out that penis made of light in the fourth panel

The cliff is now actually erect.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 16, 2023

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Lemony posted:

In that second panel, why do her breasts appear to be levitating apart horizontally?

They sense danger, so they're making space to swell up.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

YF-23 posted:

You know, this just made me realise... this is supposed to be an action scene. The hero got beat up and received a power up. But it doesn't feel like an action scene because mookie is unable to convey that change of pace, not without dialogue.
Could be because the bad guy is slightly less animated than the landscape. Literally.

The bad guy is less dynamic than a character in a sprite comic. He's animated like a character from a handheld LCD game from the '80s.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I can't believe that in the year of our lord 2023 CAD is more dynamically drawn and Dominic Deegan is the copy paste extravaganza.

Also that Tim Buckley is... well he's not an activist on trans rights but even his hamfisted comic about the Harry Potter game had him agree that JKRowling is a hateful piece of poo poo.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

SubG posted:

Could be because the bad guy is slightly less animated than the landscape. Literally.

The bad guy is less dynamic than a character in a sprite comic. He's animated like a character from a handheld LCD game from the '80s.

God, yeah. So many opportunities to make Green Goblinman look some anything distinct and just not taken.

:golfclap:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I just realised that my computer doesn't like postimg so I had to go to the website to see the new one. I probably could have waited for someone to make an edit.

Ooh, speaking of edits, I'm not good at them, could we replace Kikero getting dusted with Dominic getting punched in the balls? An oldie, admittedly, but a goodie.

Why does this look so good

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Superb

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lmao

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

You used the wrong device, Legacy would be a Tiger handheld at best

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Just amazing.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Today's blog post is about libraries.

quote:

Read Comics From Your Public Library
I’ve loved the public library in my sleepy little New England town since we moved here eight years ago. It has a huge kids’ section, of which I’ve taken advantage of since my boy was old enough to start following along with books. Now that he’s old enough to read to himself we make a regular habit of bringing a library haul home, only now I also make a point to bring books home for myself. Namely graphic novels.

Our library has a great graphic novel section for both kids and adults, though the kids’ section is bigger (which is fine by me), but I was surprised to see the depth of what was available. I was largely accustomed to seeing graphic novels at book stores and comic shops, and at the time it didn’t cross my mind to look for anything significant at my public library. Boy, was I missing out on a great resource. There are a handful of superhero trade paperbacks, sure, but the majority of the selection is the grand scope of what the genre has to offer; biographies of historical figures, award-winning stories, experimental comics, autobiographical work, you name it.

I was able to read Marjane Satrapi’s excellent Persepolis, Jim Henson’s weirdly wonderful Tale of Sand, and the haunting Once Upon a Time in France by Fabien Nury and Sylvain Vallee. There were a few others I didn’t enjoy so I won’t mention them here (I’m not in the business of negative reviews these days), but I was able to try them out and not feel like I wasted my money. Because it’s free. With every one of us being nickel-and-dimed for everything in our existence these days, it’s almost disarming to be allowed to borrow something without cost. Did I not enjoy this book? Big deal, it didn’t cost me a dime, and taking out lots of books helps the library anyway.

So get yourself a library card if you don’t already have one and go to your local library. They probably have some graphic novels you’ve never seen before, and they’re probably hidden gems. And if they’re not great or best-kept secrets, who cares? You’re using a free resource to help you discover new things and determine what you do and don’t like. The opportunity to read more comics and help an invaluable public resource show how vital it truly is? That’s a win-win in my book.

Read more comics.

I find it really funny that mookie's using libraries exclusively for comics. There's nothing wrong with it, but it is extremely mookie.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Can't stop creating characters who act like research and learning and books are the coolest thing; goes to the library to read comic books.

Again yeah there's nothing wrong with that but also lol.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I mean, when Mookie's characters aren't hitting jocks upside the head with books, they're lamenting having to read the things themselves.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Do you think this is why he wrote those library scenes a year or so ago? He just discovered libraries exist in his 40s?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I-....

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Voldemort is the Green Goblin, huh

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I cannot cope with panel 4

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm happy snout is smashing a dude to death with a big rock. I hope this new snout is the norm, and the rest of the comic is snout beating people to death with rocks.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Dude's really overcompensating for his head nubbin with that hood.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm happy snout is smashing a dude to death with a big rock. I hope this new snout is the norm, and the rest of the comic is snout beating people to death with rocks.

He missed though. Snout really fails at everything.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
The cliff's boner has gone back down.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i didnt even take in the last panel

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Do you think Mookie meant to draw a swastika?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This is going to keep happening until the word "Windmill" is banned from Pictionary.

Er, I mean

I was confused by the motion lines at first, I thought he was throwing something off the cliff.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Judging from the direction of the motion lines, it looks like Snout broke off the tip of the dick cliff and hurled it at Lemonman? Unless this is Snout suddenly being able to manipulate his dream and conjuring up a rock to throw, which hasn't been a thing before? As usual, the actions being shown are poorly conveyed.

And also:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Snout's puffed up "determined" face just looks so pathetic, lol

Snout looks like he's pouting or about to have an epic poo poo this page :laffo:

amigolupus fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 18, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He grabbed the Green Goblin's glider-rock.

How he managed to grab somethings metres away from him above a drop I don't know.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

This seems like a weird place to introduce a new character to be entirely honest. I thought green goblin man would've turned out to be someone we already know, not... this.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

What, you don't recognise Zapp Brannigan's right-hand man?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Wait, that's a rock? I thought Snout took off his clothes and threw them at the guy in disgust, causing them to shatter.

Like, guy takes off his hood. Snout takes off his clothes.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah, like the Team Four Star joke

Frieza: "All right, monkey, I'll give you a chance. I bet I can defeat you without using my hands."

Goku: "Okay, then I'll fight you without using my shirt."

Frieza: "..."

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I like how Mookie can make something as simple as a guy throwing a rock be completely incomprehensible.

Where did the rock come from? Nobody knows!

Why is Snout about to throw it like a frisbee and then managed to smash it directly into the ground?

I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
It was the rock the Green Goblin was riding.

Like, come on, guys. The comic is bad enough on its own merits. We don't have to be like this.