Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Crows Turn Off posted:

Ok, is Atomic Heart going to suck? It looks ambitious and graphically impressive, and I like what they're saying about it so far.

I hope it's good :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6D16BVWes8

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You should just play elden ring because it’s a really fun game not worry about fans or whatever. There’s a reason why it’s beloved.

Also it’s not a 100+ hour game. I mean it COULD BE if you choose to do that but you can beat the game in less time.

I think Vikar Jerome is at 300 hours and hasnt beat ER yet

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

bows1 posted:

I think Vikar Jerome is at 300 hours and hasnt beat ER yet

This is correct

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I'm reading reviews of Elden Ring to see if I want to give it a go. I'm currently playing Fallen Order and enjoying it, even if parts of it require a bit more trial and error than I would like. I'm told the combat is Soul's-like and I can see why, the game is not forgiving if you miss a parry or make a mistake (I'm playing on Jedi Master) but its the exploration that I love the most, feels very metroidvanian in that respect.

Anyway the reason why I post this is I'm noticing that Fromsoft fans, at least online, have got to be some of the most obnoxious in gaming. Every review that praises the game, say's its great and blah blah, but then mentions a few things that frustrated the player or could be improved upon, queue a brigade of FromSoft fans piling in to comment on the review to tell the reviewer that they suck, or Soul's games are for REAL gamers , or how DARE you say this game isn't perfect in absolutely every way no criticisms allowed ever!

It makes it very hard for someone like me, who has never really played the games before, to judge if an aspect of the game is a weakness or if it's perfectly designed and that's just the way it is. I'll be up front, I love games where I can just explore a world, discover secrets, uncover lore, etc but also I'm generally terrible at combat and I like it when games gift me different ways to approach it, or even avoid it. It's why my favorite games of all time are titles like Deus Ex, BotW, The Witcher, anything Metroid, etc.

I just beat Jedi fallen order and it was harder than Elden ring I thought, the last boss took me a few more attempts than the last boss in Elden ring. But they’re quite different and I’ve also played all of the other souls games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

This is correct

Skill issue or trying to explore too much?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Crows Turn Off posted:

Ok, is Atomic Heart going to suck? It looks ambitious and graphically impressive, and I like what they're saying about it so far.

Their association with Gaijin, VK, and oligarch money, and now this mealy-mouthed statement is enough to make me not care.

https://twitter.com/krides/status/1614941019992121344?s=46&t=He-AT2R4K6o8UmmSFGGpvA

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

imhotep posted:

I just beat Jedi fallen order and it was harder than Elden ring I thought, the last boss took me a few more attempts than the last boss in Elden ring. But they’re quite different and I’ve also played all of the other souls games.

Fallen Order’s button mapping is pretty annoying because attack and dodge are both face buttons. You have to choose which one your thumb rests on, unlike in Souls games where you can have fingers on each since attack is a shoulder button. I often found myself missing a dodge or attack with Fallen Order’s last boss because I had my thumb on the other action and the window would close in the split second it took to reposition my thumb. It really made me appreciate the thought that goes into Souls games.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
They're a Russian company and the Russian government gives grants, tax incentives and whatever out like any other? What's the point of this?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dinosaurs! posted:

Fallen Order’s button mapping is pretty annoying because attack and dodge are both face buttons. You have to choose which one your thumb rests on, unlike in Souls games where you can have fingers on each since attack is a shoulder button. I often found myself missing a dodge or attack with Fallen Order’s last boss because I had my thumb on the other action and the window would close in the split second it took to reposition my thumb. It really made me appreciate the thought that goes into Souls games.

There are literally hundreds of games where attack and dodge are both on face buttons, including the best and fastest type (the character action game).

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Ok

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
So I fell I to a wormhole of hit man speed runs and now want to give it a shot again.

Is there a free ps5 upgrade? What’s the best way to start for a noob

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

bows1 posted:

So I fell I to a wormhole of hit man speed runs and now want to give it a shot again.

Is there a free ps5 upgrade? What’s the best way to start for a noob

If you have Hitman 3 on PS4 then you can download the PS5 version, it's automatically unlocked

Edit: in a few weeks it will become "The World of Assassination" and any Hitman 1 or 2 base content you don't already have will be available (the DLC will still need to be purchased)

Edit 2: oh wait i think you still need to purchase the Hitman 1 or 2 access passes if you don't have the base games

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 17, 2023

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have Hitman 3 on PS4 then you can download the PS5 version, it's automatically unlocked

Edit: in a few weeks it will become "The World of Assassination" and any Hitman 1 or 2 base content you don't already have will be available (the DLC will still need to be purchased)

It appears I only have hitman1, should injust buy 3 for ps5? Then I get all the other stuff in a few weeks?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

bows1 posted:

It appears I only have hitman1, should injust buy 3 for ps5? Then I get all the other stuff in a few weeks?

Yes, basically having a copy of Hitman 3 is the cleanest way, then you can just buy the access passes in-game

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-to-world-of-assassination/

Edit: OK, fully studying this document, Best Value would be to wait for the World of Assassination and pay 70USD for all three games' base content. I guess if you can find a used copy of Hitman 3 for cheap you could probably get better value

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Dinosaurs! posted:

Yeah it was actually partially this, because I had started it a while ago and picked it back up this month, and I forgot that dodging was a thing until I realized there were basically perilous attacks from Sekiro in the game, but mostly it just felt like the timing for parries was hard to grasp, the way enemies telegraph attacks is kind of weird, especially the last boss, and overall the character controller is just sloppy, the whole game is really buggy, I couldn’t believe it. It’s probably the buggiest triple A game I’ve ever played.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, basically having a copy of Hitman 3 is the cleanest way, then you can just buy the access passes in-game

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-to-world-of-assassination/

Edit: OK, fully studying this document, Best Value would be to wait for the World of Assassination and pay 70USD for all three games' base content. I guess if you can find a used copy of Hitman 3 for cheap you could probably get better value

I recently posted in this thread about how hard it is to understand what you have to do to get all of the Hitman content in hitman 3, and someone replied and said it’s not really that difficult, but their explanation wasn’t that easy to understand, and my point was that it’s just way more complicated than it needs to be.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 17, 2023

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

imhotep posted:

Yeah it was actually partially this, because I had started it a while ago and picked it back up this month, and I forgot that dodging was a thing until I realized there were basically perilous attacks from Sekiro in the game, but mostly it just felt like the timing for parries was hard to grasp, the way enemies telegraph attacks is kind of weird, especially the last boss, and overall the character controller is just sloppy, the whole game is really buggy, I couldn’t believe it. It’s probably the buggiest triple A game I’ve ever played.

Let’s talk the parry system in FO.
I’ve seen a few Soul’s veterans claim it’s parry system is broken or flawed compared to Soul’s games, but I’ve seen others claim the opposite. That it’s easier than in Soul’s games!

As I’ve said I’ve never played a Soul’s game before so can’t compare, but the parry system does feel off. I know I’m supposed to Parry before the enemy strikes but goddamn does it feel like a crap shoot. At least at higher difficulties.

I’ve given up trying to parry and as a result my deaths have decreased significantly. Slow + dodge is the way to go.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Picked up god of war ragnarok today and I’m ready for some PS5 gaming. Also couldn’t find horizon anywhere and missed the digital sale.

Is there anything different from just getting the ps4 version and upgrading?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

There are literally hundreds of games where attack and dodge are both on face buttons, including the best and fastest type (the character action game).

Yeah and this is ignoring the fact that the Star Wars game was heavily influenced by from software games :rolleyes:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Is there anything different from just getting the ps4 version and upgrading?

Definitely buy the PS4 version and then upgrade. You'll save $10 and there's no other difference

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i'm excited for atomic heart, i hope it's good, it's kind of hard for me to care about yet another round of twitter drama informing me that capital is global. also new mick gordon soundtrack is win

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8C4NXoc_UA

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shibusawa!!!!!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Ragnarok question.

I'm missing one of the Jewels of Yggdrasil. Is there any way to figure out which one I'm missing other than just back tracking? Looking at a guide it doesn't look like the 9th is locked behind one of the Berserkers or Ravens which I haven't finished yet

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i'm excited for atomic heart, i hope it's good, it's kind of hard for me to care about yet another round of twitter drama informing me that capital is global. also new mick gordon soundtrack is win

:same: I really hope it’s good because the trailers have been siiiick

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Medullah posted:

Ragnarok question.

I'm missing one of the Jewels of Yggdrasil. Is there any way to figure out which one I'm missing other than just back tracking? Looking at a guide it doesn't look like the 9th is locked behind one of the Berserkers or Ravens which I haven't finished yet

IIRC the last one is from talking to Ratatosk in the postgame. I don’t remember what’s supposed to prompt you to do this

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

:yeah:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

there's a now 2 hour game trial of The Last of Us pt 1 (PS5) for anyone that is interested and has PS+ premium

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What’s up with the thread title? Am I not supposed to use the PS5 in rest mode?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

obi_ant posted:

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

obi_ant posted:

tried and true thread in-joke

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

there's a now 2 hour game trial of The Last of Us pt 1 (PS5) for anyone that is interested and has PS+ premium

Are they going to release more of the game with each episode

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

Just a reference to how some people act like it’s the devil that will break your console

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

obi_ant posted:

Whether or not rest mode puts your console at risk or shortens its lifespan is a perennial dumb argument ITT

Not too long ago someone started a rumor that keeping your console in vertical orientation was also dangerous, but that’s not credible any more

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I keep my ps5 suspended by a series of chains and pulleys. If it falls it will crush my house underneath it but it’s a risk I’m willing to take

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Monster Hunter World has broken the grip Elden Ring has had on me. I’ve replaced one 100 hour game with another.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'll forgive you for not yet understanding that MHW is actually a 1000 hour game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I keep my ps5 suspended by a series of chains and pulleys. If it falls it will crush my house underneath it but it’s a risk I’m willing to take

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sorry but I’m vertical for life