Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

Russia needs to break into the Chernobyl NPP and take over the C Consciousness that rests within, once they are able to harness the Noosphere, they can compel Ukraine's army to disarm with one giant psychic emission.

Finally someone puts forward a good and viable plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

speng31b posted:

are you wearing wax lips lined with cyanide?

no but I have really bad breath

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

That was then, this is now. Obviously Ukraine ran out of whatever they were using before and that's why they need Patriot batteries as soon as possible. As soon as possible being a few months from now.

Battery. Singular.

They have a token pledged, not an arsenal.

Edit - A good question to ask is which USA ally was stripped of patriot missiles to put together a collection to even plan to arm Ukraine? They don't make a lot of them per annum and other allies have already been demanding resupply for their own regional uses.

DancingShade has issued a correction as of 03:11 on Jan 17, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Private Cumshoe posted:

no but I have really bad breath

woulda preferred at least a poison tooth but that might work

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

Battery. Singular.

Edit - A good question to ask is which USA ally was stripped of patriot missiles to put together a collection to even plan to arm Ukraine? They don't make a lot of them per annum and other allies have already been demanding resupply for their own regional uses.

Israel, probably. Possibly the Saudis.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It was the Saudis.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1436598314393382916

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

lol

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lower your oil prices, I demand, as my troops pack up your air defence network.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

Battery. Singular.

The US is supplying the ammo for the US-supplied Patriot battery. If there's anyone on Earth with excess Patriot ammo and the capacity to replace them, it's the US. Will be curious to see what make/model of missile they get, given there's a bunch of variants of PAC-2, PAC-3, and then PAC-3 MSE (I doubt it will be MSE and it might not be PAC-3?)

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
slava houthini

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I've just learned from a very credible source in Pyongyang that there is a very high possibility of a Hyper Korean Empire 2 being created in the next 5 YEARS. At least East Asia + Russia. This is HUGE.

And no this is not a shitpost. I'm serious.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tristeham posted:

slava houthini

houthi ftw

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Israel, probably. Possibly the Saudis.

lol they aint taken patriots from small israel to give to big israel, get rael man

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/Defence_IDA/status/1614932757708242944

those crosses look too small to be for aerial recognition

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

strip malls are so large they are a sin even in the eyes of missiles

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Saudi Arabia has their own Patriot systems manned by Saudis, purchased from the US over the span of more than a decade now. The US just removed some of the US Patriot systems from Saudi Arabia. Hell, the Saudis closed a deal this summer to buy a bunch more missiles from the US.

There is a big difference between US units that deployed to Saudi Arabia and Saudi-owned and operated air defense units.

That tweet is from 2021.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Beforeigners

danke.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Hello my name is Mogra Doomblade, I am 9 year old orc girl from CSPAM and my thread cries out for pedantry. Please send Mikoyan Gureyevich 08 “Fishmech” advanced poster platform with full New York Times access and Defense Intelligence Department capabilities so my thread will be free from non-tedious discussion.

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 03:43 on Jan 17, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

tristeham posted:

slava houthini

I think it would be slava husitam (слава хуситам)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

anyone what the strength of these "air attacks" is?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

Mig 21s so it's peak war thunder.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the mig is a butifel bird.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Futanari Damacy posted:

At the end of the day I hope none of that is necessary; while some are cheering for a Russian victory or a Ukrainian victory, I'm cheering for a negotiated end to hostilities that ensures the survival, safety, and dignity of all. :hai:

im cheering for all the soldiers to have a fun time

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

CODChimera posted:

Ballistic missiles and a whole lot of cheap-to-make drones that ram and detonate on their targets or airburst over their targets. Qasef-2s, Kas-04, etc. They're not super hard to shoot down with a SAM or fighters, but obviously the guy using fancy SAMs and fighters is on the losing end of the cost balance on that versus Qasefs, which are pretty simple.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

Ballistic missiles and a whole lot of cheap-to-make drones that ram and detonate on their targets or airburst over their targets. Qasef-2s, Kas-04, etc. They're not super hard to shoot down with a SAM or fighters, but obviously the guy using fancy SAMs and fighters is on the losing end of the cost balance on that versus Qasefs, which are pretty simple.

Yeah a million dollar patriot or two at a drone that costs a rounding error of that is an uncomfortable accounting entry.

Might be time for everyone to start making flakpanzer replicas.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Time to get the old ZPUs out of mothballs

Except maybe that one from the 30s that was just four Maxim guns tied together

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ukraine’s defeat may lead to a Third World War, meaning Germany and other NATO countries must step up and send Kiev more weapons, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki claimed on Monday.

Speaking in Berlin at a celebration of German politician Wolfgang Schauble’s 50-year career, Morawiecki insisted that Germany must allow the delivery of Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. Poland and Finland have promised Kiev the tanks, but need formal German permission to actually hand them over.

“Today Ukrainians are fighting not only for their freedom, but also in defense of Europe,” Morawiecki insisted. “I call on the German government to act decisively and deliver all types of weapons to Ukraine.”

“The defeat of Ukraine may become a prelude to World War III, so today there is no reason to block support for Kiev and postpone matters indefinitely,” he added.

The Polish PM also spoke of “Ukrainian blood being shed” to prevent what he claimed could be a Russian attack on other EU countries. Last week, Ukrainian Defense Minister Aleksey Reznikov said in an interview that Ukraine was shedding blood to carry out “NATO’s mission,” so the US-led bloc ought to supply it with weapons.

Germany has about 110 Leopard tanks that it could potentially hand over to Ukraine – 88 of which are the old Leopard 1s – but actually making them fit for service would cost hundreds of millions of euros and take about a year, Rheinmetall CEO Armin Papperger claimed in an interview over the weekend.

Moscow has repeatedly warned the West that sending weapons to Kiev prolongs the conflict but will not change its outcome. German tanks “will burn like the rest” of Western weapons, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Monday.

Morawiecki’s visit came on the same day German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht confirmed she was stepping down. Germany has pledged to begin the deployment of a Bundeswehr-operated Patriot air defense battery to Poland. That move was arranged after a Ukrainian missile struck a Polish village in November, killing two civilians. Warsaw ended up having to debunk Kiev’s claims that the missile had been Russian.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

Ukraine’s defeat may lead to a Third World War, meaning Germany and other NATO countries must step up and send Kiev more weapons, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki claimed on Monday.

Speaking in Berlin at a celebration of German politician Wolfgang Schauble’s 50-year career, Morawiecki insisted that Germany must allow the delivery of Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. Poland and Finland have promised Kiev the tanks, but need formal German permission to actually hand them over.

“Today Ukrainians are fighting not only for their freedom, but also in defense of Europe,” Morawiecki insisted. “I call on the German government to act decisively and deliver all types of weapons to Ukraine.”

“The defeat of Ukraine may become a prelude to World War III, so today there is no reason to block support for Kiev and postpone matters indefinitely,” he added.

The Polish PM also spoke of “Ukrainian blood being shed” to prevent what he claimed could be a Russian attack on other EU countries. Last week, Ukrainian Defense Minister Aleksey Reznikov said in an interview that Ukraine was shedding blood to carry out “NATO’s mission,” so the US-led bloc ought to supply it with weapons.

Germany has about 110 Leopard tanks that it could potentially hand over to Ukraine – 88 of which are the old Leopard 1s – but actually making them fit for service would cost hundreds of millions of euros and take about a year, Rheinmetall CEO Armin Papperger claimed in an interview over the weekend.

Moscow has repeatedly warned the West that sending weapons to Kiev prolongs the conflict but will not change its outcome. German tanks “will burn like the rest” of Western weapons, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Monday.

Morawiecki’s visit came on the same day German Defense Minister Christine Lambrecht confirmed she was stepping down. Germany has pledged to begin the deployment of a Bundeswehr-operated Patriot air defense battery to Poland. That move was arranged after a Ukrainian missile struck a Polish village in November, killing two civilians. Warsaw ended up having to debunk Kiev’s claims that the missile had been Russian.

lol

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Turtle Watch posted:

Hello my name is Mogra Doomblade, I am 9 year old orc girl from CSPAM and my thread cries out for pedantry. Please send Mikoyan Gureyevich 08 “Fishmech” advanced poster platform with full New York Times access and Defense Intelligence Department capabilities so my thread will be free from non-tedious discussion.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's devastating that the psycho wojak article 5 poland memes are 100% accurate

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

(Turns to page 2 of Twilight 2000 campaign background, continues reading to player group)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

These have been successfully killing people across africa these last few years. Now they're headed to Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXexKLje4N4

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
world war 3? And in Europe again? Boy these sequels are getting lamer and lamer.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

a certain person pretending the loving Saudis can independently operate an advanced SAM system.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Isentropy posted:

a certain person pretending the loving Saudis can independently operate an advanced SAM system.

Why couldn’t they?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sum posted:

Arestovich literally said that the Kh-22 hit the apartment building because Ukraine shot it down and you're trying to argue with him and change the subject lol. Pathetic stuff.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1615105871893209116

Never says he was wrong though.

Bonus

https://twitter.com/PeImeniPusha/status/1615076107232976902

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Isentropy posted:

They've had them for years, and part of the purchase price includes all the parts and training.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Yeah it might be a case of "comes with a bunch of advisors", I think there's other procurement contracts that worked like that where staff to help and run stuff came in the bill

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Raytheon and US forces advise and train KSA on Patriot. But the operation of Saudi Patriot is performed by Saudis. Americans do not operate their systems for them and likely wouldn’t be invited to anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Turtle Watch posted: