Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK how you're QB of the Dolphins and don't look at Hill first on every play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CubanMissile posted:

Skylar missed a few opportunities where Tyreek was open and instead tried to force passes to receivers that where well better covered. Where he really lost me is when he threw that pick on third and long into double coverage that marked the beginning of the end for Miami in that game. Any QB should have known that throw would have been exactly what the defense wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCZ37yL1JY

He's a 3rd string QB for a reason. I'm not going to bang on the guy too much.

mcmagic posted:

IDK how you're QB of the Dolphins and don't look at Hill first on every play.

Waddle is great too, depends on if you're using Hill to pull the defense.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
A couple of those Waddle drops should have been uncontested huge gainers with some anticipation. Yes, Waddle should have caught them but they were getting there super late allowing the defender to close on the ball.

Again though, for a 7th round rookie making a playoff start in Buffalo you couldn’t ask much more from Skylar.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He earned the 2023 backup job. Thats a win of itself.

Just really not sure what were going to do with our OL. We clearly cannot draft them for poo poo. Connor Williams experiment was success at least.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

He earned the 2023 backup job. Thats a win of itself.

Just really not sure what were going to do with our OL. We clearly cannot draft them for poo poo. Connor Williams experiment was success at least.

I actually think the line was a low key success this year. It wasn't good good, but they hit on Williams, Hunt is still great, and they actually got a tune out of something like 7 tackles and an udfa

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

tarbrush posted:

I actually think the line was a low key success this year. It wasn't good good, but they hit on Williams, Hunt is still great, and they actually got a tune out of something like 7 tackles and an udfa

I think the line was pretty well-coached. You’ve got four OL coaches, and McDaniel kept them out of trouble. They found a surprising amount of serviceable guys just laying around.

The weird thing is I think how many athletically marginal guys they went with- Robert Hunt was fine, but a lot of these backups they kept bringing in really couldn’t reliably execute some of the plays in the run game. I guess given the circumstances it’s fine, but it’s something they need to improve.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
There were a few games early on where the Oline play was a major contributing factor to wins and I can’t remember the last time that was true.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Brady to the Dolphish.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tom Brady is washed af and even if I didn’t despise the man it would be a terrible football decision.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Tom Brady is washed af and even if I didn’t despise the man it would be a terrible football decision.

Since when has that precluded an AFCe team from doing something?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

I guess the more important question is whether he'd sell tickets or make Ross look good in owners meetings.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

None of us traded for Watson or Russ! That’s something.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Watching Jets fans talk themselves out of every possible QB in favor of signing Baker Mayfield sure is something

https://twitter.com/brandontierney/status/1615359974707978242?s=46&t=LYoPT4LmMhcca4CJNDhhLA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Two firsts lmao he’s gonna be mad when it’s 3

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Two firsts lmao he’s gonna be mad when it’s 3

Yeah. I might cry tears of joy if they got Lamar for *only* two firsts. Hell, I might even trade four firsts for him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah. I might cry tears of joy if they got Lamar for *only* two firsts. Hell, I might even trade four firsts for him.
We can't because you can only trade 3 years of draftd and we don't have multiple 1sts in any one, but we can get the rough equivalent. I think it'd take three 1sts, and maybe two 2nds, or like a 2nd and 3rd.

It'd be pricey but yeah, do it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lamar won mvp, is a vet who is younger than joe burrow, but you got to draw the line somewhere. maybe 1 first rounder and a 3rd

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He’s a fraud

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Watching Jets fans talk themselves out of every possible QB in favor of signing Baker Mayfield sure is something

https://twitter.com/brandontierney/status/1615359974707978242?s=46&t=LYoPT4LmMhcca4CJNDhhLA

this dude is the stupidest motherfucker in all of NY media.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
End of the Gentry era.

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1615424042567364608

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Brady with Waddle and Hill in that McDaniel offense would be legitimately disgusting. It’s already designed around short to intermediate throws and reading defenses which are all things Brady can still do.

Maybe run it back with Tua and see if you can kill the poor kid but one year of Brady would absolutely work on the current Phins squad

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I dont think it is designed around short and intermediate passes and Brady is toast.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s based on intermediate and deep throws

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I wonder how many he has had undiagnosed. Between his dad being insane and Nick Saban.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Jealan Philips had a bunch of concussions in college and hasn't missed a game in the pros.

Tua should still retire though.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s based on intermediate and deep throws

It’s mostly intermediate throws with not that many deep throws, which makes sense bc Tua’s got a baby arm but good accuracy.

Altho maybe they dial up more deep throws and he just doesn’t funsling it?

Anyway Brady’s physically still able to do the things Tua can do even if he is more limited than he used to be. I hate him but he’d be good in that system.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It’s mostly intermediate throws with not that many deep throws, which makes sense bc Tua’s got a baby arm but good accuracy.

Altho maybe they dial up more deep throws and he just doesn’t funsling it?

Anyway Brady’s physically still able to do the things Tua can do even if he is more limited than he used to be. I hate him but he’d be good in that system.

... again, no. It's mostly deep and intermediate throws. Tua is #2 in the entire league in 2022 for Average air yards per attempt. He's far and away #1 for most air yards per completion.

Comin into the AFCE thread to tell Dolphins fans what Tua is lol cmon dude we have no lives here

edit: And before anyone tries to say YAC... hes 20th in YAC yards per completion

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 18, 2023

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The most important part of all this is that Tom Brady sucks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

The most important part of all this is that Tom Brady sucks.

You sure Steve Ross agrees with this?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

... again, no. It's mostly deep and intermediate throws. Tua is #2 in the entire league in 2022 for Average air yards per attempt. He's far and away #1 for most air yards per completion.

Comin into the AFCE thread to tell Dolphins fans what Tua is lol cmon dude we have no lives here

edit: And before anyone tries to say YAC... hes 20th in YAC yards per completion

This could mean he throws a bunch of deep balls or it could mean he virtually never throws short outlet passes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

This could mean he throws a bunch of deep balls or it could mean he virtually never throws short outlet passes.

Okay now pretend we watch all the games. What exactly are you basing your claims on?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think Tua's arm strength does fall off more than most guys when you're talking about the really deep passes, but those are low % throws for anyone and I don't think that's particularly important when the guy was #1 in accuracy on 20+ yard passes or for that matter 10+ yard passes. Eat my poo poo and hair Tom Brady.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Here, per PFF on QBs who played more than 50% of their offenses snaps:

20+ yard passes(out of 19 players qualified)

#1 in completion percentage(7.3% higher than #2)
#1 in yards per attempt
#9 in attempt %
#15 in Average Depth of Target(3.1 yards less than #1)

10-19 yard passes
#1 in completion %
#1 in attempt %
#1 in yards per attempt
#18 in Average Depth of Target(1.6 yards less than #1)

He throws slightly shallower than average in the deep and intermediate areas of the field but he's much more accurate than everyone else on the whole. PFF goes back to 2006 and no one has the deep completion % he does.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tua juking his stats by throwing passes that are only deep balls by technicality.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's a shame the McDaniel system eventually failed Tua.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I love Sauce

https://twitter.com/iamsaucegardner/status/1615531025681219589?s=46&t=4QjgmlM8kd0DbOWKr2vEfg

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This poo poo was OPI

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

You sure Steve Ross agrees with this?

Nope! Losing a first and a third tampering with him only to then not even take the W that you didn’t end up with his washed rear end sounds like peak Ross tbh.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1615748362203955209?s=20&t=PlOiaAw0Cnup7L9Ok7CKZg

He’s actually being sincere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1615741708007886850?s=20&t=5lmi3qveTIRD4BGN_Re8kg