Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
production still from 1976 of Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Spaceballs (via reddit user dag)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I think I pretty much nailed it, I'm gonna make a few more models with some tweaks but I think I got a depth model trained on my friends face that's going to work for replacing people in videos with him and making embarrassing videos where he's a Japanese pop star.

Way, way better results than my first model. It just seems like it takes a lot more training to get a depth model to work right. This is from a 4000 step 400 class image 50 training image model. I have a 250 training image set of him too but I think with more selection in the pictures it comes out better.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 16, 2023

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Voidships of the 15th Imperium

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Is that SD or midjourney?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

very cool

I've been generating screenshots of fake media.

write an in-depth plot description of a sequel to The Thing (1982) where The Thing joins a japanese girl idol group while trying to evade the millitary posted:

The Thing, now free from the ice and seeking its own freedom, finds itself approached by The Idol Star Agency, a Japanese pop music girl idol group seeking a new “edgy” member. Yes, you read that right: a girl idol group. Initially apprehensive, the Thing soon falls in love with the idea of a clean life and perfect identity, permanently in disguise as its new “Ai Nonaka” persona.

Along with the other teenage members of the Agency (and after undergoing intense Makeover-training sessions), the Thing joins the group of ambitious young girls vying for fame and success under the Agency’s guiding hand. Instantly raised to fame and experimented in the dizzyingly extremely competitive world of Japanese entertainment,the Thing struggles to keep its true identity a secret while thriving in the more laid-back environment offered by the Agency.

Little do they know, however, that the Agency’s competitors, several mysterious corporations, have their eyes set on the new member swaying fans their way. In an attempt to get the Thing away from their competition, they conspire to snatch the Thing and remake it into a weapon. While its idol comrades attempt to draw the attention of law enforcement and military away from it, the Thing has to deal with more direct threats and put its newfound talents to the test in order to escape capture and assure its safety.

The Thing and its Agency cohorts travel through the bustling cities of Japan and its rural depths, coming across a range of people, cultures and lifestyles in the process, as it continues to stay one step ahead from the people who are after it. With the help from unlikely allies, the Thing may be close to succeeding in its mission… until a surprise and unexpected rescue for the Thing appears in the form of a mysterious military program and global conspiracy.

Having escaped the Agency and its enemies, the Thing’s new mission falls on its shoulders as it discovers a history and a destiny that ties into the planet’s future, while also needing to juggle newfound reconciliation with its former idols. Will the Thing succeed in both matters?

write a in-description of reboot of Dexter's Laboratory as a teen drama on the CW network posted:

The CW reimagines the beloved Nickelodeon cartoon Dexter's Lab in an edgy teen drama! Dexter is a 15-year-old science genius navigating the complicated social hierarchy of high school and his ever-changing home life. No longer a bumbling lab rat, this teenage Dexter is a typically charismatic, boundary pushing genius who uses his invention to fix the messes of his own wrong-doings and those around him. With a curious combination of smarts, charm, and vulnerability, he races to solve any problem that gets in his way with the help of his fierce older sister Dee Dee and his eccentric grandmother, the eccentric Professor Williams. With their power base growing, they frequently come into conflict with the rich and powerful Astronomanov family and incur the wrath of the school’s principal, Ms. Keane. The show promises to keep us on the edge of our seats as we follow Dexter and his team as they solve the science themes while wrestling with teenage angst, social power play, family ups and downs, and hormones.
Dexter

Dee Dee

Mandark

Misc characters I found by looking at the wiki

Koosalagoopagoop

Laboratory

Jack Nicholson starring in At The Mountains of Madness

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The more I'm playing around with masking and inpainting, the more I'm jonesing for a 4090. Especially since for the final touches, I found that upscaling an image and then using the result in the unified canvas to in-paint a better quality high-resolution face in.

Much better than rendering something first at a feasible resolution and just running GPFGAN and upscaling. Means that the bounding box/mask for a face can easily be 1000x1000 pixels, which is now taking so long on a 2070S/8GB that it's starting to bother me.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Random prompts and some were worked on for a few img2img iterations while looking for avatar ideas.

I don't know why epic diffusion kept giving me spider people for spider but I went with it.

I tried to take that last one someplace but decided while an interesting piece I ultimately wasn't going to use it as an avatar even if completed. I think I want to take a step back to less humanoid.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
"Gaston, eat the eggs"

quote:

In the animated children's movie, there is a manly man named Gaston who is known for his strength and bravery. One day, while out on a walk, Gaston comes across a passing witch. Without thinking, Gaston insults the witch, calling her old and ugly. The witch, angered by Gaston's words, curses him with a spell.

Gaston, confused and frightened, asks the witch what she has done to him. The witch explains that she has cursed him to crave eggs, but he will never be able to eat enough to satisfy his hunger. Gaston, who had always prided himself on his strength and masculinity, is now humiliated and ashamed.

Throughout the rest of the movie, Gaston tries various methods to break the curse, but nothing seems to work. He becomes increasingly obsessed with finding a way to eat enough eggs to satisfy his hunger, but it never happens.

In the end, Gaston learns a valuable lesson about being more respectful and kind to others.

"Gaston, sing with the eggs"

quote:

Verse 1:
Gaston: I used to be so strong and brave
But now my curse has made me a slave
To my never-ending egg desire
I can't escape this eggy fire

Chorus:
Eggs: Gaston, Gaston, you're such a fool
You should have been more kind and cool
Now you're cursed, and it's all your fault
You'll be craving eggs, until you're old

Verse 2:
Gaston: I try to eat them, one by one
But my hunger is never done
I've tried everything, but to no avail
This curse will be my downfall

Chorus:

Bridge:
Gaston: I wish I could turn back time
And make amends for my crime
But it's too late, my fate is sealed
I'll be craving eggs, forever revealed

Chorus:

Outro:
Gaston: I'll never escape this curse
Eggs: You'll be craving eggs, until the end
Gaston: My fate is worse than death
Eggs: You'll be craving eggs, until your last breath.

"Gaston, rejected alternate ending"

quote:

As the girl gets to know Gaston, she starts to see the good within him, despite his eggshell exterior. She falls in love with him, and Gaston starts to feel the same way. But he is still a giant egg beast, and he is worried that the girl will never accept him as he is.

The girl, however, assures him that she sees beyond his appearance and that she loves him for who he is. Gaston, finally feeling loved, starts to believe that he might be able to break the curse. But as he tries to move in the joy of finally finding love, he tips over and cracks open.

The villagers, who have been suffering from a food shortage, see the giant egg breaking open and they rush to gather as many eggs as they can. Gaston's body is consumed by the villagers, but his spirit is at peace knowing that he finally found love before he met his end.

The movie ends with the villagers enjoying a feast of eggs, but with a melancholic feeling as they remember Gaston, the kind and caring egg monster, who despite his appearance, showed that true beauty lies within.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 16, 2023

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."
Is there a particular preferred way to install and run Stable Diffusion et al locally? I now have a GPU with enough VRAM to run one of these models

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
The most confusing parts of this class-action complaint against SD/MJ/etc are when they go out of their way to poo poo on the *quality* of the outputs in a way that seriously undermines their main case

Implicitly gesturing at an output-based standard like this would be leading with your chin even if Midjourney v4 wasn't ALREADY trivially able to handle this prompt. I can generate hundreds of these, way more than there are photos of dogs in caps eating ice cream. Don't put stuff in a complaint just because it makes your clients fist-pump.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Elotana posted:

The most confusing parts of this class-action complaint against SD/MJ/etc are when they go out of their way to poo poo on the *quality* of the outputs in a way that seriously undermines their main case

Implicitly gesturing at an output-based standard like this would be leading with your chin even if Midjourney v4 wasn't ALREADY trivially able to handle this prompt. I can generate hundreds of these, way more than there are photos of dogs in caps eating ice cream. Don't put stuff in a complaint just because it makes your clients fist-pump.

There's a weird edge of pettiness right from the start with the inclusion of DeviantArt as part of the defendants. Like, instead of going after OpenAI and Dall-E for a third example, they specifically chose a platform they have a personal grudge with and just happened to have declared their intent for their own AI image generation project. Presumably because ArtStation/Epic haven't actually done that last part yet.

If this actually goes to trial, it feels like it's going to come down entirely to how much each side is able to persuade the judge(s) of their technical definition of what this technology actually does under the hood.

Assuming they don't just settle out of court, though it seems if they did that the whole Art Twitter contingent would view these guys as class traitors and blacklist them or something. Probably the best outcome anyone can realistically hope for is the case is just dismissed without trial.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Without even one concrete example of an infringing (i.e., overfit) output, it seems like at least half of these causes ought fail to clear a 12(b)(6) motion. You can call things "derivative works" until you're blue in the face, but without the words "substantially similar," I don't know where that gets you.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

Is there a particular preferred way to install and run Stable Diffusion et al locally? I now have a GPU with enough VRAM to run one of these models

There's auto1111, which is being developed by a crypto-racist eastern european weirdo, but has the most features by far. It's also a pain to install, but it's still the most popular UI just because of how popular it is.

There's cmdr2 which is a nice little meat-and-potatoes UI which I personally prefer most of the time, when I don't need a specific feature from Auto1111. Should be pretty easy to install.

Finally, InvokeAI. Very pretty and has a very nice inpainting/outpainting UI, but somewhat wonky under the hood at the moment. I've had a lot of technical issues getting it to work, but the outpainting is, indeed, very cool.

I have all three on my drives and use all three, depending on what I want to do.

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Megazver posted:

There's auto1111, which is being developed by a crypto-racist eastern european weirdo, but has the most features by far. It's also a pain to install, but it's still the most popular UI just because of how popular it is.

There's cmdr2 which is a nice little meat-and-potatoes UI which I personally prefer most of the time, when I don't need a specific feature from Auto1111. Should be pretty easy to install.

Finally, InvokeAI. Very pretty and has a very nice inpainting/outpainting UI, but somewhat wonky under the hood at the moment. I've had a lot of technical issues getting it to work, but the outpainting is, indeed, very cool.

I have all three on my drives and use all three, depending on what I want to do.

Thanks for the links. I saw Auto1111's repo, I wanted to know if people had reasons to avoid it besides anything about the author, but if it actually works I might use it.

Edit: LOL, I installed the latest drivers and have CUDA 12.0, which means I can't install or build any of the ML frameworks because CuDNN hasn't come out for CUDA 12.0 yet. I don't want to mess with drivers and downgrade, so I'll just wait for that. :eng99:

Sir Mat of Dickie fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 17, 2023

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Anyone get dreambooth ckpt training working on an M1 macbook? I'm going through tutorials for installing tensorflow locally since it seems to be missing from pip, but I don't know how to access the library from a different repo (automatic1111)

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Batman and The Joker in a loving, mutually beneficial relationship. Suburban bliss. Norman Rockwell.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Alris posted:

Batman and The Joker in a loving, mutually beneficial relationship. Suburban bliss. Norman Rockwell.

This one is excellent, just need to give Batman a black glove and fix the wonky finger.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Voidships of the 15th Imperium

Whoa, this one is incredible. Did you explicitly tell it to strap a mech to the side of the ship or make a scavenger-themed picture or did it just come up with that itself?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Some of those are clearly Robin cosplaying as The Joker

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Analytic Engine posted:

Anyone get dreambooth ckpt training working on an M1 macbook? I'm going through tutorials for installing tensorflow locally since it seems to be missing from pip, but I don't know how to access the library from a different repo (automatic1111)
The dreambooth extension got updated for M1 in November, paste the github in the Extensions tab and you should be golden, ignore the tensorflow errors and train on CPU. 2700 steps took me nine hours on M1 Max and it was overtrained anyway, leave your laptop overnight (don't forget to turn on Amphetamine) with the "save checkpoint every 500 steps" option on and then compare results

In theory you could activate the venv and install tensorflow-macos and tensorflow-metal but that doesn't really do anything :v:

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 17, 2023

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MuffiTuffiWuffi posted:

Whoa, this one is incredible. Did you explicitly tell it to strap a mech to the side of the ship or make a scavenger-themed picture or did it just come up with that itself?

I was just asking for spaceships, midjourney is the creative one here :v:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
This stuff is insanely addictive

Alex Grey's concept art for a modern Hollywood remake of Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Skinner box escapism was a good way to put it. Maybe there's something even cooler just a seed away :shepface:

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Thanks for the links. I saw Auto1111's repo, I wanted to know if people had reasons to avoid it besides anything about the author, but if it actually works I might use it.

Edit: LOL, I installed the latest drivers and have CUDA 12.0, which means I can't install or build any of the ML frameworks because CuDNN hasn't come out for CUDA 12.0 yet. I don't want to mess with drivers and downgrade, so I'll just wait for that. :eng99:

You can try Camenduru's Offline Installer, afaik it sets up an independent environment including CUDA. Idk what I'm doing and idk how it worked for me when I hadn't installed CUDA, but it worked*.

*Not as described (run.bat just gave me an error which I couldn't use for troubleshooting) but webui-user.bat ran just fine.

Ruffian Price posted:

Skinner box escapism was a good way to put it. Maybe there's something even cooler just a seed away :shepface:

Prompt: trapped inside an AI-Generated Skinner Box endlessly producing uncanny pictures

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

The Sausages posted:

You can try Camenduru's Offline Installer, afaik it sets up an independent environment including CUDA. Idk what I'm doing and idk how it worked for me when I hadn't installed CUDA, but it worked*.

I am pretty sure automatic1111 does something similar, though I havent checked, because when I was messing with diffusers and tweaking things to get it to work I had uninstalled CUDA multiple times, switched versions multiple times, and it broke near everything, torch.cuda.is_available returned false and such, yet through it all automatic1111 kept running just fine.

Every single AI project is a dependency rats nest now though, all held together by gum and paper clips one upgrade away from the whole thing collapsing. ShivamShrirao's diffusers is currently, apparently, semi-broken and he hasn't been around for a few days to fix it. His dreambooth still trains, it's just off. As far as anyone can tell it's all because this was actually not a good idea and by going to accelerate 0.15.0 things are broken in a hard to pin down way, but changing a single line back and downgrading back to accelerate 0.12.0 fixes it.

Older versions of cuda don't install in some distros with the version of gcc they ship with, which leads to some solutions that arent super clean. Stuff like that, it's all just kinda unstable.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jan 17, 2023

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

The other two installers just install their own environments by default, instead of being a piece of poo poo like Auto1111. Have you actually tried the other two?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Ruffian Price posted:

The dreambooth extension got updated for M1 in November, paste the github in the Extensions tab and you should be golden, ignore the tensorflow errors and train on CPU. 2700 steps took me nine hours on M1 Max and it was overtrained anyway, leave your laptop overnight (don't forget to turn on Amphetamine) with the "save checkpoint every 500 steps" option on and then compare results

In theory you could activate the venv and install tensorflow-macos and tensorflow-metal but that doesn't really do anything :v:

Thanks! I used the URL and installed it, but the app UI is missing the dreambooth tab after restarting. The tensorflow error appears in the zsh logs at startup and seems to be why the extension is hidden

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

An here's a response to the points they make in the complaint:
http://www.stablediffusionfrivolous.com/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/1615140587010916353?s=20&t=ZunhNSIIplnl5AY4MbuS5A

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Elotana posted:

Without even one concrete example of an infringing (i.e., overfit) output, it seems like at least half of these causes ought fail to clear a 12(b)(6) motion. You can call things "derivative works" until you're blue in the face, but without the words "substantially similar," I don't know where that gets you.

I don't get it how is their shining example not mona lisa or that it steals the style of Van Gogh. Like you could probably convince a jury that something there is wrong. But the examples given? These people know what they don't like about the tool and it's not the copying. They don't like the lack of human in the creation. It's quite simply technophobia.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The lawsuit is pointless. it doesn't even matter if you force them to make a squeaky clean image AI who has only ever seen classical paintings. all it takes is one person to retrain it on a few pics of Greg Rutkowski

Unless they make possessing a transformer models as illegal as hard drugs they cant stop people from retraining it. Heck they can't stop it even if they go that far now that stable diffusion exists, only push it underground where it will be used exclusively for art crime. Disney will have their own in-house AI and they will licence it out and artists will still have no work

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

or they'll just be hosted in japan where copyright law has already added an explicit fair-use carveout for training computer models

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Tunicate posted:

or they'll just be hosted in japan where copyright law has already added an explicit fair-use carveout for training computer models

That's actually really surprising because otherwise Japanese copyright law is insanely draconian

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Honestly, this lawsuit is probably going to do more good for AI than bad if it goes to trial. I don't see how they actually can win it, especially with the argument they are putting forth. Heck, Sarah Anderson sabotaged the entire thing when she put out that article that admits AI can't actually reproduce her art, just vaguely look like her style (which is not actually copyrightable). Also, if they try to bring up Greg Rutkowski, the training dataset actually didn't contain any of his art in the first place. It was just art being classified to be by him since it looked similar to his style. All this will do is set a legal precedent of fair use. Even if the judge is some eldritch being who cringes at the mere thought of being forced to use a computer, they aren't going to be able to come up with specific art that infringes. Heck, an old judge might even work against them because process is not copyrightable, so they aren't really going to care how the technology works, but the results.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BrainDance posted:

That's actually really surprising because otherwise Japanese copyright law is insanely draconian

everyone in Japan is a pervert. no one is going to ban the magical hentai machine

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

pixaal posted:

I don't get it how is their shining example not mona lisa or that it steals the style of Van Gogh. Like you could probably convince a jury that something there is wrong.

For the former, da Vinci died five centuries ago, and the latter, dude died 133 years ago; how could any jury find legal wrongdoing there? "Style" is not and has never been copyrightable

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Fuschia tude posted:

For the former, da Vinci died five centuries ago, and the latter, dude died 133 years ago; how could any jury find legal wrongdoing there? "Style" is not and has never been copyrightable

Oh I'm not calling them slam dunks I'm saying they'd have at least some chance of not being laughed out of the court.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I am not getting good results on the SD discord, oh well:

prompt:gamer guy, computer desk, wearing fedora, mountain dew bottles, artstyle : patrick nigel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

"AI steals real artists' work!"

Me, making AI images: