Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dango Bango posted:

Agreed. Also really funny in the context of this thread lately was them riffing on the WON.

"11 million people sitting in their houses "Get me a TV Guide and a WON! MAIL ME SOME PAPER, DAVE!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NOSAWA Rongai continues to tear communities apart.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
who trolled dave though. why is it such a big secret lol.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Seams posted:

yea ok posted:

That being said, someone buy PW_IND an account :mrgw:

if you dont know who that is youre lucky

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

It's not a secret it was mentioned a few pages ago. It was PW_IND.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tom cracking a joke out of nowhere about knowing less than Dave about NOAH on the most recent Filthy Four got a good chuckle from me :)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

It's not a secret it was mentioned a few pages ago. It was PW_IND.

yea ok posted:

if you dont know who that is youre lucky

thanks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m pw-ind

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought I was extremely online but I don't know who that is.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Is it Tony Khan?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

My favorite part of the apology was that Dave never said what he got wrong or really what the story was, just that he got fooled by two trolls. A classic Dave-ism when it comes to the news and Bryan was in no mood to stop him and actually get him to say what the story was or what the story actually should be. Maybe one of the few times I actually wish Garrett had been on there because Garrett would have been like "Ok, so for the people who don't know..."

I guess I'll have to wait for the newsletter to see if he really goes into detail.

Agree with this. I love Bryan and I'm a Bryan Stan and defender and I know it's been like this for years/forever but man it is getting to me lately that they are doing these shows at 1am and Bryan just wants them to be be over and clearly hasn't watched or read any of what they are talking about and hasn't watched anything except raw and dynamite in forever. But also that's the mentality

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

GoutPatrol posted:

David bix of "breaking news: Dave meltzer and Bryan Alvarez both cunts" fame? When has he ever had a problem with them before?
...literally 14 years ago when I was basically a kid and was more or less a message board troll? Which Dave and Bryan clearly understood by paying me to write for them, Dave giving me an HOF ballot before that, etc?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I used to be a message board troll. I still am too

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
:vince: WE GAVE SID 8 MINUTES LATER TONIGHT, YOU TELL ME IF AFTER THAT MATCH YOU STILL WANT SID

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

"11 million people sitting in their houses "Get me a TV Guide and a WON! MAIL ME SOME PAPER, DAVE!!"

Hulk hogan: Well brother you should be politicking for more money and the belts
Shawn Michaels who sounds identical to hogan: I think thats a good idea brother your thinking real good jack.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Forlornly, as if from the foot of one's bed at 2:45AM:

number fifteen

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Dave gave a much more genuine and open apology and took more responsibility for getting pranked about a Japanese wrestling promotion than the entire United States media did for lying and cheerleading the country into invading Iraq so I'm willing to say Dragongategate is done.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

to everyone posting about dave:

imagine how much more fun you would have posting about deadlock instead

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

1glitch0 posted:

Dave gave a much more genuine and open apology and took more responsibility for getting pranked about a Japanese wrestling promotion than the entire United States media did for lying and cheerleading the country into invading Iraq so I'm willing to say Dragongategate is done.

But have you considered being on the side of Eric?

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1615061654307471360?t=RJEk2sk7PTykD_6cKc-lwQ&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seems fine to be on the right side.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

to everyone posting about dave:

imagine how much more fun you would have posting about deadlock instead

Is there more to it than guys being dudes about wrestling? I listen now and then and it's kind of funny but it hasn't hooked me the way it has other goons.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

sometimes you just gotta hang out with your boys as they slip further into insanity

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

it is a serious dudes rock podcast, i can understand it being everyones cup of tea.

now a guy like me... i need at least 4 hours of various wrestling impersonations a week.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it's a genre I like in small doses. Dick "The Cock" Johnson does get me to laugh every time.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it's a genre I like in small doses. Dick "The Cock" Johnson does get me to laugh every time.

My favorite one ever was when Pulse casually read something like Richard C. Johnson and was about to move on until Johnny blurts out "WAS THAT A DICK THE COCK JOHNSON?!?"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

its my secret shame that i usually laugh at those. This weeks was too long and too hosed up i will say. Johny and Tony telling Pulse he can just stop as hes trying to say something weird about Johny was very funny though.

gotta try and get Butt "The Shitman" Fart going as a running joke.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Suplex Liberace posted:

its my secret shame that i usually laugh at those. This weeks was too long and too hosed up i will say. Johny and Tony telling Pulse he can just stop as hes trying to say something weird about Johny was very funny though.

Anything that is not the weird and gross sexual stuff is usually pretty funny imo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i got a chuckle out of the boys with "tony's elevated deck enzymes"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I just skip the Patreon shoutouts

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Dave answered my burning mailbag questions on Young Rock this morning. Super stoked.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Later in the episode one of them (Dave again I think?) joked that Eric should join them on their purchase of WWE with The Rock, with the reaction basically being a horrified,"He's not invited!" :lol:

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Can't get enough of sassy Dave

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Suplex Liberace posted:

The Excrement of Expulsion.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dave and Bryan not understanding how video game development and marketing works and being baffled by AEW showing the game off at trade shows but not launching it yet is pretty funny

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Dave and Bryan not understanding how video game development and marketing works and being baffled by AEW showing the game off at trade shows but not launching it yet is pretty funny

Even funnier was Bryan unintentionally making it clear Dave literally just asked if the game was ready or not and didn't ask any follow-ups.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
https://twitter.com/WTFpod/status/1615406684264071168

I haven't listened to Maron in ten years but would love to hear him interview Eddie

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Marc asking Eddie "who are your guys?"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Dango Bango posted:

Even funnier was Bryan unintentionally making it clear Dave literally just asked if the game was ready or not and didn't ask any follow-ups.

Bryan is giving a list of questions and he dutifully asks them. He has no interest in acquiring real information or asking follow questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bryan needs to get to the bottom of whether or not the AEW game is as good as Mighty Bomb Jack