Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
My sister lives in Wisconsin and that recipe reminds me of why everyone in Wisconsin is fat.

Lifehack: Make your butter burgers really pop by using Rodolphe le Meunier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

My sister lives in Wisconsin and that recipe reminds me of why everyone in Wisconsin is fat happy.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Just bought a new Speed Queen dryer (DR5003WE) from Greentoe. More than what Costco is but from what everything I read, these are built to last like commercial dryers and that's exactly what I want. Plain dials, set it and forget it.

drat, I didn’t know they sold Speed Queens to the public. At least I know what brand I’m getting next.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Silly Burrito posted:

Just bought a new Speed Queen dryer (DR5003WE) from Greentoe. More than what Costco is but from what everything I read, these are built to last like commercial dryers and that's exactly what I want. Plain dials, set it and forget it.

I got a gas Speed Queen from this local guy and it is the one appliance in my house that I feel proud of. It is a beast.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Don't have the washer though but I bet it's pretty good too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

dirty shrimp money posted:

drat, I didn’t know they sold Speed Queens to the public. At least I know what brand I’m getting next.

Yeah, from what I’m reading they’re pretty much the same machines, just minus coin boxes and such. We’ve tried fixing our dryer three times, it’s had a good life, but I’m hoping this new dryer lasts for years and years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why is Wisconsin so fat?

Tries cheese curds.

Oh okay I get it now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So I made an appointment to meet with my boss today to discuss the overall make up of my department which hws gone from 6 staff to just 3 and my workload which has obviously doubled meaning I'm not managing a thing just doing admin and grunt work and soul crushing poo poo I don't want to do.

And

He decided not to show up this morning deciding instead to go visit clients. But he's also asked me to inform my team there's now a blanket ban on overtime.

I also got an email from middle management pissing and moaning at me for following procedure which made their lives slightly harder and instead of defending me, my boss who was looped into the email asked me to keep him informed of my justification as well.

So I am spending my day arguing to ensure my staff get paid and continue to get their OT and ignoring everything else.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Samadhi posted:

Welcome to National Butter Burger day (I just made this up)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNDJrihWknI

two tablespoons :stare:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

So I made an appointment to meet with my boss today to discuss the overall make up of my department which hws gone from 6 staff to just 3 and my workload which has obviously doubled meaning I'm not managing a thing just doing admin and grunt work and soul crushing poo poo I don't want to do.

And

He decided not to show up this morning deciding instead to go visit clients. But he's also asked me to inform my team there's now a blanket ban on overtime.

I also got an email from middle management pissing and moaning at me for following procedure which made their lives slightly harder and instead of defending me, my boss who was looped into the email asked me to keep him informed of my justification as well.

So I am spending my day arguing to ensure my staff get paid and continue to get their OT and ignoring everything else.

This is good people managing though. Take care of your employees and the rest will work itself out usually.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/bugliker/status/1615040686159429652?t=T1huJUuehJ69eQUgYv-lbg&s=19

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

And

:sever:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh don't worry im looking for work right now. I'm just ensuring that I make everyone's life above me as painful as possible and everyone below as easy as possible.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

that first one *could* be an old floor furnace that they replaced with forced air. But probably not.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Love a home with a built-in suicide booth

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Oh don't worry im looking for work right now. I'm just ensuring that I make everyone's life above me as painful as possible and everyone below as easy as possible.

As you should.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Last of us is pretty good but

Feels like Joel has his balls clipped. Every second scene he's getting corrected, brow beaten or told what to do by seemingly everyone. Seems a weird choice.

Worth following anyway.

Just finished the first ep and did not get this vibe at all, totally disagree!

Show is real good, Pedro is real good, I’m a good ways into TLoU2 right now and it’s making me want to play through the first one again, can’t wait til next week.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Cowboys kicker pulling a full Knoblauch on MNF right now.

It just occurred to me that no kids even know who Chuck Knoblauch even is, christ.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

My dinner was delivered to me by a robot.

Still debating if the :kimchi: face the screen has is cute or unsettling.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Android Apocalypse posted:

My dinner was delivered to me by a robot.

Still debating if the :kimchi: face the screen has is cute or unsettling.

Is the crawfish good? Also if you're ever in Seattle and want crawfish go to Crawfish House in White Center.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Is the crawfish good? Also if you're ever in Seattle and want crawfish go to Crawfish House in White Center.

The crawfish my friends got was better than the gumbo I had. I've had their crawfish & crab boil before but tonight I wanted to try something different.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, from what I’m reading they’re pretty much the same machines, just minus coin boxes and such. We’ve tried fixing our dryer three times, it’s had a good life, but I’m hoping this new dryer lasts for years and years.

I hate your new av

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Cowboys kicker pulling a full Knoblauch on MNF right now.

It just occurred to me that no kids even know who Chuck Knoblauch even is, christ.

It almost felt like some kind of weird scorigami bet.

Now there’s a stoppage for a player down, possible back injury. Ain’t football great :/

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

I hate your new av

:tipshat:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

harperdc posted:

It almost felt like some kind of weird scorigami bet.

Now there’s a stoppage for a player down, possible back injury. Ain’t football great :/

It was mentioned in the GDT that the over/under for the game was 45.5, and the final score was 31-14. :tinfoil:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

re: roundabouts, roundabout chat always makes me put on Yes: Roundabout

re: pet cancer, just be aware that your assumptions about how rough chemo is are based on human chemo. Our cat for example, went downhill very fast from her lymphoma, but we were fully prepared to put her on chemo after it was explained to us that cats tolerate it far better than humans, they don't lose their hair, you can treat nausea pretty easily, etc. Obviously for a 17 year old cat where the prognosis is like maybe +2 months, you probably just don't bother. I just wanted people to know, because vets don't always fully explain this stuff.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Another good opportunity to say never be scared ask the professionals you pay

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

Love a home with a built-in suicide booth
And the neighbors can watch!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Death Cab/Postal Service are doing a Transatlanticism/Give Up tour where they're just playing both albums.

its already sold out

poo poo. poo poo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Death Cab/Postal Service are doing a Transatlanticism/Give Up tour where they're just playing both albums.

its already sold out

poo poo. poo poo
Everyone is so starved for live music after the worst of the pandemic I’m not surprised it sold out. It just sucks you didn’t get in fast enough.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

FizFashizzle posted:

its already sold out

poo poo. poo poo

Somehow they're not coming to Chicago, not even close to Chicago. I guess glad I saw Postal Service about 5 years ago. Maybe you could buy some on the secondary market, if you don't care about paying out the nose.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bird in a Blender posted:

Somehow they're not coming to Chicago, not even close to Chicago. I guess glad I saw Postal Service about 5 years ago. Maybe you could buy some on the secondary market, if you don't care about paying out the nose.

If I were a gambling man I'd put money on them playing Riot Fest

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Trying to get tickets to a big headliner is such a fool’s errand these days. I’m glad that I got to see most of the big bands I like live like a decade ago and now I just go to smaller shows.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Pain of Mind posted:

Having a 3 day weekend is nice, was able to spend Saturday and Sunday cleaning, and still a day to bask in a clean house.

In sort of a catch-22 situation with my 14 year old dog, where she should probably get to the vet at some point since her health is slowly declining, but she has enough pep where you cannot comfortably commit to getting her euthanized. She had bloodwork as a prerequisite for a teeth cleaning, and they said she was not healthy enough to get anesthesia due to liver issues, with a thought that she might have liver cancer and they wanted to give her an MRI and do a bunch more bloodwork to confirm that diagnosis. We declined, because even if she had cancer we were not going to put a 14 year old dog through chemo/surgery. It feels like she is too healthy to put down, but not healthy enough to try and fix anything. I am assuming whenever the next vet appointment is will be the last one, but it feels so ... discretionary, like we get to choose when we get rid of her.

My boy Bandit, who is ten, had abnormally high liver enzymes (I will have to look up which ones). I was scared because the doctor mentioned the possibility of liver cancer. Well, it turned out after doing some more thorough bloodwork that it was treatable with a dietary change and a milk thistle (iirc) supplement. It eventually dropped his numbers back down to the point where he's eating his regular food again. He still takes the supplement, but he's doing fine. I suggest you do the bloodwork at the very least just in case its treatable. You never know!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hot Diggity! posted:

If I were a gambling man I'd put money on them playing Riot Fest

Is the pitchfork schedule out because postal service is way more of a pitchfork band than riot fest.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My friends are going to coachella on my birthday weekend so I'm thinking about tagging along because one of them has housing 15 minutes from the venue...I don't know any of the artists performing but it's always a good time to discover new artists while doing drugs, right?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There's music at Coachella??

https://time.is/ is your best friend when it comes to getting concert tickets/new consoles/hype shoes/whatever limited quantity luxury item you're trying to buy on the internet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Fun fact: Twitter was originally invented so Jack and his friends could tell each other where they were at Coachella. (or SXSW, one of those)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is the pitchfork schedule out because postal service is way more of a pitchfork band than riot fest.

Death Cab and Ben Gibbard solo have played Riot Fest a handful of times. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Pitchfork, but with the way they've been booking lately I'd still expect Riot Fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Want to hate yourself for 2 minutes 20 seconds?

There's an actual NFT game out finally, and good lord is it unappealing.

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1614623290353487873