Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nessin posted:

Not sure why but the urge to play Genshin came upon me around Christmas after shelving it when the mountain south of the Mondstat region was released, so I'm well behind on content. I did get the notice about dropping world level which was nice, because I think I'd just gone up to WL7 and was getting my butt kicked, so dropping back down to learn the game is what's saving me from thinking of just restarting from scratch (not permanently, but for re-leaning the game). Is there a good site for character team build and gear combinations that work for beginners? Those that haven't gotten access to the later regions and artifact sets or a lot of extra characters?

https://akashadata.com/team/ isnt bad either, its showing spiral abyss teams but anything that works in there is mostly gonna be fine in the overworld. id switch to floor 9/10 tho because floor 12 is mostyl gonna show the optimized teams

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/edit#gid=954718212

this is a good resource for character builds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

al demo is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XbHqN8Cs60

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
My notification page is showing me the banners that come up after Alhaitham and Xiao. Did they do that on accident?

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Yeah this is pretty early, not going to lie.

Edit: Tweet was deleted, but it had Xingqiu, Ningguang, Beidou and Lithic Blade, Favonius Sword, Favonius Codex, Dragonbane, and the Rust Bow on the 4* rate-up.

BlackPersona fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 17, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh good, I can get XQ to C6 while grabbing Yelan

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
And we're also getting... two consecutive login reward events? Yeah. Okay, sure.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's not just the English account, so it must be intentional.

Hopefully this trend will continue, and they'll keep announcing their plans further and further ahead of time until they're beating the leakers at their own game.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

What'd it say?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gone already rip

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 17, 2023

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

What'd it say?

Just edited my original post, but Xingqiu, Ningguang, Beidou and Lithic Blade, Favonius Sword, Favonius Codex, Dragonbane, and the Rust Bow on the 4* rate-up.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh, I guess somebody with the keys to whatever tool they use to coordinate all their Twitter accounts hit the wrong button.

That, or nobody told the English community team this was part of the plan and they went off half-cocked and deleted it on their own, because the Japanese version is still up.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
damnit if I pull on these banners its is going to result in like C12 Beidou and Ning and Xingqiu for me.

might do the weapon banner since either option would be useful (raiden gets homa, passes catch to xiangling; fischl or venti takes aqua, other takes stringless)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 17, 2023

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Love the boys' night vibe, though this kind of makes me want to roll Kaveh more.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I already have Yelan, so I'll pass on Hu Tao since I'll be going for Dehya immediately following. Plus I already have Xingqiu/Beidou at C6 and it would just get wasteful. lol

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

gone already rip

Wait, did the English version really include the date for Wanderer and Itto's last banner too by mistake? That's probably the only reason they deleted it.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Good news Kaveh is probably a 4* so he's not going anywhere once he releases

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Wait, did the English version really include the date for Wanderer and Itto's last banner too by mistake? That's probably the only reason they deleted it.

Yeah it came back up :lol:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1615215676997922817?s=20

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Glad I'm not pulling on the second half. I've got all the 4* at C6. Hopefully that means the Dehya banner won't have too many for me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I already got Ayato so my only options are either pulling on Alhaitham's banner for more Yaoyao and Yunjin constellations or simply not and waiting instead. I've already got a C0 Hu Tao and Yelan and am not crazy enough to go after 5* character constellations right now. If there's a 7 month rerun of Mondstadt and Liyue characters then maybe.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
lol, I spent months carefully planning to buy beidou with my remaining starglitter, and hoyo just puts her on the banner I was going for yelan on anyway

masterful troll on me, personally, well done

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That's a good banner for 4*s for newer accounts. Absolutely terrible one for anyone who has been playing for any amount of time longer than a year or so.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
60% crit damage buff and attack speed increase for my physical pale flame Qiqi? Come here now Mika

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

That's a good banner for 4*s for newer accounts. Absolutely terrible one for anyone who has been playing for any amount of time longer than a year or so.

at a certain point every banner is bad for 4*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tree Reformat posted:

lol, I spent months carefully planning to buy beidou with my remaining starglitter, and hoyo just puts her on the banner I was going for yelan on anyway

masterful troll on me, personally, well done
if you were just getting her, her cons are really good too. c2 is amazing and her c6 is strong, too. and her burst rank con is obviously decent. c1 is also an okay shield for some added protection if the team otherwise doesnt have a shielder.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

FiftyFour posted:

60% crit damage buff and attack speed increase for my physical pale flame Qiqi? Come here now Mika

That sounds like a fun qiqi

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

🎵 I pulled a Mika 🎵

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hmm no, doesn't have the same ring to it

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Hmm I'm going to be pulling for Yelan, but also don't have XQ yet so was going to grab him in the new year event, now this changes that maybe unless I get really lucky and pull Yelan early... decisions decisions...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

schwein11 posted:

Hmm I'm going to be pulling for Yelan, but also don't have XQ yet so was going to grab him in the new year event, now this changes that maybe unless I get really lucky and pull Yelan early... decisions decisions...
Worst case scenario, you can buy him for Starglitter in March.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

BabyRyoga posted:

I'm among that number and XQ has dodged me every single time he's been on rate-up, so I disagree

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just went back to play the game on my PS4 since I'll be without my PS5 controller for a while and holy poo poo these loading times are atrocious. I've been really taking the SSD for granted. Went from ~3 seconds to over a minute to load into gameplay.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Wanted to grab Yelan and maybe try for Hu Tao's c1 since I have ~450 wishes saved but I've got all the rate ups at c6 ughhhhhh

Nothing feels worse to me than pulling someone who's already at c6

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Look at it this way, all of the Starglitter you'll get from getting already C6'd 4* units means you can convert them into wishes and be more likely to hit your goals!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Nothing feels worse to me than pulling someone who's already at c6

Stubbing the same toe twice in quick succession

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

In other news, Honkai: Star Rail finally got approved for release in China

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i still dont understand the hype for that game
i understand that some people only play mobile games only for the characters and don't care about gameplay at all
but I wouldn't expect those people to exist in serious numbers in the genshin or honkai fanbases

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dehya's scalings got released. She looks pre-dendro Thoma levels of undertuned/nonsensical. Prove your love for her.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
How long is maintenance usually?

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I've already encountered what killed me when I stopped playing a long time ago. I've got one great character, Xiangling. I dumped a lot of resources into a character that can perform well, Klee, and I enjoyed playing for a couple days but then came to absolutely hate. And two characters I enjoy, Noelle & Beidou, but only work when timers aren't a thing and really just feel terrible to play after a good Xiangling/Bennet/Fischl team.

The problem is I invested all my other resources into finding alternatives, but never quite got anyone up to really compete with Xiangling yet and grew very bored grinding constantly with one team over and over and over and over again. My next best option is a level 80 C0 Childe with a level 60 R1 Rust or taking the level 80 Widsith off Klee and building up another book user which comes down to either my 60 Sucrose, 40 Mona, or 40 Ningguang. However after just a couple days of commissions and trying out bosses the thought of grinding those up is... not great. Especially with very few skill and exp books to my name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
the game ain't gonna click for everyone. now me, i got a broken brain so everything's gravy