Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Miftan posted:

Sprouts are good, actually, unlike coriander and parsley. Maybe my soap genes override the sprouts bad taste or something.

I get that coriander is a thing because of the soap gene but parsley too??? Mods???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rappaport posted:

Are you hiring?

quote:

career
/kəˈrɪə/

noun
an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress.
"he seemed destined for a career as an engineer like his father"

verb
move swiftly and in an uncontrolled way.
"the coach careered across the road and went through a hedge"

But also, yes, I have a number of arse positions that need filling

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Dabir posted:

Computer show me a British man eating an entire bunch of bananas every single day

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

But also, yes, I have a number of arse positions that need filling

:smith: Way to brutally own someone using their second language.

I still say it was a two-pence pun!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Aphex- posted:

I get that coriander is a thing because of the soap gene but parsley too??? Mods???

Weirdly dried parsley and coriander are both fine for me, but fresh they both taste like rear end and ruin whatever they're sprinkled on. Cooked instead of totally dried out is also a no go. I have no idea why my taste buds are like this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

Sprouts are good, actually, unlike coriander and parsley. Maybe my soap genes override the sprouts bad taste or something.

Deficient genes would explain so much about your tastebuds

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

nooooooo

he had the perfect voice to fix the gaping hole left by Wogan

I guess we're going to need a Welsh guy with a soothing voice to keep the pattern going

Just get Rob Brydon and/or Peter Serafinowicz in

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Glady I have regular non hosed up taste buds and that cilantro and parsley taste good.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Parsley tastes like shoe shops

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Parsley tastes like shoe shops

I've been in a lot of shoe shops but tasting was always frowned upon

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you bought and ate 200 bananas you would get approximately 10 times your daily calories and many vitamins, but that would probably be the least of your worries as a potassium slurry careers out of your arse.

Plug that arse with a banana and that's one problem solved

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Rarity posted:

Deficient genes would explain so much about your tastebuds

More antisemitism from radical corbynite left!!

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

sebzilla posted:

Replace all radio DJs with Peter Serafinowicz

Or has that already happened :tinfoil:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sebzilla posted:

every time he opens the phones glinner calls up to rant about trans people and demands his wife back

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

obviously not *from* Serafinowicz, they're siblings don't be gross

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

josh04 posted:

Computer, show me a finnish man considering the impact of a solar-powered energy satellite!

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Lmao that farm is literally where I lived for ten years with Tim in the house next door.

We eventually swapped houses with thighpaulsandra at one point and when I went back to visit him he'd turned it into a freaky s&m art gallery. There were mannequins with kitchen knives stuck into them in the hall.

I should get back in touch.

So cool. Genuinely jealous of your propiniquity to such an interesting creative dude.
I'm guessing that your family had nothing to do with the dodgy name he uses when crediting it as his studio.
For the curious it's Golliwog Farm.

You should get back in touch, if only so I can vicariously shave off a few degrees of separation.

Thanks for this. I shall use it responsibly to gently chide my kids.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

His Divine Shadow posted:

josh04 posted:

Computer, show me a finnish man considering

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Peak physical performance

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That man is wearing jeans on top of his kalsarit, 6/10

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Glad to see the finish already have a word for goblin mode.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I was talking to the new hire who had previously worked at Nokia and I asked him "oh nice, were you based on Finland at the time?" and he looked at me like I'm a giant idiot, replying "no I am from India"

I wasn't asking "no where are you from" lol I was asking if you lived in Finland while working for a Finnish company.

Turns out he had, so I asked if he learned any Finnish up there and then we shared a mutual bond and laughed about what a clusterfuck of a language it is

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Turns out he had, so I asked if he learned any Finnish up there and then we shared a mutual bond and laughed about what a clusterfuck of a language it is

We already fought one war, aren't you people ever done :smith:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rappaport posted:

...so we did. But apparently there's no recorded evidence we actually killed any Finnish people, or vice versa. Some kind of cold war, but I guess you're used to such things.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Rappaport posted:

We won't ever stop fighting!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

...so we did. But apparently there's no recorded evidence we actually killed any Finnish people, or vice versa. Some kind of cold war, but I guess you're used to such things.

In a somewhat amusing fashion, which I suppose befits Britain, you caused us a lot more gray hairs over your interpretations of our peace treaty than with the actual war :unsmith:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

For a moment I tried to imagine an Indian-Finnish War. That would be something, but I guess India has had to deal with the Mongols in the past.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Miftan posted:

Weirdly dried parsley and coriander are both fine for me, but fresh they both taste like rear end and ruin whatever they're sprinkled on. Cooked instead of totally dried out is also a no go. I have no idea why my taste buds are like this.

The drying process breaks down the enzyme in coriander that you react to. Its also happens when finely ground, so while a lot of curries have coriander in them, its been through a pestal and mortor so the soapiness doesn't come through.

I was literally eating a very nice bean wrap earlier today, until I hit the coriander leaves hidden in the middle.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 17, 2023

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

More antisemitism from radical corbynite left!!

Aaaa I didn't mean it like that noooooo

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ground coriander seeds are the pro spice to put in your food

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

EmptyVessel posted:

So cool. Genuinely jealous of your propiniquity to such an interesting creative dude.
I'm guessing that your family had nothing to do with the dodgy name he uses when crediting it as his studio.
For the curious it's Golliwog Farm.

The actual name is Gelliwion Farm, so he's doing a play on that. Thoooough tbh not the greatest name he could have picked.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/leftiestats/status/1615342935993630722?s=46&t=i9CVvIy3j1HXTd68IC2tRg

Seriously, what is the actual point of this party at this point?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Starmer was waiting to see what the government would do. He's seen it and he likes it.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All orders have now shipped. Thanks folks! <3

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Never interrupt your enemy when they're making a mistake :smuggo: or your friend when they're doing something you like

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

The actual name is REDACTED Farm, so he's doing a play on that. Thoooough tbh not the greatest name he could have picked.

Yeah I guessed it might be a twist on an original Welsh name.
It's more than a little "wtf? duude no". Almost certainly another example of his participation in the long and noble tradition of intentionally transgressive behaviour to shake up the straights.
It may also be an obfuscation of his actual address so I've redacted your original post, maybe edit yours? Though I doubt any of the sort of folk who might target his life-style choices are reading this so I'm probably over cautious.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/conor_matchett/status/1615362694021799937?s=20

When even Scottish Labour MSPs are noticing you're a cowardly toe-rag you have to resign.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

gaping hole left by Wogan

:dudsmile:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mrpwase posted:

Replace all radio DJs with Peter Serafinowicz

Or has that already happened :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z9uLdARaNU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/conor_matchett/status/1615362694021799937?s=20

When even Scottish Labour MSPs are noticing you're a cowardly toe-rag you have to resign.

Scottish Labour should just become a separate party at this point. Same as the Scottish Greens being their own thing.