Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Veotax posted:

It did look like the Jedi Temple. Probably another Order 66 scene.
I'm betting on Tarre Vizsla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Darko posted:

Mandalorians have consistently been the worst part of Star Wars with Rebels being the Prime example with the same guy running it, though.

Regular people > aliens > Jedi > mandalorians. First season worked because for all intents and purposes, Mando was a regular skilled guy.

Speak for yourself buddy. Mandalore and the stuff involving Sabine have been great. About the only thing I’m looking forward to is going back to the planet to see what’s up.

Yeah, the 1st seasons episodes were good but there’s a rich history to explore. In a show based on a Mandalorian. From Mandalore. Called The Mandalorian.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Darko also speaks for me. The Mandalorians culture is impossibly lame. Just dorky-rear end Space Jehovah's Witnesses. They are only out-lamed by the inquisitors.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

Darko also speaks for me. The Mandalorians culture is impossibly lame. Just dorky-rear end Space Jehovah's Witnesses. They are only out-lamed by the inquisitors.

The reason there's no Mandalorian Inquisitor is because they strapped rockets onto their coptersaber and immediately nose-dived into a sarlacc pit

No one knows where the sarlacc came from, because it wasn't there five seconds ago, and now it's completely vanished

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

feedmyleg posted:

I'm gonna split the difference and hope the arc of the season is about Mandalorians being lame as poo poo but I'm ready to be disappointed

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

feedmyleg posted:

Darko also speaks for me. The Mandalorians culture is impossibly lame. Just dorky-rear end Space Jehovah's Witnesses.

This is what I like about them tbh, I just want them to be stupid weirdos living in sewers and banging on about their religion, I don't want any chose one/excalibur/galaxy's best fighters nonsense.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

But are we seriously going back to Tatooine and Nevarro again? I'm all for bringing back Amy Sedaris and Carl Weathers but can't they come visit Mando sometime rather than the other way around.

This feels even more frustrating after Andor which showed us that yes, there's actually more than just four or five planets in this galaxy, and yes, we can actually go there and do things. I know it's a pretty old joke by now, but poo poo, for such a supposedly insignificant backwater of a planet, Tatooine in particular sure gets a gently caress ton of foot traffic .

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only person who thinks Tattoine is an insignificant backwater is a spoiled rich farmboy who doesn't want to do his chores and plays with toy airplanes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1615253857797562368?s=20&t=gFSCHgKxelsVEC9lRlNn0w

Get ready for a lot of this from people who didn't watch (or finish, which is understandable) Book of Boba Fett.

Such a strange choice they made to have 2 episodes of BoBF be Mando season 2.5.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1615253857797562368?s=20&t=gFSCHgKxelsVEC9lRlNn0w

Get ready for a lot of this from people who didn't watch (or finish, which is understandable) Book of Boba Fett.

Such a strange choice they made to have 2 episodes of BoBF be Mando season 2.5.

It’s not like there won’t be a 2 min recap showing the highlights of those plot points before it starts.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just needs a note a la comic books:

* ED: Grogu opted to come back to Mando in Book of Boba Fett issue 319!

sad question
May 30, 2020

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s not like there won’t be a 2 min recap showing the highlights of those plot points before it starts.
Yeah and it will really piss people who didn't watch Booba show off

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If you're already on board with Mando I don't see why you don't watch the other stuff. It's not like they are on at the same time competing for your time.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yeah like you already have Disney+ just watch the two episodes, it's not an insurmountable hurdle to cross before March 1st

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sad question posted:

Yeah and it will really piss people who didn't watch Booba show off

That’s on them, don’t care.

sad question
May 30, 2020

At least you don't have to play Fortnite this time

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Saw a disturbing number of lightsabers in that preview.

It was just a clearer version of the grogu vision.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vintersorg posted:

If you're already on board with Mando I don't see why you don't watch the other stuff. It's not like they are on at the same time competing for your time.

As much as that is an understandable stance and the one Disney is taking it is still utterly insane to slot vital character progression and plot developments for one show into the finale of a separate show.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I forgot how good the music for Mando is. That theme is just the right amount of space western.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It is funny that not only did he reunite with Grogu in another show, he also reunited with his people, revealed his secret shame, and got sent on a mystical quest which will presumably be the main thrust of this whole season.

Doing one of those in a spinoff would be bold, but all of them!? It's like they set out to create the ultimate test of "this show is bad, but you have to watch it so you can follow the plot of the good show".

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can understand not going along with the CG shows but by now you should know all the live action stuff is connected.

E: We were all so hopeful! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuXMQQHr8A

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I think it's understandable to want to pick and choose which pieces of Star Wars media you want to engage in. I know some people who watched the first couple episodes of Book of Boba Fett, hated it, stopped watching it and said, "Eh, I'll come back for Mando season 3." In theory, that's not a crazy thing to think, they're different shows. Only, by the end of the season, that was no longer a viable option, and if those viewers didn't keep up with the story (again, not crazy), then this trailer would probably be a real wtf moment for them, seeing the major moment of the season 2 finale undone in between seasons.

It's not a problem for me, I watch basically everything Star Wars puts out. But I get it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well I appreciated how Andor has almost zero connection to anything outside of Rogue One. Star Wars's obsession with interconnectivity and self reference has been a huge anchor around the franchise for way too long and it ends up strangling new ideas by tying them to the old. Even Andor can't entirely escape the self reference trap, but it tries drat hard to make it as low key as possible, at least until the post credit stinger.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah, it'd be different if Mando was more of a cameo in Boba and you just saw what he'd been up to between seasons - that's more in line with the crossovers you'd generally expect these days, even from the MCU. But what they put in Boba was ridiculously important.

If they didn't want to include it in season 3 they probably should have just made a two episode "Mandalorian season 2.5" thing instead to tide people over between seasons.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

sad question posted:

At least you don't have to play Fortnite this time

People are going to be so lost when they hit the finale of Mando S3 if they didn't though

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Begemot posted:

It is funny that not only did he reunite with Grogu in another show, he also reunited with his people, revealed his secret shame, and got sent on a mystical quest which will presumably be the main thrust of this whole season.

Doing one of those in a spinoff would be bold, but all of them!? It's like they set out to create the ultimate test of "this show is bad, but you have to watch it so you can follow the plot of the good show".

Boba was supposed to be only 4 episodes so this is probably exactly what happened when they added the two Mando specific episodes. Those could’ve easily been the first two episodes of season 3 instead.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Agreed that it's dumb to have put the Mando episodes in Boba but it's also cutting off your nose to spite your face to not just watch those episodes if you know they exist

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vinylshadow posted:

People are going to be so lost when they hit the finale of Mando S3 if they didn't though

Holy poo poo.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Agreed that it's dumb to have put the Mando episodes in Boba but it's also cutting off your nose to spite your face to not just watch those episodes if you know they exist

Yeah, this I can get with.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Book of Boba Fett could have been fine if they'd ditched all the "present day" stuff and kept it to his Dances with Tuskens story. Maybe do the present day stuff as an epilogue climax, but at least the stuff where he was learning the ways of the desert and his adventure with Fennec to steal back his ship were good.

But everything about Mos Espa and the Pyke Syndicate and the Hutts was just crap.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Well I appreciated how Andor has almost zero connection to anything outside of Rogue One. Star Wars's obsession with interconnectivity and self reference has been a huge anchor around the franchise for way too long and it ends up strangling new ideas by tying them to the old. Even Andor can't entirely escape the self reference trap, but it tries drat hard to make it as low key as possible, at least until the post credit stinger.

Agreed, and then some. There's this galaxy supposedly chocked to the brim with planets populated by collective trillions, but rarely do we get a sense of that because everything keeps needing to connect, leading to the same locations, the same two dozen or so characters over and over again, etc. It just feels like so much potential being repeatedly squandered just so we can do things like see what Ahsoka has been up to yet again, or whatever the gently caress.

Andor was such a breath of fresh air. An entire series with no lightsabers, no mention of the force, or anything. Just new people in (mostly) new palces doing things.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like whatever childlike wonder you might feel for space adventure would be destroyed quickly if you had to do the equivalent of 72 plus hour long international economy flights except you can't get up at all, have to use a space diaper, and have to try to sleep in a giant blinding blue light tunnel.

I'd probably consider a job at space target over that

Threepio tried to warn us all, years ago.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.
I actually watched all of BOBF and still was surprised to see Grogu back. Apparently the show has deleted itself from my memory.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The episodes of BoBF are basically stand alone bonus Mando episodes so there is no reason for anyone who likes the show to skip them.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The only person who thinks Tattoine is an insignificant backwater is a spoiled rich farmboy who doesn't want to do his chores and plays with toy airplanes.

Uncle Owen couldn't hire anyone to replace Luke and bought his used robots from the door to door robot salesman. Luke's main ambition is "enlist." Doesn't sound rich to me.

poo poo Luke hung out with the local dirt farmer kids who are still hanging around the same town decades later. That's Luke without the Rebellion.

Biggs had a cape budget, but that could have been out of his military pay.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sash! posted:

Uncle Owen couldn't hire anyone to replace Luke and bought his used robots from the door to door robot salesman. Luke's main ambition is "enlist." Doesn't sound rich to me.

poo poo Luke hung out with the local dirt farmer kids who are still hanging around the same town decades later. That's Luke without the Rebellion.

Biggs had a cape budget, but that could have been out of his military pay.

Give us the drat Calrissian Chronicles where it turns out Lando visited Tatooine one (and only one) time and liked Biggs enough to give him an old (bought 3 days ago) cape

New Galaxy of Creatures shorts
Bogling
Eopie

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 17, 2023

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
It will be really weird for those binge watching Mandalorian in the future once season 3 is released.

Yes, they can watch the Book of Bob between, but... How would they know? Once season 2 is finished, it will probably autoplay / show Season 3.

Unless Disney Plus makes some custom screens or something, and even then it'd be an awkward explanation.

From memory the Mandalorian episodes of Bob were completely self contained, so it almost makes sense to just retroactively move them into Mando Season 4 episodes, or put them up as a seperate, 3.5 season if you want to keep them in BOBF.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Isometric Bacon posted:

It will be really weird for those binge watching Mandalorian in the future once season 3 is released.

Yes, they can watch the Book of Bob between, but... How would they know? Once season 2 is finished, it will probably autoplay / show Season 3.

Unless Disney Plus makes some custom screens or something, and even then it'd be an awkward explanation.

From memory the Mandalorian episodes of Bob were completely self contained, so it almost makes sense to just retroactively move them into Mando Season 4 episodes, or put them up as a seperate, 3.5 season if you want to keep them in BOBF.

Not entirely, no. The end of the second Mando episode of BoBF has Mando joining up with the Boba crew on Tatooine, getting ready for the final battle. Though, strangely, Boba Fett doesn't speak for this scene. I always wondered if this was some contract thing, where these two episodes somehow counted as Mando episodes, so if Morrison spoke, they'd have to give him a guest star pay check or something? But I don't understand how any of that works, so that's probably dumb.

Point is, they'd have to do some editing to make what you're describing work. But not much.

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

This feels even more frustrating after Andor which showed us that yes, there's actually more than just four or five planets in this galaxy, and yes, we can actually go there and do things. I know it's a pretty old joke by now, but poo poo, for such a supposedly insignificant backwater of a planet, Tatooine in particular sure gets a gently caress ton of foot traffic .

After watching Oppenheimer, someone will decide that actually, Tatooine is a logical place for a clandestine Imperial weapon project.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Am I the only one who wants Grogu to go visit Tatooine and say hello to Uncle Boba and Uncle Space Danny Trejo so he can play fetch with the pet Rancor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

If there's one consistent piece of feedback from andor it's that there was not enough tatooine. Say what you will about disney but they're just listening to the audience on that one