Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol why you leave a cushy office job for nightshift er? gently caress even the neuro pa's at my hospital aren't physically on site. They just take phone calls from clueless ed and hospitalists and tell them mri/mra, echo, aspirin, pt/ot, we will see in consult tomorrow morning.

Ortho trauma side gig.

Left neuro for now to do inpatient detox as my main, but it’s 7 on/7 off.

I miss neuro…so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How the gently caress you go from neuro to ortho

I almost never do ortho mri

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Hey friends been working in the ER all night did I miss anything good?

both teams had not made a single PAT until the 3rd quarter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

How the gently caress you go from neuro to ortho

I almost never do ortho mri

They told me I’d just be holding the phone overnight.

They told me they’d train me.

They told me the doctors would be understanding.

Anyway it’s an HCA hospital and uh try not to break anything in western NC at night. Good news is I can’t do any reductions because we don’t have enough ER rooms to do conscious sedations lmao

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

Anyway it’s an HCA hospital and uh try not to break anything in western NC at night. Good news is I can’t do any reductions because we don’t have enough ER rooms to do conscious sedations lmao

I already had a poor opinion of hospitals around here before knowing this. Goddamnit.....

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only hospital that should be discussed ITT is the care home Tom Brady is sent to after tonight's loss.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

hey this isn't Ravens chat

just kidding, boy Dak sure had a great night huh

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I mean every hospital in america is at the point of any warm body please help, but nobody really wants to talk about this very frightening reality. There's a reason life expectancy is in a free fall and it's not just because Tom Brady is washed up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Asproigerosis posted:

I mean every hospital in america is at the point of any warm body please help, but nobody really wants to talk about this very frightening reality. There's a reason life expectancy is in a free fall and it's not just because Tom Brady is washed up.

Cool please God talk about it any other thread on the forums I beg you.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

The Damar Hamlin thread showed me that I pray I never enter the orbit of anyone in the medical field that posts here except like Goetta and the other EMTs and he might kill me after he discovers my Steelers boxers

Anyways go to television now Brady please

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BrownThunder posted:

Anyways go to television now Brady please

I do not look forward to this at all although I know we'll eventually end up here.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If we have a game with worse officiating than Jags/Chargers deeper into the playoffs, it may cause a riot.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/1615217174653681665

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Porko Chains

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gonna be weird to see lavonte David in a chargers jersey or whatever next year.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1615236365482070016?s=46&t=re05UqwVdHgW2ujKf0TQnA

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
All of those players will be signing with Wal-Mart

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Imagine getting embarrassed by the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

3 of the 4 teams left in the NFC side of the playoffs are from the NFC East

The AFC side has 1 team from each division

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

loving Fiz you turned into this guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ERNAqqNSId0

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Alaois posted:

3 of the 4 teams left in the NFC side of the playoffs are from the NFC East

The AFC side has 1 team from each division
hotshot quarterback duels in the afc, storied team rivalries in the nfc, sounds like a great loving time

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hmmm don't love that

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Name Change posted:

If we have a game with worse officiating than Jags/Chargers deeper into the playoffs, it may cause a riot.

What are people upset about with that game? Nothing stood out a lot except it seemed like the refs were favoring Chargers significantly on PI calls when I watched it and they still lost, maybe I missed something.

Ort fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 17, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Name Change posted:

I stopped watching the Jags game because I got so pissed I nearly went full Mr. Logan about the refs. It was insanely bad.

Ort posted:

What are people upset about with that game? Nothing stood out a lot except it seemed like the refs were favoring Chargers significantly on PI calls when I watched it and they still lost, maybe I missed something.
Two of TLaw's four ints were on plays where defenders should have been called for obvious holding or PI. That enough is stupid as gently caress. There were other less major-red-flag stuff that was still terrible no calls on obvious holding or something.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 17, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

hmmm don't love that

AND $44m over the cap. Oh how quickly we turned into the Saints.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

AND $44m over the cap. Oh how quickly we turned into the Saints.
I don't see a problem with this. The Bucs were largely irrelevant for almost 20 years and you had a brief championship window because of Brady. Load up, put players on layaway. Whatever you have to do to get the ring.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah the Bucs will probably have a bad year or two where they jettison contracts and restart the salary cap cycle. But a nice thing about the NFL is if they draft well and hire good coaches they will be at least fun to watch in like two years and they did get a title of it so good on them.

Way better than, for example, MLB small market teams who miss their window and have to eat poo poo for like 5 years in a row to maybe have another chance if everything pans out.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't see a problem with this. The Bucs were largely irrelevant for almost 20 years and you had a brief championship window because of Brady. Load up, put players on layaway. Whatever you have to do to get the ring.

Oh I completely agree. It's just at some point you gotta pay the bill and that makes for a tough situation if you think you can still compete.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tampa still has a lot of talent on the team and i would like to see them capitalize on it without brady and coaching dragging it down. personally

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Winning always feels so transient that I would prefer 10 solid playoff years in a row with no superbowls than 1 superbowl and then being in the basement for years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pain of Mind posted:

Winning always feels so transient that I would prefer 10 solid playoff years in a row with no superbowls than 1 superbowl and then being in the basement for years.

You're nuts. The Bucs were poo poo for 20 years after they won their first SB and I wouldn't trade it away for that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Pain of Mind posted:

lol, maybe you can find a time machine to buffalo in the 90s

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would prefer to keep rooting for the 49ers where you can have the same streak of success and some actual wins to go with it. It feels like there is an hour of exhilaration after winning, and maybe you can check out some cool game highlights once a year on youtube, but a permanent record of winning for year XXXX does not really increase my enjoyment of sports the same as watching 400 hours worth of games over the years where the team is actually good. Obviously both things would be preferable.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Having a hearty chuckle thinking about all the Bucs/Brady fans who told us the salary cap doesn’t matter and Brady wasn’t washed and everything would be fine.

Have fun in Vegas, Tom.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Koirhor posted:

loving Fiz you turned into this guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ERNAqqNSId0

As somebody whose dad was a rural doctor, this has some :hmmyes: moments.

Pain of Mind posted:

Alternatively you're the Lions where your division goes from Favre to Rodgers and your moral victory is not being 4th in the division.

Next year will be very interesting for the NFCN.

Guess this also applies to the Jets having to suffer thru the Brady years, but now they got Allen to deal with and they did have splashes of competence back when… Rex Ryan was their head coach?!?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Having watched the drew brees saints, the only thing that made the consistent playoff heartbreaks bearable was knowing we at least got a championship out of it. If the 2010 saints playout exactly the same except Favre doesnt throw that interception in 2009, it would have been absolutely awful.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

wandler20 posted:

You're nuts. The Bucs were poo poo for 20 years after they won their first SB and I wouldn't trade it away for that.

2017 made me actively not give a gently caress about the roller coaster of instability and garbage that were the Eagles' next, like, four or five seasons.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
If your team has never won a championship in your lifetime, winning a championship is really important

If they have, consistently being good is probably better

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Toaster Beef posted:

2017 made me actively not give a gently caress about the roller coaster of instability and garbage that were the Eagles' next, like, four or five seasons.

Maybe I'm just numb from following one of historically worst franchises for nearly 30 years.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Pain of Mind posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
What if they have won a championship but it was 50 years ago and you hadn’t been born yet