Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Smugworth)
Do u eat eggs
gently caress off Derpies
What an eggcellent thread
Goku fusion dancing with an egg
CHICKEN CAME FIRST
View Results

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I am also planning on having some Christmas eggs but I probably won't have them with dog food :ohdearsass:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Nooner posted:

I am also planning on having some Christmas eggs but I probably won't have them with dog food :ohdearsass:

Weak rear end

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ayo check this out:

Eggs, wrapped in a tortilla, with other things.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How’s everyone handling the crazy egg prices in this eggconomy? 7 bucks for a doz of store brand. Y’all cutting back on those delicious eggs or are you just taking the financial hit to feed the need?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

How’s everyone handling the crazy egg prices in this eggconomy? 7 bucks for a doz of store brand. Y’all cutting back on those delicious eggs or are you just taking the financial hit to feed the need?

Paying top dollar for pasture raised organic eggs of cooz. I'll do it until I have no resource but move to a forest and live in a tent right next to organic pastures prime for egg snatching .

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I keep eating 3 egg breakfasts
My savings are dwindling
This will pass

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
today had

3 eggs
leftover ham diced up
leftover bsprouts diced up
mix that poo poo together real good.

dunno what breakfast tomorrow holds, but i bet it will involve three eggs and some other stuff all mixed together real good

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Had a hard-boiled today. Peeled and ate it over the sink I did

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Nooner posted:

today had

3 eggs
leftover ham diced up

dunno what breakfast tomorrow holds, but i bet it will involve three eggs and some other stuff all mixed together real good

https://i.imgur.com/vMrzkSr.gifv

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

today had

3 eggs
leftover ham diced up

never done it with brusses but i love a good egg/cheese/brocc scrumble

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have chickens and continue to give away eggs at every possible opportunity because there are just so many :negative:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Enfys posted:

I have chickens and continue to give away eggs at every possible opportunity because there are just so many :negative:

Can I have some?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Enfys posted:

Same, I have 15 hens and get too many eggs a day. I live in the country and a lot of people around sell eggs for $5/dozen and I think I am just going to start selling them based on a "pay what you can afford / what you think is fair" type model.

I have been eating a lot of poached eggs on toast or English muffins with spinach onions and jalapenos cooked down in a pan and dropped on top with a slice of muenster or provolone

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thinkin bout eggs this morning
Only had one egg in a little egg mcmuffin maker thing we got for Christmas but it was quite good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
just had 3 eggs over easy with some tony's and crystal and slice of sourdough toast

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Thinking about frying a couple eggs and eating them on toast

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Air fried potatoes, onions, mushrooms, jalapenos. American cheese. 3 over medium eggs :btroll:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I made bread so that I could eat eggs on toast

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

how many eggs should I expect to burn through before I can poach them right

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

how many eggs should I expect to burn through before I can poach them right

What problems are you having

I use a wide shallow pan
Smidge of champagne/white wine vinegar
Just boiling

Swirl the water counter clockwise with a slotted spoon
Drop the eggs in
Once white and set, give em a moment to cook through
Pull one out with the slotted spoon and poke it to make sure you haven't fully cooked it through, then gently set them in a shallow bowl lined with paper towel
Whisper sweet nothings to your beautiful little poached eggs

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Been a few a days without eggs

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Been a few a days without eggs

Stay safe Bags :shudder:

Should we start a GoEggMe for you?

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Smugworth posted:

Swirl the water counter clockwise

What happens if you swirl the water clockwise?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pie in the Sky posted:

What happens if you swirl the water clockwise?

The eggs won't poach

Haha just kidding, it's actually impossible to swirl the water clockwise in the northern hemisphere so I guess if you're in Australia go ahead and swirl it clockwise

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What happens if you don’t swirl it at all?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Buddy now you're just talking crazy
You need some eggs, stat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smugworth posted:

What problems are you having

I use a wide shallow pan
Smidge of champagne/white wine vinegar
Just boiling

Swirl the water counter clockwise with a slotted spoon
Drop the eggs in
Once white and set, give em a moment to cook through
Pull one out with the slotted spoon and poke it to make sure you haven't fully cooked it through, then gently set them in a shallow bowl lined with paper towel
Whisper sweet nothings to your beautiful little poached eggs

ok so a lot probably

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Honestly the poached egg part is easy, it's making the hollandaise that sucks rear end

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

And if you aren't putting hollandaise on your poached eggs I don't know why you wouldn't just make some over medium eggs anway

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The best eggs benedict is the Divine Benedict from Opal Diviner's in Austin, TX. Bed of queso, English muffin, sausage patty, poached egg, hollandaise, topped with pico de gallo. Get that Canadian bacon junk outta here

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

Smugworth posted:

Honestly the poached egg part is easy, it's making the hollandaise that sucks rear end

Hollandaise is actually pretty easy too, if you can separate the eggs well enough and you have an immersion blender. Even a regular blender can work in a pinch.

1. Put egg yolks in the blender cup
2. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice in
3. Heat a bunch of butter until foamy (can do this over the stove or in the microwave, but get it into a pourable measuring cup at the end)
4. Start blending together the egg yolks and lemon juice
5. While continuing to blend, slowly pour the hot butter into the blender
6. Pour more butter and blend until the mixture is light yellow and creamy in texture
7. Add salt and pepper to taste as well as some paprika if you're fancy

Done!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I do the immersion blender or use a food processor depending on my mood and still gently caress it up. One time the immersion blender drive gear melted because it was cheap plastic poo poo

Pie in the Sky
Apr 16, 2009

whoops here we go again

That does happen sometimes. What goes wrong for you? Other than instrument failure.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Poached eggs are so good, I eat two with an english muffin, capicola, and provolone every morning.

My hens are going egg crazy and giving me way too many every day now so I am making omelets for dinner tonight (also had them last night)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ended up doing this but added lettuce and tomato and made it an Egg Sandwich

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

500excf type r posted:

Poached eggs are so good, I eat two with an english muffin, capicola, and provolone every morning.

My hens are going egg crazy and giving me way too many every day now so I am making omelets for dinner tonight (also had them last night)

Hell fuckin yeah

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Broke the egg drought with a couple of over mediums for lunch

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Broke the egg drought with a couple of over mediums for lunch

Shshshshhh, no need to eggsplain. :smug: