Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I’m disappointed that there isn’t a Hildibrand drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Vermain posted:

I'm admittedly a tad more skeptical post-6.3 after they shoved the packet compression change through and then had to almost immediately backtrack on it. I was sympathetic to the server troubles at 6.0's launch because of the hardware situation and all, but if you seriously thought a compression method that relies on nearly perfect connectivity would fly in America, then I'm gonna start questioning what's going on with your networking team.

They live in Japan (see everything to do with how slow it has been to get better netcode for fighting games).

Like not in a bad way, but their networking team is likely Japanese employees whose primary environment is the Japanese internet. We know this to be the case because we've seen stuff like Titan and such be considered fine until someone from the team tried Titan in America (Yoshi-P himself in fact, if I recall).

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

it is weird that they just seem to keep learning this lesson over and over again

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vitamean posted:

it is weird that they just seem to keep learning this lesson over and over again

Tech companies are famously terrible at understanding that their customers aren't in the same environment they are. See also: cloud gaming.

Outside of gaming, it was actually one of the big reasons Windows 8 sucked. Its developers were big on tablet PCs, and forgot the part where nobody outside of them actually cared.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

OMG Krile’s

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Looking at some of the comments, the reason Asahi’s has an Oreo is because a lot of Japanese players call him that because of one of his line readings where he sounds like he’s saying that.

dyslexicfaser
Dec 10, 2022

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I’m disappointed that there isn’t a Hildibrand drink.
You could make a whole flight of drinks from the Hildi quest line, and there'd be no wrong answers. Coffee old fashioned, cotton candy cosmo that somebody set on fire, last word, yellow chartreuse and gin, kyoto bloom, etc.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

dyslexicfaser posted:

You could make a whole flight of drinks from the Hildi quest line, and there'd be no wrong answers. Coffee old fashioned, cotton candy cosmo that somebody set on fire, last word, yellow chartreuse and gin, kyoto bloom, etc.

hildibrand is the thing dumb teens would do when they pour all of those into a trash can and drink it

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Hildibrand is a Four Loko (OG version).

Godbert is a PBR with a shot of whiskey.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

please, godbert has class

it's tecate with a shot of whisky

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

OMG Krile’s

It's adorable. :3:

Whoever came up with Y'shtola's either misunderstood the assignment or understood it better than anyone.

As fragile as the portrait system is, I'm willing to deal with it for my main (RDM) and other jobs at 90 I use regularly, but if I'm on something I'm leveling or rarely touch you're getting my mugshot. I don't care if it costs me comms because, again, RDM main. Before portraits they were going to go to the healer I picked up off the floor six times or the single pulling tank who can't stop spinning the bosses, it's honestly less annoying if someone else gets it because they put more effort into their portrait than just because they had green or blue next to their name on the party list.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Hildibrand is a Four Loko (OG version).

Thancred is a Boilermaker, but with a Four Loko and a Five-Hour-Energy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Gaia's Attire and hammer are up on the cash shop, for those interested. Her armor is female only, and there's a version of her hammer for PLD, WAR, DRK, DRG, RPR, WHM and BLM.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Why leave out GBK though? It was a perfect opportunity to finally implement a gunhammer!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

one of these days, I’m going to cave and make some bad decisions in the cash shop and buy it all

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well time to make some bad decisions

*buys a giant corgi*

Uh well that's good actually how about this

*buys the motorcycle Cloud rides during one of the most rad parts of FF7*

Uhh uh w-well how about THIS

*buys some sick street clothes with a backwards hat, and a barmaid tiddy shirt and and big cat pajamas*

UHH.... UHHHHH........ 😰

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Well time to make some bad decisions

*buys a giant corgi*

Uh well that's good actually how about this

Uhh uh w-well how about THIS

*buys some sick street clothes with a backwards hat, and a barmaid tiddy shirt and and big cat pajamas*

UHH.... UHHHHH........ 😰

Dances and poo poo I can explain to myself with "it's only $4" but one day I will crack for the street clothes and peacock mount

I just bought the lotus when it came out though so maybe a month or two

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The motorcycle is one of the best purchases I've made in this game; excellent for getting around during new expansions, wonderful to have on an alt, no downsides at all.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The corgi is the most powerful item on the cash shop I haven't caved for yet. It barks, guys! It barks!

This is where I post a combo emoji of :kimchi: and :shepspends:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

The WoL's drink is distilled water. That they made themselves. So they're certain.

"I don't avoid primals, Thancred. But I do deny them my aether."

Thundarr posted:

Why leave out GBK though? It was a perfect opportunity to finally implement a gunhammer!

Lookit this SCR(ub)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Macaluso posted:

Pedantic correction; the SDS Fenrir is the bike Cloud rides in Advent Children. The bike from FF7 proper is called the Hardy-Daytona.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Gaia's outfit is on the store now.

$12 USD for the clothes (1-piece, gender-locked, undyeable, no weapon, no hair)
$3 per hammer or $9 for all of them.

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1615378456908562433

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bleck posted:

Pedantic correction; the SDS Fenrir is the bike Cloud rides in Advent Children. The bike from FF7 proper is called the Hardy-Daytona.

It's actually called Cloud's Bike :mad:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Bleck posted:

But Advent Children is one of the most rad parts of FF7, right after Dirge of Cerberus and The First SOLDIER.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ojjeorago posted:

But Advent Children is one of the most rad parts of FF7, right after Dirge of Cerberus and The First SOLDIER.

The built in sword racks on the fenrir were so sick

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The RNG in this game is broken.

edit: just sitting on these cause I already got the mounts I want.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I hate you

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Hot drat. Do you spend a lot of time shuffling or do you just yolo it and have insane luck or something

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The bronze/silver rewards aren't worth much to me, so I am minmaxing my chances for a triple every week, but the luck is still unreasonable.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just get the gold cert mounts and sell them for several millions if you don't want them, that's what I do

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Jesus. I've gotten all those mounts by doing it through unreal. Have yet to get a gold cert

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My main issue is I don't generate enough second chance points consistently enough to keep up, so I always burn out on WT after a couple weeks. I've pretty much given up completely on ever getting 3 lines.

As far as making money with the gold certs, aside from the mounts the main other strategy is buying new Ornate armor pieces as soon as they become available for a new tier of combat gear. Aside from just allowing you not fail overmelds, they also let you meld all rank X materia so there's always the possibility of a hardcore raider dropping wild amounts of gil for a miniscule advantage

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Martman posted:

My main issue is I don't generate enough second chance points consistently enough to keep up, so I always burn out on WT after a couple weeks. I've pretty much given up completely on ever getting 3 lines.

First week of new content I somehow got 6? I don't understand, I was running those all the time.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah the first week of two of a new content patch is by far the best time to farm second chance points. Even numbered patches moreso, since new alliance raids don't count but new normal raids do.

For the most part a three line is unlikely enough that it isn't worth re rolling forever to try to get one, unless you really like leveling or mentor roulette. If you can roll into one line that's good enough to get you some free capped tomestones so you don't need to farm as much up that week. If a three line is gonna happen, it'll happen.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I want gold certs because I am bad at video games

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Trials Roulette is also good for catbook points, people usually run those only once outside of moogle events.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I got 3 rows once, but it was before I hit the level cap so I couldn't claim a gold cert. :shepface:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I got a 3 row way back when it was first introduced and there were 5 slot crafter pieces available as a reward for a 3-line. Sold that for like 90 million gil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Electric Phantasm posted:

I got 3 rows once, but it was before I hit the level cap so I couldn't claim a gold cert. :shepface:

Ah, that would be why I've never seen them in the rewards. I was a little confused about that, but not enough to ask about it.