Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Some day the magic storyline will be something else besides "a bunch of people got compleated"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
It this just completely dissolves the Gatewatch, I'll be happy. Even if it's by the dumbest means possible, I've been ready to see WotC Presents: A Somehow More Boring Avengers leave the scene since the word "go".

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

It wasn't really a "racial" superiority stunt such as a "back in MY day" superiority stunt. Zendikar Rising's story was Nahiri and Nissa both contesting for control of the Lithoform core. Nahiri wanted to use it to return Zendikar to the way it was before before the Eldrazi were ever imprisoned and the plane became unstable, various empires and skyclave fortresses flourished, etc, a Zendikar without the Roil. Using the Lithoform Core would destroy the Roil, likely killing all the natural Elementals that are created by it, and according to Nissa, hurt the world.

Jace was also there trying to both sides the entire thing cause he thought they could use the Lithoform core elsewhere because Jace sucks

Nahiri's particular "back in MY day" was in fact a Kor Empire, that's what the Skyclave Fortresses and Empire was. A tyrannical global Kor Empire that Nahiri wants to recreate.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I thought it was less that and more the whole "holy poo poo we can't even have farmland because there's elementals everywhere and none of the land stays still."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

plainswalker75 posted:

Spoilers for part 5 of the story:

It's pretty drat stupid and basically a bunch of people died/were compleated for no good reason.

Maybe this bomb that blew up one island is actually strong enough to destroy the entire multiverse somehow! We can't take that chance, even if we didn't think about it until just now.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I thought it was less that and more the whole "holy poo poo we can't even have farmland because there's elementals everywhere and none of the land stays still."

I feel like her title in that set being "Nahiri, Heir of the Ancients" and her goal of restoring the world to the time of the Kor Empire is a bit of a hint that she might be looking to rebuild the Empire of the Ancients.

Especially since Nissa ultimately repaired the world without reverting that far back, undoing the damage the Eldrazi did and keeping the unique stuff that had grown since alive (which Nahiri didn't care about killing).

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Maybe this bomb that blew up one island

what.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Jiro posted:

Teferi still hasn't shown up yet storyline wise has he?

Teferi gonna wipe it all away with time
https://scryfall.com/card/bro/46/desynchronize

He's currently uhh.. preoccupied

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

even with an entire set based around the brothers war somehow people are still misunderstanding how destructive a sylex is

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
It only caused an apocalypse, no biggie

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Yeah, it just reshaped a continent, caused a 2500 years long ice age, and severed away a small cluster of planes from the rest of the multiverse, small stuff.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Just wait a turn to draw him again, cripes.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I mean yeah it's bad, but is it Magic 30th bad? i think not.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
do explosions really travel that far tho? like maybe it would have blown the base and the tree would have fell down, breaking the paths attached to it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

do explosions really travel that far tho? like maybe it would have blown the base and the tree would have fell down, breaking the paths attached to it

It’s magic. It travels as far as magic says it does.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

The tree Is literally holding the planes as fruits.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

YggdrasilTM posted:

delicious

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

YggdrasilTM posted:

Wait, like actually? Is that actual lore? Because if it is, I mean, that's cool as gently caress, because that would imply that the tree wants something to eat those fruits and poo poo out the seeds somewhere else far away that's fertile and grow a new tree...

And we actual HAVE 'Plane-eaters' in the Eldrazi, so it could actually genuinely be the plot of Magic The Gathering that like, Ravnica gets eaten up and shat out and grows up into a whole new multiverse, and to me that would be a cool as gently caress plot to actually genuinely go with.

I hope that's the big announcement. "Ixilan is currently a literal turd".

Space Friend
Dec 23, 2011

I'm wondering if Ashiok is going to make another appearance or if they just dropped that thread entirely. Ashiok literally just dropped in to taunt Elesh Norn, found out she was terrified of Elspeth, and skittered away unharmed. Considering Ashiok runs on nightmare fuel, a compleated multiverse would be something he would want to avoid. https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic-story/garden-flesh-2022-05-03

Calling it: Ashiok and Elspeth tag team for a decapitation strike in MOM.

Also, I wasn't exactly clamoring for Tyvar lore but I appreciated his moment in the sun during the ONE story line. Seems like a cool dude with cool powers.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dizz posted:

I mean yeah it's bad, but is it Magic 30th bad? i think not.

M30 was great. I really enjoy the free copies of old cards I got for my EDH decks.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I know his spirit/soul is adrift in time, and landed on an island paradise or whatever, but either he's going to be some sort of time ghost that is just going to pull an Ugin and be a Time Ghost for a while to do nothing but watch, or he's going to somehow make a new body, get back into his old one, use knowledge of the future to end Nu Phyrexia, keep the fungus tree, and launch Lukka into the nearest dwarf star because he............god does he just suck.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

M30 was great. I really enjoy the free copies of old cards I got for my EDH decks.

It's $250 a pack.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's $250 a pack.

Its free to print stuff at the libraries in my area

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also if you do office work u can probably print whatever at zero cost as well

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Jiro posted:

I know his spirit/soul is adrift in time, and landed on an island paradise or whatever, but either he's going to be some sort of time ghost that is just going to pull an Ugin and be a Time Ghost for a while to do nothing but watch, or he's going to somehow make a new body, get back into his old one, use knowledge of the future to end Nu Phyrexia, keep the fungus tree, and launch Lukka into the nearest dwarf star because he............god does he just suck.

He's at the beach resort physically, being present at the sylex explosion hosed around with his projection. It's probably Zhalfir and he'll eventually drag it out of its phased existence finally.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Jiro posted:

At least Lukka is now in a position where him loving up will actually be helpful

didn't have to take Nissa down with him though. prick

wait does that mean Teferi is Ghost Dad now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There are 10 versions of Elesh Norn O_o

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

SalTheBard posted:

There are 10 versions of Elesh Norn O_o

All will be ten

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Teferi did in fact, land on Zhalfir.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Jace is a loving mill PW, lame.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Called it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

PlasticAutomaton posted:

New story covering it https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic-story/alone
Looks like Zhalfirs coming back

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
New Jace is cool. I like that his draw ability can trigger for any graveyard

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's $250 a pack.

Except, as planned, over 70% of it was given away for free as prizes or store incentives. I didn't pay $250. Why did you?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

Except, as planned, over 70% of it was given away for free as prizes or store incentives. I didn't pay $250. Why did you?

sheesh

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Toshimo posted:

Are you aware that you're being an rear end in a top hat for no reason, while also being wrong about M30 being good? Pick a lane, I can't focus

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

It looks like they compleated Jace with a power glove and some game boy worm lights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Judgy Fucker posted:

It’s an amusing case study in how card evaluation has changed over the years, to be sure. Players in 2000 didn’t understand how powerful free spells were (unless it was Force of Will)

The black and red pitch spells from Alliances saw some use, too, if not as much as FoW.