Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Tunic, big spoilers: i got the three medallions, just like in Zelda (they’re even colored the same!) and freed the ghost fox lady who’s been reviving me the whole game when I died…who then turned around and killed me, which left me as a ghost, which kinda loving sucks since being incorporeal means my upgrades are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

The end of Superliminal hit me way harder than I expected :eyepop: Think it's just a game that I played at the exact right time in my life but I really enjoyed it's message right now. Pretty fun little series of perspective puzzles too!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

Triangle strat, if I may:
Kinda wish in cutscenes they just had the speaker’s portrait in the dialogue box. Possibly a skill issue but with the slightly washed-out aesthetics some unique sprites look kinda similar to me and I still haven’t memorized anyone’s name so I’m hitting the “who is this?” button all the time.

Also is there just, like, no choices to make re: unit development, outside which very minor stat benefit to get in which order?

Lack of portraits in text boxes is valid criticism because I feel the same way

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

movie list

1. RRR - I think this is pretty close to "what if they made a Yakuza movie"
2. Everything Everywhere All At Once - Like many of you, presume, I have spent my life writing little things here and there and having little ideas. This movie made me go "Oh, they did the thing I wanted to do, but better, and also they actually did it instead of just having it in their heads"
3. Glass Onion - A lesser Knives Out sequel is still a good movie
4. Nope - Jordan Peele's worst movie is still a good movie
5. ScreaVm - My wife fuckin loves this poo poo and I'm happy to report that this movie is good

TV list

1. Severance - Fuckin, what if labor was alienating???
2. Barry Season 3 - it's Barry
3. Kaguya-Sama Love Is War Season 3 - I'm more invested in the love lives of this student council than I've ever been in my own
4. The Resort - incredible stand-alone season of mystery TV that was doomed to fail because they put it on fuckin Peacock
5. Spy x Family - shock!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1615209866162851840?t=_RuEsGId1mx6S_ztFkk6gA&s=19

So the DC version of Avengers, with a cosmetic battle pass.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Very successful game, of course there were bound to be copycats.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is the average player sick of colored loot yet? Seems like every “AAA” release has it now

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When the gently caress does Angerfoot come out goddamnit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Barry season 3 was loving amazing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Also is there just, like, no choices to make re: unit development, outside which very minor stat benefit to get in which order?

Yep, no real character customization at all, at least not in the long term.

The materials you need to upgrade weapons are pretty limited in a fresh playthrough, though, so you will have to make some real decisions about who gets upgrades and which upgrades you prioritize. But with the game's NG+ system you can expect to eventually max out everyone if you do multiple routes, and there's no class changing system.

IMO it's for the best because it means the game has a cast of 30 completely unique characters and it's more about team composition than individual character customization.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hatty posted:

Is the average player sick of colored loot yet? Seems like every “AAA” release has it now

I dont mind it at all in Diablo and Diablo-likes, but yeah in other genres it kind of irks a little, I don't know why

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Angerfoot kicks rear end

https://youtu.be/jbVvQSZH67k

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

hatty posted:

I think for most people it's just a thing that's in games now and they don't think about it.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I don't care much about the battle pass (the sooner people come to terms with the fact that there will never again be a big budget online game without a battle pass, the better) but the fact that it seems to be a chapter-based linear game instead of a free roam Arkham game is the worst part of this to me.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hatty posted:

the dev cycle on AAA games is so long they're pushing out titles aping the success of Destiny 9 years later or whatever

I really, really appreciate the indie scene for this, they iterate so rapidly that there are often games solving design issues that are bugging me inside of a year of a popular game coming out (assuming it's something indies can replicate of course)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man. Remember chat thread bingo?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Propaganda Hour posted:

Mom said it's my turn on the gigantic transforming Switch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7LCf4nsOpI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

victrix posted:

the dev cycle on AAA games is so long they're pushing out titles aping the success of Destiny 9 years later or whatever

Colored loot was invented (or at least popularized) by WoW a lot longer ago than that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I need +0.3% circumstantial damage against enemies that have jumped while holding a knife

More randomized loot

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I need +0.3% circumstantial damage against enemies that have jumped while holding a knife

More randomized loot

ah a fan of Nioh 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Heh I started playing the stranger of paradise demo so now I get those jokes

There's a good brawler in there somewhere if it just ditched literally all the RPG stuff and didn't force me to choose between +1.3% resistance to wind damage and -1.4% magic break recovery time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you can't feel a 0.3% difference then your gaming senses need to be more finely attuned.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

Heh I started playing the stranger of paradise demo so now I get those jokes

There's a good brawler in there somewhere if it just ditched literally all the RPG stuff and didn't force me to choose between +1.3% resistance to wind damage and -1.4% magic break recovery time

I don't know why Team Ninja loves the loot thing so much when I've only ever seen complaints about it but in Stranger of Paradise I just hit the optimize equipment thing when I reached a checkpoint and then there's a setting in the options to automatically dismantle all the terrible loot you picked up at the end of the misions (I set it to dismantle anything that's the lowest rarity which is like 100+ pieces of equipment per mission)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fill me up with your trash

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

i love tie tuesdays dahir insaat vids

the earthquake bed one with "MY FAMILY" is so funny but my fav is the grocery store you drive thru instead of walking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcuC-uz3pU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't know why Team Ninja loves the loot thing so much when I've only ever seen complaints about it but in Stranger of Paradise I just hit the optimize equipment thing when I reached a checkpoint and then there's a setting in the options to automatically dismantle all the terrible loot you picked up at the end of the misions (I set it to dismantle anything that's the lowest rarity which is like 100+ pieces of equipment per mission)

peak game design is devoting engineering and art and ui and qa and localization resources to solving a problem you created

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There for people who want it, and ignorable by normal people. The perfect compromise.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I never used the auto equip in SoP because I wanted to dress my team up in cool outfits and not just wear whatever clownsuit gave me the highest item level

Naturally that also made the game more tedious and might contribute to why I didn't love it as much as some of my fellow Final Fantasy sickos did

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It deals nonzero psychic damage to me

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

There for people who want it, and ignorable by normal people. The perfect compromise.

who wants +1.3% wind resistance, show yourself

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I only move for 10% bonuses

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

victrix posted:

who wants +1.3% wind resistance, show yourself

Will it be additive or multiplicative?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would totally wear the clownsuit but I did get annoyed that my highest power head slot item was a face mask that hid Jack's scars and grimaces and probably would have made the bit where the princess points out the small cut on his jaw make even less sense

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

haveblue posted:

Colored loot was invented (or at least popularized) by WoW a lot longer ago than that
It was both invented (in its modern form) and popularized by Diablo.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

but who was the first to codify the phrases Rare,Epic, Legendary and so on?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

A Borderlands 2 character: "Whoa, epic loot!"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is all Magic the Gathering's fault.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Man. Remember chat thread bingo?

Bring it back. Bingo is what got me to stop reading and start posting.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bone emulator posted:

That was me, my bad everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

bone emulator posted:

Likely DikuMUD around 91. The internet tells me Magic apparently only introduced it in 98.