Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

this was a pretty interesting to read I think. Angband informed a lot of decisions behind Diablo and a whole bunch of other games

http://homebrewhomunculus.blogspot.com/2021/05/the-game-that-invented-epic-loot.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo 1 was already color coding gear as Normal, Magic and Unique in 1996.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

haveblue posted:

I would totally wear the clownsuit but I did get annoyed that my highest power head slot item was a face mask that hid Jack's scars and grimaces and probably would have made the bit where the princess points out the small cut on his jaw make even less sense

I just used the menu option to keep helmets from showing up in cutscenes, there’s some real dapper ones for sure but even some of the less obtrusive ones like the red mage hat can still mess things up depending on the angle of the shot.

Anyway, SoP was great imo but I wish they just let you get minute bonuses by leveling jobs instead of through loot so there’s more of an incentive to get out of your comfort zone like Final Fantasy V/Tactics.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But what DID the chat gem do?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

i love tie tuesdays dahir insaat vids

the earthquake bed one with "MY FAMILY" is so funny but my fav is the grocery store you drive thru instead of walking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcuC-uz3pU

These are fantastically horrible.

More.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnbl9CZ9tOI

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dahir Insaatworld is the world I wish to live in. Everyday we should strive to make the world harder, more inconvenient,obtuse, stranger, and less possible to live in.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

These are fantastically horrible.

More.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXTSx0RvwEM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1MPYda_KI

MY FAMILY

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
crying because I'm in the middle of pokemon and elden ring and a new fire emblem comes out on friday, too many long games 🥲

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im still in fucken xenoblade 3

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

crying because I'm in the middle of pokemon and elden ring and a new fire emblem comes out on friday, too many long games 🥲

The Age of Men is over. The Time of the Gamer has come.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
also, gamers, why did i ignore the mine thrower in re4 for so long, this gun kicks rear end

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You don't need to play every game as they come out...

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

hearing more and more people say "bring back chat thread bingo"

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I bought Yes Your Grace on Switch, probably cause it was like $1.70 at some point, then I completely forgot about it.

Holy poo poo I love this game! I think I'll check out this studio's other stuff because this game rules. And I'm touching my Switch again after like 9 months of leaving it powered off at 60% battery.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I heard they stripped back some of the social stuff for FE Engage so I'm more interested in it than before because I got real burned out on the monastery in Three Houses

I don't really like the gimmick with the older FE protagonists but idk if they're actual party members or if you just summon them for attacks or something (it'll be cool to see Micaiah/Ephraim etc but I don't really need to see Marth/Ike/Byleth again)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1615363111871217665?s=20

Absolutely ludicrous

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How much loving RAM to run it at 30fps? Excuse me?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Every Square-Enix PC port is a gamble with death.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

:hai:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

nothing said past this point can convince me this won't be the biggest gaming fumble of 2023

i guess the vanishingly tiny number of PS5 owners who happen to like open world fantasy parkour with whedon quips will be pleased but you're taking a loving bath on this thing

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I thought that was specs for Forsaken lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

FWIW a lot of recommended PC specs are total overkill these days, still wouldn't count on S-E doing a great job with the port though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

What if you want to Join the Conversation

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

stev posted:

How much loving RAM to run it at 30fps? Excuse me?

Same as the Returnal spec I think

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Heh, resolution matters not to me, the CRT gamer!!!

just kidding I'm not that cool

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
With Returnal the theory was that the game wanted an extremely large chunk of RAM to preload things into so it could pretend it was running on an ultra-fast SSD if your PC didn't have one. I have no idea if that was ever confirmed or if Forspoken is using the same trick

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Putting 30fps recommended specs on a PC game is like putting "serving size: 1 pop tart" on a pack of two pop tarts

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im still in fucken xenoblade 3

:same:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The gently caress is Forspoken if it isn't this

verbal enema posted:

I thought that was specs for Forsaken lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

The gently caress is Forspoken if it isn't this

a chola gets isekaied

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am just going to get this game for PS5. I don't think my PC can play this at a good frame rate. Keep in mind too I think those requirements are for playing the game in 4K.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is this the game with the cringe trailer that had us hooting/hollering because the narration was like "Oh excuse me like I can totally fly now??"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Is this the game with the cringe trailer that had us hooting/hollering because the narration was like "Oh excuse me like I can totally fly now??"

Yes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

talking to a freaking cuff

Edit: also this menu design is just going to be my lasting memory of the game lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I would have liked Forspoken to be good but it’s gearing up to be SE’s biggest pratfall since The Quiet Man

much as I enjoyed FFXV, it’s hard to think of an engine less suited for a high-octane action game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Volte posted:

Putting 30fps recommended specs on a PC game is like putting "serving size: 1 pop tart" on a pack of two pop tarts

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

imma buy it, i'll let y'all know if it's real pooppants gaming

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
help i'm starting to find things to like about balan wonderworld :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't know how anyone has the time/money/inclination to buy an AAA game sight unseen