Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

going Fully Mask Off in the GBS Cartoon Guy is a Pedo thread. and you absolutely hate to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

One thing I've always wondered about the recent sex crimes reckoning is how the hell have like, every rock band from the 60s-80s avoided any major scrutiny when half of them openly admit to having had sex with underage groupies including in the case of Iggy Pop putting out a song that's basically "I, Iggy Pop had sex with a 13 year old fan".

I don't listen to the radio much anymore, but for the longest time one of the more popular classic pop songs played on adult contemporary radio was Into the Night by Benny Mardones.

EDIT: It even charted twice in the 1980s.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
perhaps by saying mean words about morty, it is we, who are the problem?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

going Fully Mask Off in the GBS Cartoon Guy is a Pedo thread. and you absolutely hate to see it

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Dmitri-9 posted:

CBS used to be run by serial harasser and rapist Les Moonves. Many actresses were fired for saying no to him.

Then 30 Rock also must be delenda est, I guess

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tim Heidecker took the DSA on tour with him this summer and plays pro-choice benefits :kiddo:

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah LA comedians like Tom segura absolutely suck, if I remember correctly his main hack is laughing at mentally unwell people on his lovely podcast every episode for over a decade.

Don't forget dragging Joey Diaz out of his hole to tell more stories that never happened. Guy is the biggest boring bullshitter I keep seeing.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Tim Heidecker looked absolutely emotionally rocked when he had to speak about the Andrew Callaghan stuff last week

the worst crime that Tom Segura did was give Bert Kreischer more of a platform

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Slotducks posted:

Tim Heidecker looked absolutely emotionally rocked when he had to speak about the Andrew Callaghan stuff last week

the worst crime that Tom Segura did was give Bert Kreischer more of a platform

He also invited Andrew Tate on his show.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I tuned in to some Tom Segura web show thing for 5 minutes and him and a guest were talking about somebody and kept saying "tranny" over and over and then I turned it off. it's possible it was somehow subversive & progressive but it never got there while I was listening to it. that's my entire experience with Tom Segura

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

One thing I've always wondered about the recent sex crimes reckoning is how the hell have like, every rock band from the 60s-80s avoided any major scrutiny when half of them openly admit to having had sex with underage groupies including in the case of Iggy Pop putting out a song that's basically "I, Iggy Pop had sex with a 13 year old fan".

Feel like it's a lot of things, but mostly that at the height of a lot of those bands popularity they were young adults themselves, and that we have a general better societal understanding of groupies, grooming, etc. Also no cell phones or text messages for people to cite years after the fact.

The ones that continue to live that lifestyle get a decent amount of scrutiny, but because they're past their prime there just isn't much to boycott. You can choose not to listen to any Hendrix music because he did awful stuff to his partners, but he probably won't mind.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Caesar Saladin posted:

yeah but its like, it seems more like hating a famous person than actually hating like, domestic violence or whatever, just a weird vibe where you're enjoying the hate more than caring about the crime

Tbh this is what it's like being a victim of CSA, domestic violence, or sexual violence in general. You will hear a million times about everyone's weird JO fantasies about how they'd torture a pedophile but their actual empathy is virtually zero.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

AvesPKS posted:

Then 30 Rock also must be delenda est, I guess

30 Rock, starring noted murderer Alec Baldwin.

Youtube actually blocked me from making comments for 24 hours for pointing out that in the Meat Cat clip, noted murderer Alec Baldwin can be seen dancing in the scene, possibly in celebration of a confirmed kill. They called this "cyber bullying or harassment" even though noted murderer Alec Baldwin has way more money than me and it is literally impossibly for me to bully him by all laws of socio-economic power-dynamics.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It feels a lot less upsetting to hate someone who deserves it than to empathise with someone who deserves it, hands up 100%

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

bill burr doesn't seem racist, he just seems like he genuinely hates women.

Bill burrs entire career is this:

"I'm a horrible person, but the fact that I'm aware of it means it's okay"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Tbh this is what it's like being a victim of CSA, domestic violence, or sexual violence in general. You will hear a million times about everyone's weird JO fantasies about how they'd torture a pedophile but their actual empathy is virtually zero.

Yeah that poo poo sucks so much. People who are smug about hating the right people and never do anything kind, just scroll through social media for hours a day and virtually hang out with all their friends patting themselves on the back

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

GolfHole posted:

recast the voices of rick and morty as ray romano and brad garret

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

precision talking about nuance in teh same thread as those tweets where dude was spouting simultaneously disgusting and also painfully unfunny cringe poo poo to that 16 year old girl loving owned lol

I have no idea who you are, I can't even remember seeing you post before a few months ago, so this hate boner you have for me is just so flattering :allears:

Like doesn't it ever occur to you that by giving me so much attention you're letting me win???

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Strategic Tea posted:

I think it's simple as that no one wants to feel bad about everyone whose music they ever liked. And so, victim blaming is the most powerful force in the universe.

Modern technology has a huge part in this. It gives victims equal platforms and they can present what actually happened through texts and videos. It’s natural to want to hope that bad things about you like aren’t true. When the evidence is in your face, minds change faster.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

precision posted:

I have no idea who you are, I can't even remember seeing you post before a few months ago, so this hate boner you have for me is just so flattering :allears:

Like doesn't it ever occur to you that by giving me so much attention you're letting me win???

You suck because of posts like this:

precision posted:

Yeah that poo poo sucks so much. People who are smug about hating the right people and never do anything kind, just scroll through social media for hours a day and virtually hang out with all their friends patting themselves on the back

You don't even realize you're doing exactly what you're complaining about.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Lmao @ trying to be a forums main character who should personally know everyone

People lurk you know

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

ghostwritingduck posted:

Modern technology has a huge part in this. It gives victims equal platforms and they can present what actually happened through texts and videos. It’s natural to want to hope that bad things about you like aren’t true. When the evidence is in your face, minds change faster.

I think it's more like the 80s/90s rock bands aren't a big part of pop culture, unlike the pedophile who has 3 running shows with his name on it imo.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

GolfHole posted:

recast the voices of rick and morty as ray romano and brad garret

Adam Sandler and Gilbert Gottfried

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Gilbert's on voice and his real voice.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
New thread title: “Aw Jeez, Rick: Posting in this Thread is Just Sadistic Virtue Signaling”

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

RIP Gilbert I miss you

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

RIP Gilbert I miss you

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

RIP Gilbert I miss you

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Gilbert's on voice and his real voice.

Gilbert’s “on” voice for Morty, and his “Elderly Groucho” voice for Rick: https://youtu.be/WiAi7sCcd44

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sure is odd how some goons decided this thread was the thread to pull the "I have the moral high ground" act in, in regards to pleading for empathy towards and understanding of (checks notes) someone accused of domestic violence and who's been shown to have hosed-up pedophilic tendencies in soliciting teenagers for sex

Like I'm sure he made your favorite cartoon character in Rick Sanchez that allowed you to be smug to everyone you know on a daily basis, and I know that finding out that all this time he was just basing his hosed up cartoon characters on how hosed up he is himself just has to sting, but please do us all a favor and spare us the white knighting

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Sure is odd how some goons decided this thread was the thread to pull the "I have the moral high ground" act in, in regards to pleading for empathy towards and understanding of (checks notes) someone accused of domestic violence and who's been shown to have hosed-up pedophilic tendencies in soliciting teenagers for sex

Like I'm sure he made your favorite cartoon character in Rick Sanchez that allowed you to be smug to everyone you know on a daily basis, and I know that finding out that all this time he was just basing his hosed up cartoon characters on how hosed up he is himself just has to sting, but please do us all a favor and spare us the white knighting

yeah Im with you 100%. I hate white knights and also gas lights.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So does all this mean Steam is putting High on Life on sale or what? Because there's no way I was ever going to pay $60 for it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
love 2 lite my farts

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

All I can really say is I hope the crew behind Rick and Morty land on their feet. I never liked the show but I always loved how it looked and how weird all the alien stuff was. It took the basis of that adult comedy art style and pushed it to it's breaking point and I respect that.

It really sucks poo poo how one guy not being able to keep it in his pants or just generally being a scumfuck will domino into a bunch of people losing their jobs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

RIP Gilbert I miss you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhPG40ACd_I

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Applewhite posted:

So does all this mean Steam is putting High on Life on sale or what? Because there's no way I was ever going to pay $60 for it.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Imagine debating paying for a shooter made by a sex pest for the right amount of money. A shooter.

About 15,000 come out every year. At least 6 of them are good! Let this one sail on by friends.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
is it a boomer shooter?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Private Cumshoe posted:

is it a boomer shooter?

It's got at least 400 hours of justin roiland dialogue so I think if it was in any genre it'd be torture device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

sure okay posted:

Imagine debating paying for a shooter made by a sex pest for the right amount of money. A shooter.

About 15,000 come out every year. At least 6 of them are good! Let this one sail on by friends.

Yes but how many shooters feature the characters constantly shrieking in your ear?

E: fb