Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

That DICK! posted:

I lost my frog

329-3228

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hulkster's going to convince the Church to buy WWE for him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Can't think of two entities that deserve each other more

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Does Hulk Hogan even have enough money to get to the Xenu info dump

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

your friend wicka posted:

The legal system doesn't operate based on gotchas. His fiduciary duty is to operate in the best interests of the shareholders always, not at some arbitrary point in time. The stock price is up only in anticipation of a sale that would value the company much higher than where the stock currently is. If he doesn't go through with the sale then the stock price will almost certainly fall, thus putting him in breach of his fiduciary duties. And the same would be true if he accepts anything other than the highest offer.

sure but uh....he hasn't done either of those things yet, so I'm really not seeing how this lawsuit is going to be successful

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah condolences to scientology for the politicking they're about to experience

or maybe he won't brother

Literally my immediate thought upon seeing the Hogan Scientology tweet was "oh my God I can't wait for the Deadlock boys to cover this"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

He’s gonna put a call in to Peter Thiel again brother

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

sure but uh....he hasn't done either of those things yet, so I'm really not seeing how this lawsuit is going to be successful

You can just read the article my man:

quote:

The complaint argues that McMahon has breached fiduciary duties as controlling stockholder by trying to “impose his personal will on WWE and its [board] by purporting to adopt a package of invalid and inequitable bylaw amendments that would hamstring the Board from making critical business decisions.”

This is in reference to the "January 5th amendments," in which Vince unilaterally changed the company bylaws (which is a thing he can do as the controlling shareholder) to make it so the board cannot sign new media deals without a shareholder vote (i.e. his approval). And of course then undid that change today. Their argument is that this act alone breached his fiduciary duty to the other shareholders because he did it solely as a way to pressure the board, not because it was in the best interest of the company to be unable to negotiate their own media deals. And again, the fact that the stock went up in anticipation of a sale doesn't magically rebut any of this. Talking about the stock price or the sale price is just a simplistic way of describing what Vince's duties are, they have little to do with how the law is defined or enforced.

Y'all need to work for more companies that "accidentally" sold poo poo to Iran and then were forced to make all their employees take insane financial law/export compliance training every god drat year.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I know a bunch of funny stuff has happened since we were talking about Young Rock, but with how WWE has buried the existence of Chyna I'm surprised she's featured that heavily. In a few episodes, are we going to see the debut of all four Radicalz, including Beniot?

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Good luck to the Hulkster on going clear

Fingerpoke of Doom going to be retconned into Hogan auditing Nash's body thetans.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

I'm reasonably sure that is not how any of this works? The Oklahoma Firefighters' Pension & Retirement System has a net worth of around three billion dollars and according to its reports has that spread around to a lot of different stocks/investment instruments. It looks like the vast majority of the "stock" they they hold, like $500M worth, is in Index Funds/investment funds, which is how most people's investment accounts work. These investment funds own the majority of WWE stock

it is how they work. cop unions are overexposed wwe, anheuser busch, and the parent company of oberto beef jerky.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

He got a big chunk of change from the Gawker lawsuit backed by Peter Thiel, IIRC.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maigius posted:

I know a bunch of funny stuff has happened since we were talking about Young Rock, but with how WWE has buried the existence of Chyna I'm surprised she's featured that heavily. In a few episodes, are we going to see the debut of all four Radicalz, including Beniot?

They've been featuring Chyna more lately (i.e. the HoF, Mattel Action Figure, and the WWE Game)

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Let me tell you about the time Hulkamania ran wild as the Hulkster bodyslammed Xenu into a volcano in front of 2 billion cheering Scientologists, brother

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

if that guy was that good at his job tony should grab him up like he did the former production guy

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

That DICK! posted:

he rejected retirement and is resisting a rest

lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

if that guy was that good at his job tony should grab him up like he did the former production guy

For AEW all you need to do is find someone to put Tony and Dax's phones in Airplane Mode and call it a day.

whoscookinbacon
Apr 4, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

Literally my immediate thought upon seeing the Hogan Scientology tweet was "oh my God I can't wait for the Deadlock boys to cover this"

I was thinking, "Hmmmm, would Beck do a remake of 'Real American', and where would it land on the irony/sincerity index?"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

For AEW all you need to do is find someone to put Tony and Dax's phones in Airplane Mode and call it a day.

lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Hulk Hogan telling all his little Hulkamaniacs to get their thetan levels checked is too perfect.

It’s been said above, but Scientology and Hulk Hogan deserve each other.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

AEW should not hire someone who would threaten the existence of Tony cokeposting or ennerdaining media scrums.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The posts must flow

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BGrifter posted:

Hulk Hogan telling all his little Hulkamaniacs to get their thetan levels checked is too perfect.

It’s been said above, but Scientology and Hulk Hogan deserve each other.

When Hulk said to take your vitamins he was talking about the L Ron Hubbard Detox method.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is that how they refer to peacock at wwe? As the wwe network lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Is that how they refer to peacock at wwe? As the wwe network lol

They still operate the network outside the US I believe, it’s only in the US that it was folded into Peacock

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
WELL LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN’ ABOUT PSYCHIATRISTS, BROTHER

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And that's when, in front of millions of screaming Hulkamaniacs brother, I picked up the 900 pound Xenu and bodyslammed him into the volcano!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thetans in Paradise

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Am I loving going clear?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I AM A REAL AMERICAN
LET ME CLEAR YOU OF ALL THETANS

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hubbardan Commando

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
3 Ninjas Child Groom at Xenu Mountain

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't get like the last five references but you're dunking on hulk hogan and scientology both so i'm clapping from the front row and high fiving you as you make your entrance

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

I didn't get like the last five references but you're dunking on hulk hogan and scientology both so i'm clapping from the front row and high fiving you as you make your entrance

get this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lid posted:

3 Ninjas Child Groom at Xenu Mountain

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1615497833028718594

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

get this

I hope it's a good update because that disease in dogs seems real sad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Thank you Tony I will stay tuned to AEW Dynamite and AEW Rampage!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

keithy george posted:

If you looked like Stone Cold Steve Austin you'd be doing better things with your life than waiting around for a 30 second cameo in a vanity project sitcom.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't look like Stone Cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Me 6 months from now:

quote:

The IC title match between Walter and Eddie Kingston loving ruled and the US title match between Nak and Hangman kicked rear end too, but I’m getting kind of sick of WWE titles being showcased on Dynamite