Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i can genuinely only imagine a situation where the upper management on the forspoken team is a bunch of micromanaging assholes with no one telling them "no" for the UI to look that bad

like, a normal team of developers would have to have at least one person telling them, "maybe you should be able to view the entire talent tree at once like you're not looking through a fishbowl," right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's gonna come out and be fine and maybe even be on some sad goons' goty list

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Vermain posted:

i can genuinely only imagine a situation where the upper management on the forspoken team is a bunch of micromanaging assholes with no one telling them "no" for the UI to look that bad

like, a normal team of developers would have to have at least one person telling them, "maybe you should be able to view the entire talent tree at once like you're not looking through a fishbowl," right

There's probably hundreds of suggestions on their UI marked "won't fix" in their Jira or whatever they're using

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It's gonna come out and be fine and maybe even be on some sad goons' goty list

sure, but it's an amusing bit of trainspotting to watch all of these games with a lost hoard of aztec gold for a budget thinking that people really want to look at their sphere grid through a periscope for 50+ hours

it's like how callisto protocol has long, separate animations for every single upgrade on the talent trees for every weapon in a game and every single purchase you make, including packs of bullets (which you can only make singular purchases of), which is so obscenely opulent and useless that you gotta wonder what the hell was going on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vermain posted:

sure, but it's an amusing bit of trainspotting to watch all of these games with a lost hoard of aztec gold for a budget thinking that people really want to look at their sphere grid through a periscope for 50+ hours

it's like how callisto protocol has long, separate animations for every single upgrade on the talent trees for every weapon in a game and every single purchase you make, including packs of bullets (which you can only make singular purchases of), which is so obscenely opulent and useless that you gotta wonder what the hell was going on

15 hour a day 7 day weeks was what was going on

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AAAA

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
is forspoken actually in that budget tier? it certainly doesn't show in the graphics, and the engine isn't new either

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Yo I love video games and wish I wad playing them right now tiA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yo I love video games and wish I wad playing them right now tiA

Oh yeah as someone who is gaming atm it’s pretty sweet, hope you get a chance to soon!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I seriously doubt it

actually despite dunking on SEs management decisions (seriously gently caress off with attempt #2 at "NFTs are great, actually") they've actually released a fair number of experimental games over the last few years - most didn't make much of a splash so I don't see a lot of talk about them (that card game, the ultra minimalist dungeon crawler, weirdo Stardew, hell even the tactics ogre remake surprised me)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Post FFXV Square kicks rear end, maybe not as good as 1998 Square-EA or whatever, but they are putting out all sorts of games and experimenting all over the place. it's cool to watch them work out a decade size creative clog in real time, and they have a lot of stuff in 2023 that i'm looking forward to.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lol keep playing.

I'm not really a postgame content kinda guy. People hyped up the side missions too but aside from the stamps one at the amusement park none of the others I did had much going on.

I tried fishing a couple times. Couldn't figure it out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They hosed over my guys at the Hitman studio

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I'm not really a postgame content kinda guy. People hyped up the side missions too but aside from the stamps one at the amusement park none of the others I did had much going on.

no im serious op, you're killing me here

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

They hosed over my guys at the Hitman studio

Did they gently caress them over, or did they give them a chance at an amazing comeback story? Think on that

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I'm not really a postgame content kinda guy.

I don’t know if this is a bit, but you’re like 1/4 of the way into the game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gripweed posted:

Its not postgame, its midgame content

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

The E stands for excellent, you did a great job!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oxxidation posted:

I don’t know if this is a bit, but you’re like 1/4 of the way into the game

Oh. I've played another game that did that, had the credits roll well before the game was actually over. I can't recall what it was. MGSV?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gripweed posted:

lol and also figure it out

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah nier is one of those games where you see credits but the game keeps going. and then you'll see credits like 3 more times

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i want one :c

https://twitter.com/AceBurrito/status/1615156973020020736?s=20

also just started playing neir again cuz i wanted to dick around and i forgot my save file was sacrificed lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gripweed, you can quit at any time. The game doesn't change, if you arent having fun now you won't be having fun later.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Barudak posted:

Gripweed, you can quit at any time. The game doesn't change, if you arent having fun now you won't be having fun later.

you shut up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barudak posted:

fail

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Barudak posted:

I enjoyed the game. I had some criticisms, the lack of personality in the bosses and the amount of time spent in the hub world compared to the proper levels, but I still enjoyed the game.

I forgot to mention that I found the plot resolution rather underwhelming, but I guess that's because I hadn't properly beaten the game yet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gripweed posted:

I enjoyed the game. I had some criticisms, the lack of personality in the bosses and the amount of time spent in the hub world compared to the proper levels, but I still enjoyed the game.

I forgot to mention that I found the plot resolution rather underwhelming, but I guess that's because I hadn't properly beaten the game yet.

You have to play and beat the game like 5 or 6 times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tearing out my hair here

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nah just once more then a completely new third route with three different endings

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't think I liked it that much. I'll get to the proper end, but I don't replay games very often.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive got all achievements and all trophies in Nier Automata and its honestly a pretty middling game. I wouldn't make yourself keep playing if your reaction to "the ending feels incomplete" is to just stop playing even with people yelling at you thats not the actual end of the game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Gripweed posted:

I don't think I liked it that much. I'll get to the proper end, but I don't replay games very often.

Mr Hootington posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Barudak posted:

Ive got all achievements and all trophies in Nier Automata

lmfao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Barudak posted:

Ive got all achievements and all trophies in Nier Automata and its honestly a pretty middling game. I wouldn't make yourself keep playing if your reaction to "the ending feels incomplete" is to just stop playing even with people yelling at you thats not the actual end of the game.

Dude, I have other stuff going on. I played the game for like an hour today to get to the first credits. The fact that I didn't immediately drop everything to go spend more time on the game when I found out that there's more after the credits doesn't mean I didn't like the game, it just means I am a person who has to do things other than gaming and I already spent a decent chunk of time today gaming.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

The new routes aren’t replays they are completely different things. Nier Automata is GOAT-level and route A is barely scratching the surface

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Yes and you also beat Bloodborne in 14 hours right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Escobarbarian posted:

The new routes aren’t replays they are completely different things. Nier Automata is GOAT-level and route A is barely scratching the surface

Wait, so there isn't more after the credits, beating it once just unlocks other routes?

Why the gently caress didn't you people just say that instead of being weirdly cryptic for no reason?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Yes and you also beat Bloodborne in 14 hours right?

We established, I was wrong its 16 hours.

Also you can literally buy the achievements in Automata, its not hard to get them all. I didn't do all the sidequests for sure.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DAMAGE CONTROL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Wait, so there isn't more after the credits, beating it once just unlocks other routes?

Why the gently caress didn't you people just say that instead of being weirdly cryptic for no reason?

It's both technically