Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.

owl_pellet posted:

if you get a Dremel also buy (and wear!) safety glasses

Jumping on the pro-Dremel bandwagon. They are great for apartment dwellers or any situation where you can't/don't have access to real power tools. Re: eye safety, I once used a dremel without goggles and embedded a piece of metal into my eyebrow. Got lucky that the scar can't be seen and super lucky that I didn't lose vision in an eye.

Edit- I always wear one of these now: https://www.amazon.com/Sellstrom-S30110-Aluminum-Polycarbonate-Headgear/dp/B005I4GCP0/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Everett False posted:

I bought this pillow and immediately after seeing it my stepdad also bought a pillow.

holy poo poo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Ingenious. No more Saturday Night Wrist (although this actually hasn't been a problem for me in a while).

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Are those like, good for your back because that’s how I sleep

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

You can lay on your arm, but it's supported by the pillow canal so your arm doesn't fall asleep presumably

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

That’s one high incline. Where is the pillow thread? I need a new pillow.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I like the idea of an arm hole but that's definitely way too high for me

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone just cut a hole in George Clooney’s sex pillow from that movie.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Batman and Robin.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Decided to order actual Weather Tech floor mats for my Corolla, and that means I'm old now because I'm genuinely excited.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Oh man my Subaru came with them, it is so nice.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Aramek posted:

Decided to order actual Weather Tech floor mats for my Corolla, and that means I'm old now because I'm genuinely excited.

They're so good. Always a day 1 buy for any new vehicle I purchase.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Speaking of Subarus, a new rear windshield wiper:

The rubber tore off my current one. And it was a decent brand! A Rain-X, less than 6 months old. Probably could file a warranty claim, or something, but I have no receipt or anything.

So I'm cheaping out this time around.

Edit: Also agreed on Weathertech. First thing I got my my Crosstrek, as well. It came with a rubber mat in the trunk/hatch area, so just needed passenger, driver, and back seat floor mats. Was less than I thought it would be, under $150, IIRC.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I sleep in a big bed with Mike Pillow

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i got a bonus before thanksgiving and decided to do something i always wanted to do and commissioned a plush toy(like normal super detailed one, not creepy gently caress one) and it finally arrived in the mail yesteday.

its stolas from helluva boss. https://twitter.com/Natalia_Moonkin this artist made him. i commisoned a few other from different artists but they wont be arrive until next month or so at least.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It's still creepy tho

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I like your OC plushes, and I’m glad you’re supporting artists

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

I like your OC plushes, and I’m glad you’re supporting artists

its not an OC. its just a character i like. idk i thought the offcial one was lovely so i wanted a nice one.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

That character is somebody’s OC !!!! :qq:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

NewFatMike posted:

That character is somebody’s OC !!!! :qq:

i mean yeah, good point.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i got a bonus before thanksgiving and decided to do something i always wanted to do and commissioned a plush toy(like normal super detailed one, not creepy gently caress one) and it finally arrived in the mail yesteday.

its stolas from helluva boss. https://twitter.com/Natalia_Moonkin this artist made him. i commisoned a few other from different artists but they wont be arrive until next month or so at least.

Like, it’s super cool, but yeah, it is still creepy as gently caress. It is awesome though.

Edit: the lighting in the pic certainly doesn’t help.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Doom Rooster posted:

Like, it’s super cool, but yeah, it is still creepy as gently caress. It is awesome though.

Edit: the lighting in the pic certainly doesn’t help.

Yeah sorry, i have other pictures of it that have less lovely desk lighting. Sorry about that

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Rolo posted:

Are those like, good for your back because that’s how I sleep

idk about my back, but I'm supposed to sleep on my left side or with a wedge because I get acid reflux. However trying to sidesleep on a normal wedge is madness, and I kept sleeping wrong on my shoulder and loving up my neck. Since the ~Medcline™™™~ is meant to treat acid reflux and shoulder problems you can pay for it with an HSA/FSA, but I don't have one of those so I paid a stupid amount out of pocket after spending three months trying and failing to find a decent bootleg. I also bought the full 'system' that includes a fuckoff huge body pillow that looks like you're snuggling inside of Clippy. I have not yet made a custom pillowcase in grey with googly eyes but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Unfortunately it looks like absolute dogshit on a bed. When I throw the duvet over it, it looks like I set up a decoy to pretend I was sick and sneak out of the house. Getting ready for bed is like entombing myself. Between the pillows and the combination sleep mask/bluetooth headphones it feels like I'm getting into a pod, possibly to enter the metaverse or pilot a mech. Whenever I cover it with my old pillows to protect it from cats, my spouse refers to it as 'sealing the sarcophagus'.

I regret to say that it works great and I don't think I can ever go back to sleeping like a normal person. :(

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

nice congrats, and also condolences im so sorry

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Aramek posted:

The owner’s apparently a big ol chud but they’re good products. I’m debating getting some for our Audi as the rear row doesn’t have the little anchor pegs so the rubber mats it came with slide around all over the place. If they have a single solid piece that can just go over the entire back floor I may go for that as the baby is messy as hell.

Edit: They don’t. It’s possible they may work if they’re rigid enough and take up all available space so they can’t slide but holy hell the lack of those anchor points annoys the poo poo out of me.

Warbird has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Jan 20, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I think the ones from https://3dmatsusa.com look better. So that's what I have.

DangerousSmells
Jan 3, 2021
I always buy Weathertech mats for a new car, but some don’t fit as well as others. On my ‘21 Civic there’s a pretty decent gap that makes me wish I would have shopped around for something that fits better.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Subaru rules because they all have OEM rubber mat options. Even my STi came with them.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

withak posted:

Someone just cut a hole in George Clooney’s sex pillow from that movie.

Rolo posted:

Batman and Robin.

Excuse me, his name is Chris O’Donnell

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Rolo posted:

Subaru rules because they all have OEM rubber mat options. Even my STi came with them.

I got factory all weather mats when we bought our accord and I wish I would have just bought weathertech or similar instead. They slide around like crazy in the back seat.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I just wanted to weigh in on Dremel chat, I bought my corded pro model in 1999 and I still use it.

Lowe's and Home Despot have a great kit of miscellaneous bits that's like $40 and includes the lacy, pillowy sanding cushion thingies, and the EZ lock shaft thingy, which those two things alone are like $40 already.

Not this, but like this:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Dremel-160-Piece-Aluminum-Oxide-Set-Multipurpose-Accessory-Kit/1000035537

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Anyone use theirs as a router? I see their are attachments for it but does it really work well at all?

I’d like to bevel the edges on a 2x4

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s not going to be as fast as a a real router because of the size of the motor but should work for small jobs.

For a little money you could always get something like this (which is what I use for small routing jobs). This pack includes a sander too which is alway useful if you don’t have one.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-5-5-Amp-Corded-Fixed-Base-Trim-Router-with-2-4-Amp-Corded-1-4-Sheet-Sander-R24011/202488411

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

I definitely like the dense rubber in my Outback's cargo area liner more than the harder plastic of the Weatherbeater mats I picked up for the seats... I think I hosed up not buying the factory mats for the rest of the car, though the Weatherbeaters have held up great, and I do like that they're a big tray with high sidewalls.

For content, I recently put together a new keyboard which has been an absolute joy to type on:

I always thought the keyboard asmr thing was totally overblown, but the dampening foam in this thing just makes such a satisfying thock as I type that I kinda get it now. Plus I made a little black/white nyan cat logo for the screen that moves around as you switch layers :3:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Svalbard rubles. In 1993 Russia started to mint their own currency for use in their mining cities on Svalbard. Since Svalbard is owned by Norway our government deemed the rubles illegal, confiscated them and melted them down. An unknown number of rubles did not get confiscated. It's also one of the few currencies with a polar bear on them

Mithridates VI Eupator chalkos. The guy who waged war against the romans and is most known today for trying to develop an immunity to being poisoned by eating a little bit of poison every day. Ironically when all was lost he tried to commit suicide by poisoning but failed and was killed by his enemies.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Alhazred posted:

Mithridates VI Eupator chalkos. The guy who waged war against the romans and is most known today for trying to develop an immunity to being poisoned by eating a little bit of poison every day. Ironically when all was lost he tried to commit suicide by poisoning but failed and was killed by his enemies.

Awesome lol get wrecked

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Alhazred posted:

Svalbard rubles. In 1993 Russia started to mint their own currency for use in their mining cities on Svalbard. Since Svalbard is owned by Norway our government deemed the rubles illegal, confiscated them and melted them down. An unknown number of rubles did not get confiscated. It's also one of the few currencies with a polar bear on them

What's the historical significance of that last one

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Bottom Liner posted:

What's the historical significance of that last one

“First off, gently caress your bitch and the click you claim
Westside when we ride come equipped with game
You claim to be a player but I hosed your wife”

poo poo seems historic to me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
No I mean the little plastic doll

i'm making a joke about the plastic pop figure vs the historical coins. the fact that its commemorating 2pac makes it better/worse \/

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Jan 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

2Pacalypse Now seems pretty historical significant to me.