Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

mods, please change the thread title to Imp Zone Game Club [Freedom Force - ends 2/1/23 11:59PM EST]

Good luck imps!
\ FOR FREEDOM!

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stux posted:

here, gog veriosn w/o having to deal with the multiup links

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rm-yIu-_5q2Qo8_QQUf6R52JoBsB8Vmv

thank you

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

here, gog veriosn w/o having to deal with the multiup links

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rm-yIu-_5q2Qo8_QQUf6R52JoBsB8Vmv

sick

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

: Beat the game

God-tier game overall. The last boss was annoying because of the gimmick and took me way longer than it probably should have. I assume the sequel is gonna explain a little more what the gently caress is going on, based on the post-credits scene it looks like it'll be epic

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

update on that gog version. it goes to a black screen and then crashes, there's a reason no one picks this era of pc game for gameclub larry..

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

update on that gog version. it goes to a black screen and then crashes, there's a reason no one picks this era of pc game for gameclub larry..

saw some people saying that can be fixed by running it in a window (-w) or using dgVoodoo2 http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

why dont you have an early 2000s pc on hand

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

saw some people saying that can be fixed by running it in a window (-w) or using dgVoodoo2 http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/

quote:

You need the 3Dfx splash dlls for Glide if you want 3Dfx splash screen or watermark (shameless plug) through dgVoodoo.
3DfxSplashDlls.zip 

You may also need D3DRM.dll (Direct3D Retained mode) for some games and demos.
It's not part of the OS since Windows Vista.
D3DRM.zip 

You may also need the external D3D compiler dll for Glide if you are not on Windows 10 and using a dgVoodoo version earlier than 2.73
D3DCompiler_47

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

why dont you have an early 2000s pc on hand

its in storage. i use a win98 virtual machine for games that really give me problems but thats normally my last resort

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i worked out dgvoodoo but now i have to play with a watermark in the bottom right which seems very obnoxious by the dev

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I’m simply playing on original hardware.

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh i found out how to remove the watermark, its a setting under the directx tab

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol jesus yeah that explanation sucks

download that zip, go into the /MS/x86 folder, and copy all four .dll files to the game directory, that should be it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I.M.P.O.K. He's a work in progress

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 24, 2023

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

you're forgetting how much worse it was even back then. god help you if you had a combination of hardware that straight up just caused certain games to not work

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i changed my resolution and now i dont have sound

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

i changed my resolution and now i dont have sound

yeah that's been a bug forever lol. you have to choose your sound driver again whenever you change res. no loving idea why

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

----------------

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

yeah that's been a bug forever lol. you have to choose your sound driver again whenever you change res. no loving idea why

lmfao, the first badge should be getting this game running correctly. i disabled the watermark and it still shows btw, if that dgvoodoo dev is found dead tomorrow i wont even care

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmfao, the first badge should be getting this game running correctly. i disabled the watermark and it still shows btw, if that dgvoodoo dev is found dead tomorrow i wont even care

lol. you got this bro

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

American McGay posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sub-Actuality posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im about to hex edit the game so i can have widescreen instead of stretched 4:3, and then i am going to murder larry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The human eye can't see beyond 4:3 anyway.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I used the Steam version with that GOG exe I linked earlier and the “-w” launch option for windowed mode and it runs fine, albeit in 4:3. I’m too lazy to fiddle around with it further.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heres the widescreen patch i literally just made after reading a guide i googled https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KZAf8QsLEe2wrdOInQw8e1ykjEe4an6x/view?usp=sharing it seems to make the cutscenes weird but whatever

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

also its for 16:9. if you want another aspect ration gently caress you, heres the guide https://www.wsgf.org/dr/freedom-force

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

heres the widescreen patch i literally just made after reading a guide i googled https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KZAf8QsLEe2wrdOInQw8e1ykjEe4an6x/view?usp=sharing it seems to make the cutscenes weird but whatever

tyvm

----------------

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

thanks for troubleshooting tips so far all, very helpful

I edited the .conf file directly and there were two separate watermark settings. I set them both to false and the watermark is gone for me. good luck

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

thanks for troubleshooting tips so far all, very helpful

I edited the .conf file directly and there were two separate watermark settings. I set them both to false and the watermark is gone for me. good luck

i worked ouit rather than copying from thje folders, if i set the game directory it works. so im finally set up with no watermarks and can game after i eat dinner

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

learning nifskope to add models to this game I'll play for a few days max

I think it's easier to just paint over the uv maps and hope for the best

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

So far I have clobbered the first woman I tried to save with a street light, sending her up into a fire escape and destroying it, and then thrown a car hitting the second one. My prestige ain't doing well. This game is fun so far, looking forward to playing more

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

suddenly realising you have to actually model and texture the custom character and its not moving a bunch of sliders, yeah i'll be right lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

after all this setup, not really feeling this game off the bat. i'll give it a bit more of a run, but unless it really mixes up the formula its not for me and ill have to kill larry unfortunately

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

loving hell, I picked something that I specifically remember not making you do a bunch of PC gamer bullshit to run well when I played it years ago, wonder if it's a modern Windows issue. Probably should have tested it myself before picking it, apologies!

If enough people are having issues that nobody can be bothered setting it up I'm happy to forfeit my pick and go into the shame cave rather than leave it on two weeks with a game only three people can play, I'll leave that decision to Sub

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Jan 18, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

loving hell, I picked something that I specifically remember not making you do a bunch of PC gamer bullshit to run well when I played it years ago, wonder if it's a modern Windows issue. Probably should have tested it myself before picking it, apologies!

well now that stux has hosted the gog version, sub actuality has linked the wrapper, arch nemesis explained modifying the .conf file for said wrapper, and i made a widescreen patch, it's running quite smooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well now that stux has hosted the gog version, sub actuality has linked the wrapper, arch nemesis explained modifying the .conf file for said wrapper, and i made a widescreen patch, it's running quite smooth

Definitely more fiddling than I intended to force on anyone who doesn't share my early 00s PC gamer brain disease, but guess that's not too bad now. I will not bother making a widescreen patch and will just play it windowed unless that causes all the cutscenes to be upside down or deletes the save button or something

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 18, 2023