Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

listening to old shows, Travis seemed to have a much better filter back then and actually picked his spots pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Travis, a creature of Internet, has evolved with the times.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
His turn on The Flop House was a real mixed bag because picked a fun movie and had poo poo to say about it but he kept utterly derailing things in a way that didn't suit the show at all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

His turn on The Flop House was a real mixed bag because picked a fun movie and had poo poo to say about it but he kept utterly derailing things in a way that didn't suit the show at all.

DAN

DAN

HEY DAN

DAN

DAN

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I know the Flophouse isn't massively liked here because of the adverts and Elliots voice but I enjoy both it and the McElroy stuff however Travis really didn't cover himself in glory when they had him on, he seemed pretty wasted and nervous but also slightly aggressive, not the best combination. Justin and Griffin's appearances were both a lot better.

I actually really liked the swap they did with the Flophouse and Adventure Zone that one year (the three brothers insisting on the Flophouse ep that Clint describing a character as like a "sexy Velma" was redundant because Velma is sexy cracked me up, the boys very much have a type it seems) and the times they've had Stuart Wellington on various things for D&D stuff as well.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
The flophouse is fun but I haven't listened for a few years for whatever reason. I remember the Cats episode being absolutely amazing though.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

It's a show I have a lot of affection for that works largely because of the hosts' friendship and the wrong guest can utterly bone it. Travis was one, John Hodgman (who I LIKE) was bloody awful on it.

And yeah the adventure zone/flop house crossover was great, the Tres Horny Boys reviewing the lovely Leprechaun reboot was very enjoyable. Especially Griffin's frustration at how the cabin is set up and singing "that's not how locks work / they go on the inside of doors"

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Justin’s commitment to trying to become the world’s most knowledgeable person on the film Monkey Bone by sheer volume of watching it 6 times in preparation for Blank Check made me appreciate him so much.

Travis can’t even be bothered to watch Avatar but we all know he secretly has but pretends to not in his desperate attempt to seem cool.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Flophouse podcast is pretty good. Elliot doesn't sing that much.

The fans will do deep dives on your socials and harass you across the Internet if you don't groupthink just so, though. Standard MaxFun procedure.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The fans will do deep dives on your socials and harass you across the Internet if you don't groupthink just so, though. Standard MaxFun procedure.

this sounds like a you thing

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

this sounds like a you thing

You seem pretty into this. Perhaps don't be.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

QuoProQuid posted:

Avatar 2 is pretty great and these boys continue to have an awful taste in all media

Haven't heard the McElory's opinions on it yet, but Avatar 2 is a borderline Hallmark movie with a bigger budget. Plot continues to be really dull and the whiplash between the movie presenting the big blue cat people as loving and coexistant with nature is hard to reconcile with how almost every character is mass murdering goons by the end of it. In self defense, but still. Neat visuals, but nothing to grab onto, at least imo.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

jeeves posted:

Justin’s commitment to trying to become the world’s most knowledgeable person on the film Monkey Bone by sheer volume of watching it 6 times in preparation for Blank Check made me appreciate him so much.

Correction: Seven times. Justin is such a great guest on the show, such a contrast to Travis.

At the same time, as much as it pains me to agree with something Travis apparently said, I have no plans to see Avatar 2 myself. I saw the first one and that was quite enough of that.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
It’s not that Travis may be right about something much like a broken clock could be, it’s that he has so obviously secretly seen it and is just poser-ing about having not.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As a parent to a very active and fussy 10-month old, taking a solo day to eat an edible, go to an airsoft range, and sit in an empty theater for 3 1/2 hours sounds like absolute heaven. And I'm not even an edibles guy!

Also I know this could be said about a sizeable percentage of the questions that get read on this show, but why do you need to write in to a podcast to determine where to eat your eggs? Just eat the drat things wherever you want, no one is going to notice or remember that you ate them after 24 hours!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

C-Euro posted:

taking a solo day ... sounds like absolute heaven
that opening is possibly the happiest I have ever heard Justin sound

C-Euro posted:

why do you need to write in to a podcast to determine where to eat your eggs
it's either this or more Munch Squad, gotta take what you can get

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sivart13 posted:

that opening is possibly the happiest I have ever heard Justin sound

I agree. Lots of kids, lots of podcasts, lots of Monkeybone watching. Really sucks the life out of you, apparently.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Haven't heard the McElory's opinions on it yet, but Avatar 2 is a borderline Hallmark movie with a bigger budget. Plot continues to be really dull and the whiplash between the movie presenting the big blue cat people as loving and coexistant with nature is hard to reconcile with how almost every character is mass murdering goons by the end of it. In self defense, but still. Neat visuals, but nothing to grab onto, at least imo.

I only saw the first one when it first came out, but I remember a scene where the humans were retreating in terror and the cat people used their space rhinos to trample them and it was treated as some big triumph.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Sankara posted:

lots of Monkeybone watching
he didn't sound so bad on that Blank Check ep either, I truly think the monkeybone binge gave him strength

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if the climax of steeplechase isn't "break into the cryogenic vault where they keep Walt Disney's head" then I don't know what they're doing

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah I know the Flophouse isn't massively liked here because of the adverts and Elliots voice

God drat it, I had forgotten. You made me remember you monster.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Yeah, that was rough to get over. I listened to Balance via downloaded episodes (bad data plan at the time). I was not excited to listen to guys talk about boners and sing long annoying songs like this one.

I did give the show a chance and I do like it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rudy Giuliani's canon death revealed today in TAZ

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

"I'm non-binary
and non-non-horny"

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

That old flophouse ad made me think that podcast was going to be obnoxiously silly and over the top but the handful of episodes I’ve tried to listen to have been very subdued and honestly kind of boring. Maybe I’m just picking the wrong ones

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

That old flophouse ad made me think that podcast was going to be obnoxiously silly and over the top but the handful of episodes I’ve tried to listen to have been very subdued and honestly kind of boring. Maybe I’m just picking the wrong ones

Listen to the Foodfight one

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The only ad that is painful to accidentally not skip is the game show one with the lady from Joe Pera’s show who’s entire bit is that she sounds like she is on the verge of tears constantly and the loving other dude that sounds like he wants so desperately to be Eyore.

The latter is so grating that it almost makes the former bearable, but by their powers combined holy poo poo does it make my ears bleed

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

jeeves posted:

The only ad that is painful to accidentally not skip is the game show one with the lady from Joe Pera’s show who’s entire bit is that she sounds like she is on the verge of tears constantly and the loving other dude that sounds like he wants so desperately to be Eyore.

The latter is so grating that it almost makes the former bearable, but by their powers combined holy poo poo does it make my ears bleed

I listened to a few of those in early Covid when I was trying to keep myself busy. Honestly pretty funny

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Justin bringing the cum this episode. I think he’s my favorite DM of the bunch now.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Ariong posted:

Listen to the Foodfight one

And the Oogieloves one.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

JOSEPH SAMOAN posted:

It depends on the movie, the Foodfight/the Oogieloves/Cats episodes are unhinged but others, like their earnest best-of-the-year breakdowns, are really tame (maybe I'm weird in that I like both sides, I appreciated their breakdowns of why Tar deserved the number 1 spot last year)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

listen to the perfect first-timer introduction episode, The Peach Pit After Dark

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

These dating show intros are loving KILLING me. Reminds me a little of a Homestar Runner sketch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
anyone else surfing the vibe yet?

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Shinjobi posted:

anyone else surfing the vibe yet?

The boys' playing Sea of Thieves the last few weeks got me back into playing that game, does that count?

They added so much stuff to do in that game, it's a bit overwhelming!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's not the tagline :mad:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"The average person has 12 subscriptions" there's no way that's true.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That's extremely easy to believe. Everything is a subscription these days.

Off the top of my head, I have HBO max, Disney+, spotify, final fantasy 14, xbox game pass, hulu, amazon prime, and a number I only get for a month or two at a time. Oh, and my cell phone service.

There's so many more someone might need, too, like Adobe products, Microsoft Office, Ring or similar security service, or one of various cloud storage services. It's extremely easy to get to a dozen.

edit: unless you meant that it's probably too low in which case, yeah absolutely.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 22, 2023

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
In the future you will own nothing and be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

jeeves posted: