Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My typlical routine

If im home in time
Teq
dailies
Leyline

Then if i feel i do a frog
TD
AB
Aetherblade meta.

Sometimes ill just do some drizzlecoast if there is a south map going.

Days off work i do a whole off i do similar, just with a whole lot more afking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Hello Sailor posted:

You might consider grabbing the World Boss Portal Device from the gem store. It's a free teleport to whichever world boss events are about to start, so there's always a thing to do.

It's on the list, along with copper-fed and some other stuff once I've secured the gems to nab all the LW during the next sale. I'm fine with eating the silver to port to events and stuff. Mostly I just want to find out things (like clicking on the tag to join a non-LFG meta) that drastically ramp up money and fun that existed all along but require one bit of information to access.

whydirt posted:

Here's a list of daily stuff organized by minmaxing nerds: https://fast.farming-community.eu/farming/daily

Thanks!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Hello Sailor posted:

You might consider grabbing the World Boss Portal Device from the gem store. It's a free teleport to whichever world boss events are about to start, so there's always a thing to do.

I think that's a waste of a inventory spot and gems compared to just having a webpage open with event timers, I also feel like most core world bosses are bad gold for the time investments, marionette or teq on reset, the leyline anomaly for a coin, hot metas and treasure mushrooms, dragonstorm, grothmar metas are all pretty good gold return for the time investment and most have a rare drop for mega gold or ascended items.

If you really want to min/max the world boss route in one continuous go, on reset you go marionette > leyline > hot metas > grothmar ooze > dragonstorm > aetherblade meta > VB matriarch > pinata > and later doomlore and teq.

And if you can fit in Soo-won for the 12g+ of stuff, go for it.

But in the end remember that trying to do every once a day thing will probably take up the actual entire day to do, so just go for the ones with the highest return to time spent like fractals, strikes, raids, big payout world bosses, home instance and guildhall farming, divine envelopes from the DR merchant and the guildhall trader.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 18, 2023

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
My daily ritual is Pinata -> TD -> AB -> DBS -> Daily Strikes -> loaf around until public DS or hope a commander is doing private DS

Occasionally I'll do a DE but it's too time-consuming for a chance that the map isn't being brain-dead and won't waste an hour of your life.

Afterwards, I open my daily chests and harvests, open and salvage my gear, and exchange mats to the Quastor at DWC.

I'm basically just farming infusions and pulling in gold on the side. Waiting for Pinata can net you more gold if you fish with scorpion bait over to the west and hope you get some whale vomit.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Buy more gems dude

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Thinking of dipping my toe back in sometime. The storyline is over now, right? Are they doing any more? Has there been any new story/living world since the end of the End of Dragons expansion?

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Lonk posted:

Buy more gems dude
Dang! Mind sharing the transmute skins used on that char?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ApeHawk posted:

Occasionally I'll do a DE but it's too time-consuming for a chance that the map isn't being brain-dead and won't waste an hour of your life.

I think the trick is finding the right lfg, otherwise you run the risk of joining a map led by Little Timmy, or worse, that time I joined a map with the commander ego-tripping and calling everyone who joined "his padawans".

Try to find any that mention fresh maps or wanting alac/quickness players or who sort the raid into subgroups with proper boons, those tend to have a 100% success rate.
Once you get 5/10 stacks of dragon's end participation during the pre-events you are free to just chill and afk until the final push happens, though all the events give a good amount of imperial favors for legendary crafting.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Mailer posted:

It's on the list, along with copper-fed and some other stuff once I've secured the gems to nab all the LW during the next sale. I'm fine with eating the silver to port to events and stuff. Mostly I just want to find out things (like clicking on the tag to join a non-LFG meta) that drastically ramp up money and fun that existed all along but require one bit of information to access.

World bosses are very poor income if you chain them, probably around 2-3g an hour. I'd skip the world boss portal device, which would take many years of active play to pay itself off even if it was worth using, and instead spend some of that money on a commander tag. It will be especially valuable for you as you play at off-peak hours.

ApeHawk posted:

hope a commander is doing private DS

Mailer posted:

Do ya'll just check the timers and roam the world looking for commander tags to hopefully get in on some metas? Do public strikes ever actually happen?

Why not make your own group, rather than joining the likely 100+ people staring at that section of the LFG interface waiting for someone else to click the button? I'd suggest for strikes you do "fast 5 IBS, daily EoD + DS" as one group. It's what anyone quickly looking to do their daily strike stuff will be after, and a huge chunk of rewards for 30m or so effort. Though I should mention for full rewards you'll want most of the IBS masteries unlocked.

If you're lost on group composition, there's this tool being developed that can help: https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/team-builder/. But honestly, you can't go far wrong with 1 alac, 1 quick and 1 heal per subgroup, in some combination. Do make subgroups though, they are very strong - if you don't have a commander tag you'll need to convince someone else to tag up, or get people to drag themselves to the correct subgroup. Strikes are pretty easy provided everyone in-group is familiar with them. A lot of people like to take a heal scourge for boneskinner only, since so many people gently caress up the extremely simple mechanics, and heal scourge is an overpowered group carry.

For meta-trains, it's a bit more difficult, though I have joined random commanders doing short ones. I'm on EU so can't give too much guidance here, but the real profitable meta-trains are usually organised and regular, e.g. Hardstuck does them daily on NA and EU: https://hardstuck.gg/gw2/guides/events/meta-event-train-the-compendium/. You need to be on their discord to join (or know who is in it and /sqjoin on them). There will be other regular trains organised on discord, no doubt. On EU at least, many streamers run them too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I do wish the interface had some way to easily recognize who is providing the alac/quick/heals without having to ask and keep track of character swaps, like a tiny icon on the side of the class icon.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I do wish the interface had some way to easily recognize who is providing the alac/quick/heals without having to ask and keep track of character swaps, like a tiny icon on the side of the class icon.

There's an arcdps module that does that, and also tracks uptime to make sure they're doing it well. But yeah it would be great if it was in the default UI - like many, many other things.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

..btt posted:

World bosses are very poor income if you chain them, probably around 2-3g an hour. I'd skip the world boss portal device, which would take many years of active play to pay itself off even if it was worth using, and instead spend some of that money on a commander tag. It will be especially valuable for you as you play at off-peak hours.

I mean, what is "worth using?" If your only motivation is generating gold, then yeah, it's not really worth it. But it announces when a world boss is coming up and gives you a free teleport there, which is a low-intensity activity that runs on a constant cycle and is easy to slot in between other activities.

Sure, you can get most of the way there by keeping "/wiki et" open in a separate window; but as a convenience item priced at $5 USD, it seems just about right if you're into doing random open-world activities. The equivalent device for the HoT metas, on the other hand, is maybe less useful, since it just cycles through those same four activities (plus Dry Top sandstorms), which occur on a very predictable schedule

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

404notfound posted:

I mean, what is "worth using?" If your only motivation is generating gold, then yeah, it's not really worth it. But it announces when a world boss is coming up and gives you a free teleport there, which is a low-intensity activity that runs on a constant cycle and is easy to slot in between other activities.

Sure, you can get most of the way there by keeping "/wiki et" open in a separate window; but as a convenience item priced at $5 USD, it seems just about right if you're into doing random open-world activities. The equivalent device for the HoT metas, on the other hand, is maybe less useful, since it just cycles through those same four activities (plus Dry Top sandstorms), which occur on a very predictable schedule

there's a blish hud module called meta and event observer that does 90% of what the world boss stone does

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

404notfound posted:

To clarify, it costs money to buy, and costs money (in terms of efficiency) every time you use it. Ignoring that world bosses are bad money, the benefit it gives is not costing ~2 silver to teleport there, but it currently costs ~136 gold. Or ~6,800 teleports.

You're right that it does alert you when a world boss is coming up, but as Saraiguma said, you can just use the blish module for that, which isn't limited to only world bosses, and can be disabled if annoying.

If you like it then fine, get and use it. But I don't think it's an effective use of money when starting out playing the game.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im a fan of the world boss teleporters.
Sometimes its nice just doing the WB train.

Sure, there are better gold things to do, but none as low intensity as the WB train. And the game isnt just about gold, otherwise no one would be doing anything but fractals and drizz

Its nice for alts with no waypoints too.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Yeah, that's fair, of course. My first response was to Mailer who was specifically looking to increase his farming efficiency, which the world boss teleporter is useless for, imo.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Mordiceius posted:

Thinking of dipping my toe back in sometime. The storyline is over now, right? Are they doing any more? Has there been any new story/living world since the end of the End of Dragons expansion?

The main storyline about dealing with the elder dragons is over, yeah. There's supposed to be another living world season coming out at some point (probably in Cantha post EoD) but they haven't given any details.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

World bosses are way more than 2-3g a hour. Good gold? God no, absolutely not, but it's more like 10g/hour. Which is y'know, closer to half to 2/3rds of the popular/big money makers rather than a tenth.

The world boss teleporter itself is still not great but it's a fine enough buy on sale if you A) like to do world boss trains, B) like to play alts, and C) plan to play the game regularly for awhile since you'll save enough gold in like, half a year between the opportunity cost of not having to trudge around and unlock all the boss waypoints and the gold saving of the teleports proper.

Also would only get it if you're the type to buy gems for rl $ since the gems to gold rate is a lot worse than gold to gems. also possibly wait on a 20% off sale.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 18, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kassad posted:

The main storyline about dealing with the elder dragons is over, yeah. There's supposed to be another living world season coming out at some point (probably in Cantha post EoD) but they haven't given any details.

Hasn’t it been a year since the expansion came out? And there’s no ETA on new content?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Hasn’t it been a year since the expansion came out? And there’s no ETA on new content?

I think the last content update was in November but it was a remake/rerelease of Living World Season 1 (the one that had previously been removed from the game) so it's not really "new" content. That's probably what's delaying the start of EoD's Living World season.

I think there's supposed to be news coming soon for what content's coming in 2023.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 18, 2023

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
tbh, i think it's good they focused on bringing back season 1, since they got a shitton of new people between S2 and EoD who can now play it

sucks for bitter vets, but you need to keep around new users too

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah the missing season 1 has been such a pain point for so long it was definitely worth doing eventually. It's unfortunate it had to delay actual new content but adding back season 1 along with the Steam release is probably crucial to actually bringing in new players.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

..btt posted:

Yeah, that's fair, of course. My first response was to Mailer who was specifically looking to increase his farming efficiency, which the world boss teleporter is useless for, imo.

Ah right, I forgot about that context. Definitely not good for that use case, but I reflexively leap to the defense of that item every now and then since a lot of people just ask "what's the point??"

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Honestly, knowing that S1 was brought back makes me more interested than anything else.

I had stopped after the personal story and hadn't started Heart of Thorns yet. I watched the 3 hour :suicide: "movie" of Season 1, but it would be nice to experience it.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It hasn't aged especially well but I suppose it's good for the game that it's been brought back

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, knowing that S1 was brought back makes me more interested than anything else.

I had stopped after the personal story and hadn't started Heart of Thorns yet. I watched the 3 hour :suicide: "movie" of Season 1, but it would be nice to experience it.

A couple other changes since EoD came out are in group content. They added hard modes for all the EoD strikes, a new strike and its accompanying hard mode in November, and then they also went back and added an easy mode to all the HoT and PoF raids. The easy mode is called "emboldened mode" and basically works like the Echo in FFXIV, where every time your group wipes you get a stacking boost to your stats so the next attempt will be easier. It disables a few achievements but you can get all the other rewards I think.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Did they ever make dungeons good?

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Did they ever make dungeons good?
They rolled all dungeon currencies into one. That's about it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Luggage posted:

They rolled all dungeon currencies into one. That's about it.

But are the dungeons actually fun to play or is it still just a chaotic zerg?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

But are the dungeons actually fun to play or is it still just a chaotic zerg?

If you have a few friends dungeons are always fun.

If youre pugging it, they are ok.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Dungeons are abandoned content, for better or worse. They're pretty easy combat wise these days due to power creep.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah as soon as they came out with Fractals dungeons were fully abandoned. If you want small group content it’s all fractals and will probably be that way for the rest of the game’s lifespan.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Dungeons are basically done once for the mastery point and after that only for specific exclusive runes or cosmetics.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I like to grab the cosmetics via pvp instead of running dungeons.

Speaking of, this armor isn't in GW2 at all, right? I think I recall a ghost wearing it in one of the LS zones and being like "wouldn't that be nice".

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Mordiceius posted:

On a related note, pre release (February) I ordered a copy of the EoD soundtrack on vinyl. It shipped yesterday.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

jokes posted:

I like to grab the cosmetics via pvp instead of running dungeons.

Speaking of, this armor isn't in GW2 at all, right? I think I recall a ghost wearing it in one of the LS zones and being like "wouldn't that be nice".

I think the closest style is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profane_armor

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Luggage posted:

Dang! Mind sharing the transmute skins used on that char?

Sure! I use the Magical Unicorn Horn, Winter's Presence shoulders, Assassin's Coat, Aurene's Crystalline Claws for gloves, Assassin's Leggings and Stylist Shoes.
I use The Dreamer and Magical Longbow for weapons and the Lunar Backpack for my backpiece.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
That chestpiece has always held a very liberal definition of coat.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I was thinking the same thing for the female set. To me, the armor that seems closest to the male set are the refined and perfected light envoy sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Dungeons aren't that bad these days, they are very high gold for the time spent if you're into that, these days both increased player power and player knowledge has made them pretty fast and easy, in the old days you were pretty much only getting through a dungeon if you had a guide who knew every stealth or portal bypass, skip, exploit and rock to stand on to trivialize or bug out most fights and you'd still have some trouble because half of the randoms in the group would be rocking magic find rares 20 levels below the dungeon, but now you can just brute force and instantly melt any trash or bosses with your fully ascended group with 100% alac/quick uptime and healing and any knowledge checks are mostly on how to do it a little bit faster.