Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

buffalo all day posted:

The dream is real. I unpacked mbaku. :letsgo:

Uh, does he go in anything other than cerebro decks?

Lockjaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Push El Burrito posted:

This featured node is just "put Colossus in your deck".

Everyone owes it to themselves to at least once, drop doc ock on the featured location and kamikaze the other guys entire hand. Just got 8 cubes off a shuri zero guy.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

buffalo all day posted:

Everyone owes it to themselves to at least once, drop doc ock on the featured location and kamikaze the other guys entire hand. Just got 8 cubes off a shuri zero guy.

I just tried this but the other guy revealed his Professor X first :v:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Really don't like the new location so I decided gently caress it, time to break out a Knull deck for it and boy howdy was I paid off in spades in the first match. No rickety bridge but I did get The Peak with a hand of only Knull...Task Master....Moon Girl....Arnim Zola. The third location of Vormir so I was able to toss a spare Killmonger on there to get off to the races.

Absolutely stupid amounts of "win but bigger" on the final turn. Ended with 4 Knulls on the board. Never has a Deadpool emote been more appropriate.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
When the plan comes together:

e: wrong image

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Rickety Bridge? Not a fan :colbert:

Also my Zabu/Sera/Surfer deck keeps getting wins that even I thought had been lost, most recently by buffing Bishop up above She hulk on the other side so he took the doubling from throne room. Crazy stuff!

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I'm running this deck to some degree of success:
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Zero
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Venom
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) Destroyer

But I find myself rarely using venom. The idea being he eats TM or RS taking away their negative buff. Any suggestions for what to replace him with?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Banjo Bones posted:

I'm running this deck to some degree of success:
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Zero
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Venom
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Maximus
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) Destroyer

But I find myself rarely using venom. The idea being he eats TM or RS taking away their negative buff. Any suggestions for what to replace him with?

That's not too far off from my favorite Dracula deck (that someone else here posted a few weeks back):

My Hazmat deck is more "fun" but when I want to win cubes, this deck is a genuine workhorse.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I hit the 90s and I think there's actually more bots here than the 80s. This actually makes sense? snap.fan lists like 600 people in infinite, only about 300 in the 90s, and like a thousand or whatever in the 80s. This is all limited to people that use their tracker, but my games have been getting easier mid 90s lol

Also, pretty sure there's a bot named TerryHintz, shoutouts to LISA

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Another picture of what Peak performance looks like.

The location in the middle was Rickety Bridge. They were using it to buff up their Deadpool which, great plan, especially if you have a Knull in hand. Little did they know I already got both Knull and Arnim. Deciding to go for the ultimate play almost hosed me bad because they had Death on the board too along with Killmonger and I Doc Ock'd for swag effect and it pulled out their Zola who thankfully just safely copied Mr Negative and Beast pulled everyone else all the way back to hand.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I think this might be my new favorite win.

Turn 3:
Opponent green goblins left lane, sucks but cube count is already at 2, I can play to turn 6
Turn 4:
I Storm Right, I need to use Spiderman to win by locking up mid since I only have two lanes.
Opponent Spidermans mid. I fully expect Absorbing Man on 5 and the game to be over.
Turn 5
I fill right before it floods.
They play Doc Oc, who dies to Shang Chi and locks up the lane with Spiderman

Opponent retreats, despite Bar Sinister being open.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
This location owns. Doc ock sends his regards (before iron fist slides him harmlessly into the next lane)

Gotta get the games in before all the babies start running armor

Also where do I report a bug? Just had a weird interaction where Carnage should have destroyed Iron fist before moving over into Morag but both cards showed up in the other lane

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Reek posted:

This location owns. Doc ock sends his regards (before iron fist slides him harmlessly into the next lane)

Gotta get the games in before all the babies start running armor

Also where do I report a bug? Just had a weird interaction where Carnage should have destroyed Iron fist before moving over into Morag but both cards showed up in the other lane

Two ways.

Record it if you can on video but that's only possible if you have an instant replay function [if you have an nvidia card and playing on the pc client enable instant replay and hit alt 10 when you see a bug then throw the clip online somewhere and post a link on the official second lunch/snap discord under game support] also follow up with a bug report by hittting the gear icon and filling out a bug report there, that way they can look up the logs for the match data.

I do both when I can but the in game bug report is more important. I do video clips because a lot of the peanut squad jumps into discord and go "nuh-uh you just did a mistake and are remembering it wrong..."

"ok here's a super edit of this bug in 5 separate games then..."

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

buffalo all day posted:

I lost 8 cubes to someone sacrificing Magneto to this location on turn 6.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Interesting thing about Rickety Bridge: if you add cards after the last turn (for example, with Doctor Doom or Ultron behind Invisible Woman), they don't die.

Not a bad tactic if you're running Patriot while this is featured.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uXs posted:

Interesting thing about Rickety Bridge: if you add cards after the last turn (for example, with Doctor Doom or Ultron behind Invisible Woman), they don't die.

Not a bad tactic if you're running Patriot while this is featured.
I was wondering about that

I will have to try it later with my Ultron Patriot deck

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Is anyone getting a very low amount of the Featured Location? Because I've only got it once in the past hour, which is driving me nuts, because I really wanna use my Doc Ock!!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Playing a Zola into a telegraphed Leader gives me a fuzzy feeling in my tummy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Artelier posted:

Is anyone getting a very low amount of the Featured Location? Because I've only got it once in the past hour, which is driving me nuts, because I really wanna use my Doc Ock!!

gently caress that place. You know what layout is really fun? Rickety Bridge, Jotunheim, Sanctum Santorum. Who the gently caress thought this was a good idea?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I think they need to code certain locations to never show up together. There’s too many “You can’t play cards here” variations. Death’s Domain + Sanctum + Throne + Altar of Death + Bar With No Name + Luke’s Bar + Miniaturized Lab + Morag. And then the ones that restrict cards. When two of these show up it becomes a kind of non-game.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Except there are lists/cards that do great with these types of locations (movement, Vision, etc). Just build a gimmick deck to deal with it or retreat if you don’t like the locations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You shouldn't have to do that though. If you're constantly on edge expecting the locations to blow rear end then it sucks all the fun out of the game.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Happy to build a gimmick deck when it’s a featured location. That’s a fun change of pace. But it’s kind of bad game design to have a decent possibility be “this location triplet prevents people from playing cards in our card game.”

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I should stop playing Hobgoblin. It screws me over more often that it helps. The most recent time was with a location ability that pulls a card from each hand. My joy at sending a hobgoblin for free was interrupted by the opponent pulling Odin and sending the card right back.

EDIT: All the "cards get destroyed here" locations are awesome for my destruction and move decks. git gud, etc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Armor, Nightcrawler, Bucky Barnes, White Tiger, Doctor Doom, Brood, The Hood, Electro, Storm, Professor X, Captain Marvel, etc are all pretty solid cards that are not relegated to gimmick decks. I'd even say some of the value of their inclusion is that they can benefit from locations that are downsides for other decks but still have strong effects in their own right.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I feel like I should feel bad about this win but also gently caress this dude for snapping after they stole my free Iron Man. I YOLO'd a Doc Ock onto the rickety bridge which was pretty good because it eliminated a bunch of their ongoing boosters (Mystique Blue Marvel and Kazar all in one go) and I learned that Knull gets boosted by the added power after they last turn dropped Ultron and the bridge just added that to the total.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

doingitwrong posted:

I think they need to code certain locations to never show up together. There’s too many “You can’t play cards here” variations. Death’s Domain + Sanctum + Throne + Altar of Death + Bar With No Name + Luke’s Bar + Miniaturized Lab + Morag. And then the ones that restrict cards. When two of these show up it becomes a kind of non-game.
I just had Rickety Bridge and Death’s Domain in the same game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

buffalo all day posted:

This sounds hilarious mind sharing the deck?

Ok yea doc ock is very troll lol. Just pulled a professor x with hobgoblin. Instant retreat

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 18, 2023

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Just play Colossus, he is like an auto-win for the featured location. Or stick a bucky there on the final turn. Or armor, or storm, or rhino?

There are a bunch of cards that deal with crummy locations, part of the game is teching against locations as much as it is teching against the opponent.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
It seems like they've added a lot of denial locations in the last couple months. Would be nice if they got away from that in the future so they're a smaller % of the pool.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Now i pulled an Armor right after i was confident enough to snap :(

Xguard86 posted:

It seems like they've added a lot of denial locations in the last couple months. Would be nice if they got away from that in the future so they're a smaller % of the pool.

Trying to discourage gameplay is an odd move by the devs for sure

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's interesting that there are so many locations that reduce the spaces you can play in but none that add more spaces you can play in. It means cards like shuri are better than they appear because you can compress your power and cards like bishop aren't as strong as they would be in a version of the game where locations did nothing.

I'd love to see a location that added a fourth location or six slots instead of four. Doubt the technology will ever get there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I just had Rickety Bridge and Death’s Domain in the same game

If that was you who played Klaw into DD, gently caress you.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Two of my last three collector's reserve boxes have been Killmonger variants. Stooooooopppp

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
FYI Doombots dont live with the rickety bridge location

I dont know why I prep a deck for a featured location like this. Everyone pulls out their storm and magiks and youre just playing a normal game. I guess just regular decks with Death/Colossus now

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 18, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dravs posted:

Just play Colossus, he is like an auto-win for the featured location.

Booooooo-ring

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Quake is fun with the new location. She’s a chaotic turn 6 surprise. I’ve been playing a deck with Doc Oc, Quake, Death, and Deadpool. I’ll add Bucky too. It’s not winning a lot but it is fun when it works. I have Colossus and Bucky in there too. Maybe Nova and Carnage would be good adds.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I really don't mind the location reduction stuff in regular rotation. The game play in this game is very much about playing around the locations, as much as around your opponent's cards.

When a location is featured it's rough though. Especially since it seems to always mean Death and Deadpool spam.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
This location is at least slightly more interesting than the previous ones but it's yet again a location that's trying to shut down a lane, that's what they've all been!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
How can you argue with a location that makes this a winning end game state? Opponent had Magneto, White Queen got me copy, we both played him into Rickety Bridge turn 6.