Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Boris Pistorius sounds like one of those joke taxonomy names they use to have when they'd label Wile E. Coyote at the start of the cartoon.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Lobok posted:

Boris Pistorius sounds like one of those joke taxonomy names they use to have when they'd label Wile E. Coyote at the start of the cartoon.

loving LOL

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

BonHair posted:

They ran out of good ideas several generations ago

"Stealth bomber that shoots dragons" is a bad idea?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Although now that I think about it, if the Pistorius label was going to be used in a Wile E. Coyote cartoon it'd have to be an episode where the Road Runner is the murderous one.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Does anyone have that clip of the Spiderman cartoon dub where it's people falling and the dub has them all just really flatly going "aahh" over and over? I never know what to search and I feel like an insane person trying to describe it.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

BonHair posted:

They ran out of good ideas several generations ago

Nostradingus posted:

"Stealth bomber that shoots dragons" is a bad idea?

Pokemon always had incredibly stupid monster designs, right from the original gen 1 games, that people forget about.

loving Exeggcute? It's just a pile of eggs with faces on it that inexplicably evolves into a coconut tree.

Mr Mime is a French guy that likes to participate in cockfights for some reason.

Jynx? What the hell is it even

damn horror queefs has a new favorite as of 19:47 on Jan 18, 2023

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

drat horror queefs posted:

Pokemon always had incredibly stupid monster designs, right from the original gen 1 games, that people forget about.

loving Exeggcute? It's just a pile of eggs with faces on it that inexplicably evolves into a coconut tree.

Mr Mime is a French guy that likes to participate in cockfights for some reason.

Jynx? What the hell is it even

an understandable mistake but

quote:

Despite looking like eggs, Exeggcute is actually more closely related to plant seeds.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
One of them was just a rat that evolved into a bigger rat.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

Facepalm

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Dabir posted:

Facepalm

:catstare:

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
There are literally dozens of gen 1 pokemon that can be posted, with no context, in response to gen 1 purists or anyone who thinks the designs have gone downhill.

What if ball? What if ball but magnet? What if worm? What if rock with angry face?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SpacePig posted:

Does anyone have that clip of the Spiderman cartoon dub where it's people falling and the dub has them all just really flatly going "aahh" over and over? I never know what to search and I feel like an insane person trying to describe it.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KR2ove20a0

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SpacePig posted:

One of them was just a rat that evolved into a bigger rat.

8 of the original 151 are just birds.

4 are various reskins of a fennec fox, and then they did it five more times in future generations.

One is literally “what if pokeball, but Pokémon?!”

Pokémon design is a wonderful mix of inspired insanity and phoning it in and I love it

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like the Pokemon that's like "what if Jackie Chan was a little loving rock goblin?"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lobok posted:

I like the Pokemon that's like "what if Jackie Chan was a little loving rock goblin?"

And Bruce Lee!

Ekans wins for maximum laziness

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

To be fair, if you tried to catch ‘em all in real life you’d get tired with all the beetles

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Yes! Thank you!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

To be fair, if you tried to catch ‘em all in real life you’d get tired with all the beetles

If that was true then pokemon wouldn't even exist, the guy who came up with the concept was an avid bug catcher and wanted to share his love of it with kids in cities who couldn't go beetle hunting

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Which animals are Jackie Chan and Bruce lee

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I thought they would look like the people they are named after but they are both little brown monster people and one is wearing a cheerleader skirt but the other one is just freeballing it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My favorite Tom Petty song

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Poetry snob voice: More like Edgar Allan Poetaster. :owned:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

hosed up and excellent, I would buy a pokemon cookbook.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Gotta spatch em all

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Just imagine the memes we could have had if the kinnikuman / M.U.S.C.L.E franchise has been handled better and become as pervasive as pokemon

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I always get it backwards, and am shocked every time I relearn that a character in Japan was named Gazelleman, and the American name for him was Dik-Dik Van-Dik.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

titties posted:

Just imagine the memes we could have had if the kinnikuman / M.U.S.C.L.E franchise has been handled better and become as pervasive as pokemon

Gotta admit I misread that as Kikkoman and was reminded of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cacademon

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Kinnikuman loving owns bones

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

cacussy

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

freeedr posted:

You are a sack of overcooked pinto beans. Please stop sadly lubing your rear end in a top hat and throw your device on the floor and tumble out of your hovel in an ungainly lurch. Waft into the air and involute into nothing. Exist no longer

Don't stop professor Peaslee, I am becoming monstroussly turgid

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

ijyt posted:

hosed up and excellent, I would buy a pokemon cookbook.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cuWoDobZf_4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rokv9gF9Bn1sjcnrz.mp4