Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vermain posted:

no disagreements here, although lacking documentation for basic game mechanics and being needlessly obtuse is a fromsoft special, like when no one knew what the gently caress poise did in DS3 and fromsoft's only reply was, "poise is working as intended. well, seeya"

Oh thanks for reminding me, poise is also hosed in DS2, and it's hosed in a way that makes taking hits unpredictable even if you know exactly how it works! System mastery your way around an invisible bar with no damage numbers and a glacially slow recharge, nerd

E: 7:16 if this link doesn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwffSOSzcAM&t=436s

Dabir fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I should really try Lost Kingdom again and see if I can get past the windmill or graveyard or wherever the hell I kept stalling out at the time

the second one is a huge improvement if only because it got rid of random encounters

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

bayo 3 was really good. way better than 2. 1 is still the goat though

why lol. it looks super cute

the art style is lovely and I'm gonna get it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

All of the peachlikes (daisy, rosalina, paulette) are so boring

oh my god Jay you filthy animal

Rosalina is bae

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gaius Marius posted:

is not forspoken the game with the cringe core dialogue and fantasy setting?

yea

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What a god drat coward.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Thank u miyamoto for protecting us from wincest preach

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
we already have daisy, rosalina, pauline, captain syrup, and mona, what more do you animals want

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I want Syrup to show up again in a Wario Land 5

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

we already have daisy, rosalina, pauline, captain syrup, and mona, what more do you animals want

for them to be playable

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

for them to be playable

Rosalina at least is playable in Mario 3D World (and if you want to count it Daisy is an unlockable character in the mobile game Super Mario Run)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mobile games never count LarryB

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

mobile games never count LarryB

Fair enough, the Rosalina point still stands though

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my experience in elden ring was picking the bandit starting class, wanting to put points into str and faith to use some cool weapons i found (and failing), and then having an exceedingly bad time until my friends helped me beat renala so i could finally respec and get some vigor.

the middle of the game was okay. the end of the game was very meh. and that's my elden ring story

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
so far my experience has been i think doing a lot of stuff that isn't what I'm "supposed" to be doing but I'm still having a good time

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Looper posted:

so far my experience has been i think doing a lot of stuff that isn't what I'm "supposed" to be doing but I'm still having a good time

It's okay, that's actually what you're supposed to be doing

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Fair enough, the Rosalina point still stands though

im glad they made rosalina playable 1 time 10 years ago. they havent even made peach playable since that game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it's hosed up Mario Odyssey was 6 years ago

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i really thought peach was gonna be an unlockable character for mario odyssey like how luigi was for the galaxy games. shes got her own hat and cute outfits for the different worlds, they absolutely could have done it. big missed opportunity

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d like playing as peach better if they made hover a separate button

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There is no supposed to. Do whatever you can reach

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Peach can do everything mario can do and she can fly. Why does she even need this tubby loser

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

im glad they made rosalina playable 1 time 10 years ago. they havent even made peach playable since that game

Come to think of it, I’m not even sure LUIGI has been playable in a standard game since then

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Miyamoto should go play with his amusement park and terrible movie and let the perverts have control of the Mario franchise

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Settling into my new condo pretty well. There's still some furniture and organizing to do, but that's all in what are essentially new rooms anyway.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Help Im Alive posted:

We're overdue for another 3D Mario game. Odyssey was so fuckin' good

HIT THE TAPE https://youtu.be/ZHa71Pfgfi0

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a new Mario in November. It’s been long enough that they might have a new game in the can

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't believe you

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wait, Rosalina is unlockable in 3D World?? How!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mushroom Kingdom here we come

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

External Organs posted:

you get her right when you start the postgame

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

External Organs posted:

She’s unlockable after beating a certain stage in the first hidden world after finishing the game (get there via the rocket that appears in the first world)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I should beat the game I guess. I mainly only play it when my brother in law is over as a coop thing.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

We're overdue for another 3D Mario game. Odyssey was so fuckin' good

HIT THE TAPE https://youtu.be/ZHa71Pfgfi0

Maybe they are saving a new mario as a launch title for their next system

which will apparently never come as the switch is still selling like crazy

Edit: no reason we couldnt have gotten an odyssey 2 though :mad:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's finally time: super mario sunshine 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Super Mario Moonshine

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'll buy the next mario if it has a wario peach

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Super Mario Moonshine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfEuCtk3ejM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Vinny Vinesauce lookin rough