Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh neat it has a 2 player mode? might be the first bullet hell shooter me and my brother can play together since metal slug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Persona 3 Portable releases later today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

[list]
[*]Returnal has been dated for February 15. It'll support DLSS, FSR and NIS, raytraced shadows and reflections, and both ultrawide and super-ultrawide, along with native DualSense support.

Ooh hey that is much sooner than I thought it would be.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Here's the PC features trailer for Returnal, because why not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKZV00Esu54

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

and specs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The hell is Nvidia NIS?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

NIS is a spatial (read: bad) upscaler similar to FSR1

you should probably use DLSS if you can, FSR2 otherwise, and ignore NIS

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

nis nuts. hm. no. bad.

I'm curious if I'd be much better on PC Returnal compared to PS5. I'm certainly better on m+kb in general, but the PS5 controls feel real solid and nice. Also I have too much progess on the PS5 version.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

repiv posted:

NIS is a spatial (read: bad) upscaler similar to FSR1

you should probably use DLSS if you can, FSR2 otherwise, and ignore NIS

Oh okay, thanks. I did see Image scaling but wasn't sure how that was different from DLSS/FSR2. Hard to keep track of these acronyms :sweatdrop:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

The hell is Nvidia NIS?

optimization software where you go inside your graphics card and for every 1000 floors of a dungeon you complete inside it you get one more megabit of processing power

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I said come in! posted:

Ooh hey that is much sooner than I thought it would be.

Yeah, I was expecting mid-year at best even after the 20 different leaks.

Steamworld Dig 2 was really good as well, wasn't following the studio at all but glad to hear there's another one coming.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

GMG does similar amounts for unreleased pc games all the time, I got deathloop, death stranding, monster hunter rise, a destiny expansion from them all for about 18% off. I think elden ring was the least discount at 12% off.

I remember getting Borderlands 2 at launch for almost half off at release. I mean, they toned it down, and most of their deals are behind their VIP program but GMG has ridiculously good deals.

Holy poo poo this is adorable.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A free DLC has been announced for Powerwash Simulator at the end of the month adding a mini-campaign with five new missions revolving around an old friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di73_USvE78

Must be weird for Square-Enix to have to license an IP they sold off not too long ago...

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Black Griffon posted:

nis nuts. hm. no. bad.

I'm curious if I'd be much better on PC Returnal compared to PS5. I'm certainly better on m+kb in general, but the PS5 controls feel real solid and nice. Also I have too much progess on the PS5 version.

I love the triggers on the dualsense too much to give up Returnal on PS5.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

they said the PC version will have the dualsense features, just with the usual caveat of them only working over a wired connection

with sony ramping up their PC support you would hope they would eventually release a proper driver that supports all the features over wireless...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's a dualsense

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

repiv posted:

they said the PC version will have the dualsense features, just with the usual caveat of them only working over a wired connection

with sony ramping up their PC support you would hope they would eventually release a proper driver that supports all the features over wireless...

I still have yet to find an explanation why this is the case

which sucks rear end because the ds haptics are incredible

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

what's a dualsense

The PS5 controller. It has fancy triggers that can apply resistance to make them harder to pull when the devs want and fancy rumble that's more granular, I guess.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rumble pak, got it

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Cowcaster posted:

what's a dualsense

The haptics on the PS5 are straight up incredible. In Death Stranding, for example, the controller vibrations accurately reflects the terrain you're moving over across the whole controller, and the shoulder triggers have variable resistance as you press them to adjust your backpack or fire weapons. In Returnal, the weapons have two-stage triggers where the resistance at the halfway point is firm enough that you don't have to worry about accidentally using the fully depressed fire mode.

Edit: beaten, but I have more wonder and astonishment.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

what's a videogame

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

what's a videogame

dunno some kind of anime

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Is this the thread for steaming? I've got some hams I'm trying to steam, any tips?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Black Griffon posted:

The haptics on the PS5 are straight up incredible. In Death Stranding, for example, the controller vibrations accurately reflects the terrain you're moving over across the whole controller, and the shoulder triggers have variable resistance as you press them to adjust your backpack or fire weapons. In Returnal, the weapons have two-stage triggers where the resistance at the halfway point is firm enough that you don't have to worry about accidentally using the fully depressed fire mode.

Edit: beaten, but I have more wonder and astonishment.

They're also amazing in Gran Turismo, where you can really feel the car fighting back if you're trying to do something that you really shouldn't, or in Spiderman where they impart the momentum of your swings really well.

On the downside, there are lazy implementations too, like Saints Row just making it harder to shoot.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jack Trades posted:

what's a videogame

a miserable little pile of data

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jack Trades posted:

what's a videogame

A miserable little pile of software

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

feels like the memory of a kid in elementary school telling me how awesome his aura interactor was

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Anything more elaborate than a 2600 stick is a gimmick

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wintermutant posted:

Anything more elaborate than a 2600 stick is a gimmick

this is fair.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've used mouse and keyboard for essentially everything for the past 20 years new controller doodads were never going to impress me

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i've used mouse and keyboard for essentially everything for the past 20 years new controller doodads were never going to impress me
maybe you should try a gamepad some time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

sounds like someone never had a gravis gamepad

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

real yakuza use a gamepad

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cowcaster posted:

Same. I've tried using a controller, but it never clicked.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Philippe posted:

:golfclap:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Philippe posted:

this is practically an emo phillips joke

mystes
May 31, 2006

Philippe posted:

Somewhere someone has probably figured out how to make a mechanical gamepad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think i've already told this story in here but ironically i own not one but two 8bitdo ultimate controllers now

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i'm using tilt controls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

repiv posted:

i'm using tilt controls!