Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

He doesn't actually want or need to spam CAs at all.

you’re smarter about his kit than i’ll ever be. i vastly prefer characters you don’t have to think about at all. it seems like the fiddliest units get trounced by units that are easy to use with high investment

curious about al haitham’s c1 is like itto’s, where it’s an okay QOL adjustment. doesn’t seem that worth when homa’s around the corner though :shrug:

seems like he’s going to be another ayato for me, where i pull him out to see how stupid of a comp i can make for him. once he’s fully built, i want to see just how wrong 4 vermillion burgeon is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

My favourite Dehya leak so far is that she apparently has a King Deshret themed makeup kit prop in one of her idle animations

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lost the 50/50 on alheitham, but got Tighari who was the only standard 5* I didnt have, so I aint mad about it. What I AM mad about is getting something like c9 yunjin and zero Yaoyoas. Similar happened on the last banner I rolled on with zero Faruzans, meaning there are exactly 2 4* characters I dont have. But I'm going to be strong and stick to the mantra "Dont roll for 4*s".

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I really wish they added some key data to the UI. Make it so you can toggle it, but show me explicit info about shield strength and buffs and their duration. Trying to parse anything in a sea of colors and exploding numbers is only possible in retrospect. It's not necessary to play, but it would be nice

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tsyni posted:

I really wish they added some key data to the UI. Make it so you can toggle it, but show me explicit info about shield strength and buffs and their duration. Trying to parse anything in a sea of colors and exploding numbers is only possible in retrospect. It's not necessary to play, but it would be nice

We've been asking that since launch at least, they'll never do it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Ytlaya posted:

What are thoughts on Yaoyao? Having a Dendro healer seems like it could enable some different teams, though I don't know how good she actually is at either healing or facilitating various reactions.

My expectations are greatly exceed, though mileage may vary with different playstyles. Her Dendro output is great - 4 applications each E and Q on a single target. Positioning/targeting can be an issue with the bunny, but it's not that glaring. I haven't built her HP at all, but her Q easily heals ~80% to the whole team at talent level 6. It never actually gets to that point though because her E does a great deal of incidental healing, plus I run a shield and have XQ's swords. As a solo healer with no shield, I think she'll still be great as long as you don't face tank everything. She might have the most reliable healing output of any 4* healer with the fewest downsides (looking at you Kuki).

Her playstyle does require having her out during Q for the best results, which could be a dealbreaker in some teams. This is perfect for my team, since NAs are not a significant portion of my damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tsyni posted:

They dont want you to parse anything. Same reason they arent adding any difficult endgame content

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

gandlethorpe posted:

My expectations are greatly exceed, though mileage may vary with different playstyles. Her Dendro output is great - 4 applications each E and Q on a single target. Positioning/targeting can be an issue with the bunny, but it's not that glaring. I haven't built her HP at all, but her Q easily heals ~80% to the whole team at talent level 6. It never actually gets to that point though because her E does a great deal of incidental healing, plus I run a shield and have XQ's swords. As a solo healer with no shield, I think she'll still be great as long as you don't face tank everything. She might have the most reliable healing output of any 4* healer with the fewest downsides (looking at you Kuki).

Her playstyle does require having her out during Q for the best results, which could be a dealbreaker in some teams. This is perfect for my team, since NAs are not a significant portion of my damage.
On field yaoyao nilou... can she solo heal (assuming Xingqiu+no other healer)?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

MNSNTZR posted:

you’re smarter about his kit than i’ll ever be. i vastly prefer characters you don’t have to think about at all. it seems like the fiddliest units get trounced by units that are easy to use with high investment

curious about al haitham’s c1 is like itto’s, where it’s an okay QOL adjustment. doesn’t seem that worth when homa’s around the corner though :shrug:

seems like he’s going to be another ayato for me, where i pull him out to see how stupid of a comp i can make for him. once he’s fully built, i want to see just how wrong 4 vermillion burgeon is

I can't really take credit for any of it. I got all this info from Braxophone who is one of the more level headed youtubers that does really good in depth videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1rPHUKTzQ4

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Dehya kit: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/dehya_079/?lang=EN

Exactly as leaked.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they actually already changed her numbers (c1 stronger, a4 weaker) but it isn't updated in english yet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they really need to roll c1 into her base kit because that hp ascension is basically just a dead stat otherwise

and her 'tanking via hp' thing just seems worse than a shield

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

DancingShade posted:

Niche sales vs mass appeal.

Shenhe is very good in her specific role but outside of it? Wheras Yelan can basically go in any team where you use regular attacks.

We probably won't see a Nilou re-run for a long time either.

The Kazuha rerun took over a year and he’s near universal

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Would be nice to know how many hits her Burst deals, feels like that's a big part of her contribution.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endorph posted:

they really need to roll c1 into her base kit because that hp ascension is basically just a dead stat otherwise

and her 'tanking via hp' thing just seems worse than a shield

It's that she doesn't mitigate 100% of the damage your character in her field takes. So she's spending a lot of her power budget on this weird defensive kit, that still requires another defensive unit to actually work. If they wanted to try and make a pyro Kokomi with a more unique method of working? It'd be lame for Dehya but it'd be a neat kit. It's that she doesn't cover your parties defensive needs that makes it suck. (that and then her c2 would be even more attractive for the longer uptime.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i guess she can make a team survivable with a very low amount of healing but like. id still rather just use a shield. any shielder built for HP just never takes damage. and the sources of 'not much healing' are basically just like, prototype amber.

maybe you could use her with hu tao so she can stand around on low hp more safely? but, again, shields.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

padijun posted:

The Kazuha rerun took over a year and he’s near universal

yeah i dont actually think they have any logic for re-runs beyond trying to time them with certain events. xiao shows up for lantern rite in the same way kazuha shows up for the summer islands.

last time they ran shenhe it was with ganyu on the second half so they might just do something similar with ayaka on 3.5 since shes overdue as well.

e. i guess running the cryo characters together would be a form a logic, but the event timing still seems to be their primary concern when a character ends up being long overdue for a rerun.

Radical fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 18, 2023

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

So Dehya's Kokomi but a worse element and can't cover all healing needs? Interesting

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i min xingqiu has that same angle of "you mostly pick this dude for the damage + elemental application but he has some great defensive utility too, just not enough to solo heal" and he works out great
it's just a matter of tuning

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is dehya the first new pyro character in forever?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Is dehya the first new pyro character in forever?

Yes, Thoma was the last one over a year ago. It'll be like 15-16 months once Dehya drops.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i min xingqiu has that same angle of "you mostly pick this dude for the damage + elemental application but he has some great defensive utility too, just not enough to solo heal" and he works out great
it's just a matter of tuning
Right now Dehya's off field damage is about one tenth of Xingqiu's. You could have a team of 10 Dehyas using E and it would equal one xingqiu burst. So tuning carries some weight here.

From another perspective, her E deals two thirds the damage of Kokomi's jellyfish and hits less often and requires a coordinated attack. It is all a big wtf.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 18, 2023

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

They just really don't want to dethrone Xiangling ever do they?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its weird because yelan has clear advantages and disadvantages compared to xingqiu and the two of them dont really invalidate each other. rather than 5* xiangling the defensive stuff and low damage makes dehya seem like 5* thoma, and thoma is decent now so, sure, but she just seems like a way clunkier version of him rather than having trade offs compared to him like the yelan vs xingqiu comparison.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm at a loss for this one. The only comparison I can make is 1.1 Zhongli where the devs decided to value a zero-downtime shield very highly and chinese players disagreed. In this case they seem to be valuing Dehya's unique mechanic very highly and I can't even understand what need it addresses.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I keep reading her kit and expecting some sort of rage explosion where the pre-mitigation damage she's absorbed from the rest of the party feeds into a counter attack but nope, nothing.

I'm not even sure what artifact set she would use.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

and thoma is decent now

Let's not mistake his one niche roll as burgeoning support as being "good". His kit still has massive holes in it and layla wipes the floor with him as a defensive assist.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
How much pyro does she apply? How many times does her Q hit? How much energy does she generate?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Man I haven't minded that much that Hoyo's been unsubtly making it so newer 5* are missing basic functionality until their C1 but this time it's so blatant with the beta nerd to her A4 and buff to C1. If that's going to keep being a regular thing going forward its going to sour me a lot on the game since I'm sure as gently caress not paying cash money for just a constellation. And it's not like they aren't making enough money hand over fist already that they have to stop to such base gacha bullshit either.

Also yeah I have no idea what the hell her kit is going to need. She doesn't seem like she has the scaling for on field DPS but her skill seems so anemic its only useful for reactions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the thing is the c1 seems like it does something but it actually kind of does nothing. its a couple extra k on her damage. maybe 20-30k per rotation? it still means her ascension stat is giving her much less than a crit damage ascension would.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

on the other hand maybe this will make people stop talking about how male 5*s always get screwed over compared to female 5*s

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

We'll just have to wait for the artifact set that drains your character's stacks of Redmane's Blood to deal AoE damage

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that or the hydro archon has some weird kit where every time you take damage you deal damage based on your party's combined HP

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

multiple characters have hit the beta server being totally hosed in the last year, this isn't really anything new. yae got totally reworked, tig got his c6 made baseline for his kit, etc.

Asimo posted:

Man I haven't minded that much that Hoyo's been unsubtly making it so newer 5* are missing basic functionality until their C1

Is this really true? If anything the c2 has been the critical cons for most characters recently with their c1 being pretty low (nahida, cyno, nilou, etc.) Off the top of my head Yelan getting a second skillcast is pretty impactful but her main teams don't want to use it (its actively bad to use with Hutao) while her c2 is again major because of the hydro applications. I actually cannot think of any character that people consider c1 to be really important for but Hutao.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

multiple characters have hit the beta server being totally hosed in the last year, this isn't really anything new. yae got totally reworked, tig got his c6 made baseline for his kit, etc.

yeah this is what i've been saying, you can look at sort of general playstyle but don't read too much into the specifics in early beta

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in the past year or so shenhe's the only one id say has a crazy good c1
tighnari and wanderer's are okay
yae's is nice but half her teams give her more than enough energy
ayato's is mediocre
yelan's is okay but not as good as shenhe's despite it being basically the same thing
nilou's is okay
nahida's sounds really good but actually doesnt do much
cyno's is eh
al's is pretty good but i wouldnt say he's 'missing basic functionality'

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
al's c1 looks good but is actually useless in diguise
  • all it does is reduce skill cd
  • his cd is so long (18s) that you normally only use it 1 time per rotation at c0
  • his burst is still 18s cooldown so it you can't take advantage of a shorter skill cd to slightly speed up rotations
  • he needs it to be up at the same time each rotation to manage his mirror stacks (he has to use it right when mirror #3 expires), so even with reduced cooldown he can't use it a second time in one rotation without causing cooldowns to drift and messing up the next rotation

it might enable some funny thundering fury gimmick build though?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hope her ult doesn't get buffed because I don't want her competing with Hu Tao. And I don't feel bad for not rolling for her. console wars attitude

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Endorph posted:

in the past year or so shenhe's the only one id say has a crazy good c1
tighnari and wanderer's are okay
yae's is nice but half her teams give her more than enough energy
ayato's is mediocre
yelan's is okay but not as good as shenhe's despite it being basically the same thing
nilou's is okay
nahida's sounds really good but actually doesnt do much
cyno's is eh
al's is pretty good but i wouldnt say he's 'missing basic functionality'

Hu Tao's C1 is apparently good (I do not have Hu Tao). Besides not having to jump cancel its also a decent dps increase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Hu Tao's C1 is apparently good (I do not have Hu Tao). Besides not having to jump cancel its also a decent dps increase

Yeah it both allows her to keep Charge attacks going the entire duration of her Skill and Dodge cancels are a bit faster than jump cancels for the obvious cost. So slight damage increases depending how hard you want to go mechanically, but decent just to not have to worry about sprinting or dodging leaving you unable to do your best attack.

But a DPS increase on Hu Tau is kind of whatever in most situations that are not Floor 12 Abyss.