Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dracula is random right? There isnt like a bug I missed where he always eat the lowest thing in hand? I ask because its been 3 games in a row, only cost me 1 thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It’s a random card

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The best locations or location triplets are the ones that force you to re-evaluate your hand and plan based on what's happening.

Asgard, Gamma Lab, Eternity Range, or The Raft create mini-games where you have to decide whether to go for the mid-game objective.
Throne Room, Baxter, Nidavellir, Negative Zone, all change the value of your cards.
Project Pegasus, TVA, Limbo, make you to rethink your hand and game plan.
Attilan, Lemuria, Daily Bugle, add texture and interest by breaking up the smooth flow of play.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
That's why I've been throwing titania in every deck. Just to burn some extra brain cells

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

doingitwrong posted:

The best locations or location triplets are the ones that force you to re-evaluate your hand and plan based on what's happening.

Asgard, Gamma Lab, Eternity Range, or The Raft create mini-games where you have to decide whether to go for the mid-game objective.
Throne Room, Baxter, Nidavellir, Negative Zone, all change the value of your cards.
Attilan, Lemuria, Daily Bugle, add texture and interest by breaking up the smooth flow of play.

Adding Morag to the third line. Probably my least favorite location with TVA and the switch hands location

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

It's interesting that there are so many locations that reduce the spaces you can play in but none that add more spaces you can play in. It means cards like shuri are better than they appear because you can compress your power and cards like bishop aren't as strong as they would be in a version of the game where locations did nothing.

I'd love to see a location that added a fourth location or six slots instead of four. Doubt the technology will ever get there.

The symbiote location kinda does this by compressing all your power there into a single card. No as good as more actual space, obviously, but I doubt the game is coded to allow that, at the moment.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

the_american_dream posted:

Adding Morag to the third line. Probably my least favorite location with TVA and the switch hands location
Yeah and I think I’ve only ever seen TVA 3 times maybe, but Morag is around constantly

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Artelier posted:

Is anyone getting a very low amount of the Featured Location? Because I've only got it once in the past hour, which is driving me nuts, because I really wanna use my Doc Ock!!

It’s lower rate than Hot locations we have on Sundays

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I either had my first turn 6 opp bluff snap or he just gave me 8 cubes as a good job. I didnt see his last play but 99% looks like he didnt make one?

Bottom Liner posted:

It’s lower rate than Hot locations we have on Sundays

Thank you for this explanation. I try to measure my conf bias but it definitely felt like ive seen certain locations way more on the weekends but chalked it up to me paying less attention

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 18, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

doingitwrong posted:

With some of those (looking at you, Raft), there's not much choice. A free 6-cost card is ridiculously powerful and unless you are mathematically certain you're winning anyway, you should basically always retreat if your opponent gets one and you don't.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

uXs posted:

With some of those (looking at you, Raft), there's not much choice. A free 6-cost card is ridiculously powerful and unless you are mathematically certain you're winning anyway, you should basically always retreat if your opponent gets one and you don't.

Don’t fully agree. Putting four in Raft early often means you are clogging it with weenies. If you lack a way to add power to a full lane, you are giving your opponent a potentially easy pickup for an unknown six drop.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

uXs posted:

Oh yeah its great until you end up with 0 power Knull or a Destroyer with no way to protect yourself.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
raft's on the left, i draw giganto

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Skippy McPants posted:

The symbiote location kinda does this by compressing all your power there into a single card. No as good as more actual space, obviously, but I doubt the game is coded to allow that, at the moment.
I would agree except the fùuuuuuuucking symbiote is a one cost. Such an easy change to make it a good location.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Thank you for this explanation. I try to measure my conf bias but it definitely felt like ive seen certain locations way more on the weekends but chalked it up to me paying less attention

Featured locations are 40% chance to appear for two days. Hot locations are 60% chance to appear for one day.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

No Wave posted:

I would agree except the fùuuuuuuucking symbiote is a one cost. Such an easy change to make it a good location.

Yeah pretty much this. The power swing of tech'ing in a simple Elektra when Klyntar is around can be absolutely hilarious.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Looking at Negative Surfer decks...

How critical is Bast? I have everything else, but I don't have Bast. (And I still lack Sera.)

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

CitizenKeen posted:

Looking at Negative Surfer decks...

How critical is Bast? I have everything else, but I don't have Bast. (And I still lack Sera.)

I've primarily played Negative Surfer with Sera (and Zabu) and that version feels more than fine without Bast. Obviously cut Adam Warlock as well since he's terrible in the non-Bast version.

I think the lack of Sera may be pretty painful but others here may have more experience with Negative-no-Sera.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My experience with Klyntar is no one plays there until after turn 4.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

I legit love this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Studio posted:

My experience with Klyntar is no one plays there until after turn 4.

Klyntar's great for my Knull deck. Dump a bunch of stuff there and then Killmonger it for a giant boost

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Opopanax posted:

Klyntar's great for my Knull deck. Dump a bunch of stuff there and then Killmonger it for a giant boost

lol. I literally just had a match where I did this except w/Venom instead of Killmonger. I also learned that Electro's ongoing doesn't go away when he's been wrapped in the symbiote which seems....weird.

Also people are absolutely still not prepared for a T5 Knull followed by a T6 Zola. Knull comes down and I've seen every tech card I can think of trying to pick it off but Zola's too fast 4 u.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

FYI Doombots dont live with the rickety bridge location

I dont know why I prep a deck for a featured location like this. Everyone pulls out their storm and magiks and youre just playing a normal game. I guess just regular decks with Death/Colossus now

Especially at higher rank and mmr.

Want to farm cubes today and tomorrow, put armor (if she wasn't already there) in your best deck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

RevKrule posted:

I also learned that Electro's ongoing doesn't go away when he's been wrapped in the symbiote which seems....weird.

It does but the visual effect doesn't, you should still be able to play cards though

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

FYI Doombots dont live with the rickety bridge location

I dont know why I prep a deck for a featured location like this. Everyone pulls out their storm and magiks and youre just playing a normal game. I guess just regular decks with Death/Colossus now

That or they spam Deadpool into Moon Girl Death which is coincidentally broken on all of these recent ones. I just run Armor during these and snap when I drop it after seeing their plan.

And for Doom to work here you need to put him behind Invis Woman so the bots go off after T6 ends.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress, I'm losing left and right with this stupid bridge. Went from 43 to 40.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I literally never played my Knull until this stupid loving location but if everyone's gonna tech in Deadpool and Death and other stupid pieces like that, fine, I'll play that game on my terms.

On the one hand I absolutely hate having to create 2 new decks a week just for 1 24 hour location and 1 48 hour location but also I think it's good to keep the game feeling fresh. I just wish they have better ideas than "destroy" and "do not play."

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Yeah, this is the first location that has made me just stop playing the game. What an aggressively unfun location, especially when combined with the litany of other locations that stop you from playing the game.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Ugh I just pulled orka from a box, never been so sad to get a tier 4 card.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

RevKrule posted:

I literally never played my Knull until this stupid loving location but if everyone's gonna tech in Deadpool and Death and other stupid pieces like that, fine, I'll play that game on my terms.

On the one hand I absolutely hate having to create 2 new decks a week just for 1 24 hour location and 1 48 hour location but also I think it's good to keep the game feeling fresh. I just wish they have better ideas than "destroy" and "do not play."

I don’t mind making decks for these locations, but I very much mind the 48 hour duration of the featured location. It’s way way too long and ensures that I have to do at least 8 quests with the location up (or forfeit those quests). A lot of quests are bad enough to start with and purely terrible with the featured location.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just unlocked Cerebro. Is there any value in a C3 deck without Mystique or am I setting myself up for frustration?

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Pretty much any reasonable Cerebro deck requires Mystique.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
Galactus in my store. Pinned until I can save the tokens for him since he seems like the only buy that is for sure worth it. How long does it take to get 1100 tokens? (don't tell me I don't actually want to know :/)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

On the one hand, my dino deck doesn't really have an answer for the bridge. On the other hand, it's very funny when Mantis/Cable pulls the opponent's Colossus or Bucky.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cattail Prophet posted:

On the one hand, my dino deck doesn't really have an answer for the bridge. On the other hand, it's very funny when Mantis/Cable pulls the opponent's Colossus or Bucky.

Armor shuts down bridge decks hard and enables yours to play there.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Bottom Liner posted:

Armor shuts down bridge decks hard and enables yours to play there.

I’m getting a lot of joy from hitting Armor enjoyers with Enchantress after they’ve invested in the bridge.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

JackDarko posted:

I’m getting a lot of joy from hitting Armor enjoyers with Enchantress after they’ve invested in the bridge.

you are a monster

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just got my FOURTH Storm variant. Why do they have such a hard-on for Storm?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I wish I could trade in my pixel variants for credits or something. Heck even some smart aleck titles. They belong in the trash!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Magneto fuckin rules in this location. Kill em all, let god sort them out.