Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (May 01, 1955)

Aleta, as bold and clever as can be!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Demons of Baseball be like "woooahhh Planck and Maggie are gonna see each other for the first time in two years" and I'm over here like "I really hope Winnie goes back to visit his family. :qq:"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Aleta is all like "Oh I'm in difficulty here with these people, well the first step is simply to become their Queen and then we'll figure it out from there..."

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (March 6, 1935)

Peanuts (January 21, 1976)

Miss Peach (July 5, 1989)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 19, 1939)

Out Our Way (November 7-9, 1940)

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

Wow look at the passion and surprise on that guy's face when he sees it's a super rare comic! He just lights up the page and really gets across to me what a stunner of a find that it!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
the bus

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hempuli posted:

I assume the green thing is a pouch of wasabi and the other thing is a little plastic bottle of soy sauce. Nekonaughey doesn't know what to do with the unused sauce. Much like me when it comes to the pickled ginger that comes with sushi...
Allegedly you're meant to eat the ginger between different types of sushi dishes to cleanse the palate.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Drakyn posted:

Allegedly you're meant to eat the ginger between different types of sushi dishes to cleanse the palate.

I know, but so far I've preferred just not eating it :mad:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hempuli posted:

I know, but so far I've preferred just not eating it :mad:
:same:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wicked is not my favorite musical, but it's hard to argue that Defying Gravity isn't the best act break song ever written.

This has been your Broadway Opinion Moment.

A+J

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

I generally like Sally Forth, but this got a real laugh from me

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1980 comics

My god, 80's Mary Worth was such a poo poo stirrer. These people haven't even moved in and she's getting poo poo for letting them in and she's here supposedly trying to get some support for her decision and still she can't resist poisoning the well.

Luann

Gil Thorp

That is 100,000% the Tiger King

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Gil Thorp

That is 100,000% the Tiger King

Are a bunch of cartoonists just now getting around to watching Tiger King or is the lead time on these WAY longer than we thought?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Doomykins posted:

Demons of Baseball be like "woooahhh Planck and Maggie are gonna see each other for the first time in two years" and I'm over here like "I really hope Winnie goes back to visit his family. :qq:"

Yeah, I keep thinking of that old lady running her shop in Squid Game while her rear end in a top hat son will never come home :cry:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Yeah, but I can't see that lizard in the tree as anything but a chameleon, which would be Africa.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

maltesh posted:

Yeah, but I can't see that lizard in the tree as anything but a chameleon, which would be Africa.

I spent a few minutes trying to remember the difference between new world monkeys and old world monkeys (those look big, but the tail is right).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

TegneHanne

Noor

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Ozone layer is on the road to recovery.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
The Antique Dealer’s Tale

Cthulhu and Girl: two pages today because dialog’s strung between them

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mothafucking Big Olaff

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
So this came in the mail yesterday:

I've only just scratched the surface with it but there are pages of information that are immediately applicable to the current story I'm sharing. When I get a chance I'll add those factoids into the mix. The book has amazing production detail and is well worth the price; I pre-ordered my physical copy last summer for around $45, but you can get a digital edition here, if you're curious.

The one thing I saw during my initial scan of the pages is this: the Modesty Blaise Companion is back in print! It's a new addition with additional details and costs around 40 pounds. To ship it stateside doubles that cost (around $100). The printing is limited to 400 copies, so if you're interested, don't delay! I ordered mine this morning and will layer details from it into my posts when I receive it.

Now, onto the War-Lords of Phoenix:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 12/1-3/49

Albert means Hopalong Cassidy.

Archie 4/8-10/46

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

B. Virtanen

ANSU

Fingerpori

The first two were way too comprehensible so let's have a third one:

Tanko = (metal) bar
Tangot = (metal) bars
Tangot (or is it tangat?) = skimpy underwear, not sure exactly what kind or where the name comes from but think strings or such

Roikkua = to hang from something
Roikkua = to hang around somewhere

"Tangoissa roikkuminen kielletty" = "It is forbbiden to hang on the (metal) bars"
"Tangoissa roikkuminen kielletty" = "It is forbbiden to hang around in skimpy underwear"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This one got a real chuckle out of me.
This is great!

Hempuli posted:

The first two were way too comprehensible so let's have a third one:

Tanko = (metal) bar
Tangot = (metal) bars
Tangot (or is it tangat?) = skimpy underwear, not sure exactly what kind or where the name comes from but think strings or such

Roikkua = to hang from something
Roikkua = to hang around somewhere

"Tangoissa roikkuminen kielletty" = "It is forbbiden to hang on the (metal) bars"
"Tangoissa roikkuminen kielletty" = "It is forbbiden to hang around in skimpy underwear"
How on earth do people have conversations over there?

F Minus

:china:

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Wait that's Estelle not Iris.

Anyways, if she chooses Wilbur over this guy I'm gonna be pissed.

The Phantom

Wilbur got drunk and climbed the tower.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Wilbur got drunk and climbed the tower.
The Bandar took that oath the Phantom made to destroy advice columnists SERIOUSLY.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

June Having A Really Annoying Day is somehow more interesting than the past several Rex Morgan arcs.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

Mark Trail

Between the hat in panel 4 yesterday and this panel 4 today Mark Trail is now discarding perspective too, I suppose! If those kids stood up they'd be a head taller than Mark. Maybe he sat down, while driving? And in a life or death emergency. Taking it easy! :buddy:

:v: Why the set up of the tracker? Here's a wacky idea: you can call Mark to see how things are going. Good thing Cherry read the script and knows he'll lose or damage his phone, probably.

Ah well. You know Trail is getting good(for mocking) when the rate of errors picks up.

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Looking forward to the kids getting shittier and shittier as mom struggles to get past an ever growing conga line of medical emergencies.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

This comic is growing on me

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Frankly I am enjoying June going about her day, helping some people, and generally being lightly disgruntled.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Mud Man was kind of a let down, so I'm excited to see the increasingly escalating medical emergencies June deals with.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey

oh no i suppose he will just have to eat it, what a tragedy, couldn't be helped :shobon:

(what's the difference between "plain" and "vanilla"...?)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

someone awful. posted:

oh no i suppose he will just have to eat it, what a tragedy, couldn't be helped :shobon:

(what's the difference between "plain" and "vanilla"...?)
Vanilla is vanilla-flavored.

Clearly Nekonaughey just bought a big tub of unflavored ice cream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Translation-wise; the plain icecream is actually just labelled "ice[cream]" rather than having its flavour on the top which seemed incongruous to the ones already in the freezer so the distinction I chose to draw between the two is that plain (vanilla) is not the same as vanilla (French vanilla).