Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I'm still salty we didn't get street musician Rosalina in Odyssey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is it practical to rent a VR headset? I want to play Half Life Alyx but that's all I'd want it for.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The next mario game is gonna be the mario movie: the game :)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Draga posted:

I'm still salty we didn't get street musician Rosalina in Odyssey

Rosalina the Rock

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been doing a 2nd playthrough of Death Stranding. Its been a few years since I last played it. Game is still really good. So excited for the sequel.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

i wanted super mario world advance but my mom got me wario land 4 instead and it was one of the best mistakes she ever made

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is it practical to rent a VR headset? I want to play Half Life Alyx but that's all I'd want it for.

I once picked up a vr headset at a convention intending to try it out, but the stench was so overwhelming I had to immediately put it down

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That was because someone had been using it five seconds ago, presumably a rental would be refreshed after the last person turned it in

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm finally getting around to playing the big pokemon game everyone's been talking about

that's right, pokemon snap

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm finally getting around to playing the big pokemon game everyone's been talking about

that's right, pokemon snap

:haibrow:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hey gamefreak: pokemon snack, a cooking mama clone with pokemon. please PM me for the mailing address to put on the check

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about this: Pokemon Adamantium and Pokémon Mythril

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

hey gamefreak: pokemon snack, a cooking mama clone with pokemon. please PM me for the mailing address to put on the check

Great idea, imagine getting to fry up some bellsprout and roast a miltank

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1615817793949122560

it's joever

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halo Infinite had so much potential

Rip

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've now played a game, be aware thread

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished a game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

How many paths did you take?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sin and punishment, on the n64, to be exact. pretty cool! i dig the unconventional controls

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Pokémon Violet complete! 2nd game of 2023 done and I’m on a roll. I think this beats HeartGold as my favourite Pokémon game.

Next up I think I’ll get back to Xenoblade 3 or start Majora’s Mask.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Looper posted:

sin and punishment, on the n64, to be exact. pretty cool! i dig the unconventional controls

That's a pretty good game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sin and Punishment 2 has more conventional controls but is really good. Perfect swan song for Treasure the developer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had 20 vigor until everyone in the discord made fun of me for it (someone posted the elon build)

Now I have 30, since one flask doesn't fill it all up and there's no waste, i will probably leave it at that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

How many paths did you take?

I went East in Freeway Warrior instead of West, only time can tell what else I do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had 20 vigor until everyone in the discord made fun of me for it (someone posted the elon build)

Now I have 30, since one flask doesn't fill it all up and there's no waste, i will probably leave it at that

This guy leveled Vig lmao, might as well let hand someone else the controller if you wanna play baby mode lol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's ok, they're still a real person as long as they didn't level dex

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've been playing some Bully. I thought I'd played this game before but I must have just sporadically watched an LP or something because I don't remember 95% of this poo poo.

It's a lot of fun and has the best writing I've seen out of a Rockstar game. Tons of little scripted moments that take me by surprise. Like a bunch of kids standing around the school's entry hall watching a firework go off, only to all be blown on their asses when it explodes. Or a nerd screaming "WELCOME TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN!" before stealing my date's textbook and flinging it at her.

I also love how exaggerated the conflicts between the cliques are, every day getting to classes is like wading through a fight club until everyone sprints for class right before the bell.

Can't wait to play more. Bully 2?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I've been playing some Bully. I thought I'd played this game before but I must have just sporadically watched an LP or something because I don't remember 95% of this poo poo.

It's a lot of fun and has the best writing I've seen out of a Rockstar game. Tons of little scripted moments that take me by surprise. Like a bunch of kids standing around the school's entry hall watching a firework go off, only to all be blown on their asses when it explodes. Or a nerd screaming "WELCOME TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN!" before stealing my date's textbook and flinging it at her.

I also love how exaggerated the conflicts between the cliques are, every day getting to classes is like wading through a fight club until everyone sprints for class right before the bell.

Bully is one of the greatest games of all time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RBA Starblade posted:

It's ok, they're still a real person as long as they didn't level dex

I am going Dex/Int for dual wielding whips with Hoarfrost Stomp

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PantsBandit posted:

Was it easy to get working properly?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bully is anime (it takes place at a high school)

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

HopperUK posted:

Was it easy to get working properly?

Yeah I didn't have any issues.

Probably best to play with a controller though bc there's a lockpicking minigame where you have to do circles with the joystick.

There's something very appealing about a game where the seasons change. It's mid fall so I'm currently rocking a sweater and slacks combo. But I'm stocked up on warm clothes for the winter.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I didn't have any issues.

Probably best to play with a controller though bc there's a lockpicking minigame where you have to do circles with the joystick.

There's something very appealing about a game where the seasons change. It's mid fall so I'm currently rocking a sweater and slacks combo. But I'm stocked up on warm clothes for the winter.

Nice! I love Jimmy, what a little poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gaius Marius posted:

Reported, enjoy your time in the game slammer

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaius Marius posted:

Bully is one of the greatest games of all time.

It was so great, I hold out hope for a follow-up at some point.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm gonna buy the rain world dlc tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Mango_WasTaken/status/1615840363591176194

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Nice! I love Jimmy, what a little poo poo

i know jimmys a little prick but i love him

i feel bad for him cause i know that feeling so well of being stuck in a lovely situation cause my mom married a total douche canoe

garys just needs to take his meds. he has some loving problems but he was better when he was taking them

i never finished bully, got past the first section and got to chapter 2 so i should fix that someday

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The most surprising thing that I find that I've lost as the youth of yesterday is stripped from my form is the ability to read and understand the text of pages of the web, even the compelling essay I'm currently engaged with is causing immense amount of physical strain on my body, the eyes unfocused outside mine ability to rein them in and my mind finds itself repeating the last instead of the current.

When one considers the simplicity I feel in reading of novels or short stories in papered backs or read on e I find the entire internet project more malicious in aesthetics than previous.

Why for cannot we White on Black for default and fonts of pleasure rather than this arialized atrocity. Even the width and size displayed is of much discomfort to me, one considers the war crimes of the 1.0 web with fondness when forced to deal with the malicious minimalism of now.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I thought I was going nuts because I can’t parse some articles on certain websites, but I’m able to read a normal book fine so I’m not sure what my deal is. It’s like my brain goes on vacation when I’m using the internet and comes back when I’m reading a book

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'm playing Avatar the Last Airbender for the GameCube via Dolphin, after running into a bug on an emulated Wii version where no cutscene plays after the end of the second boss fight so I'm stuck, and also when you save in the area before said boss fight, I get infinite loading and a corrupted game. In the cave area in the first map, I fell off a rock bridge where it felt like there should've been an invisible wall, and then I couldn't see Aang because he was under the bridge and couldn't figure out how to get back up. Just for the suspicion that something weird would happen, I tried activating Momo Mode and that led to an infinite loading screen with a cycle of Momo running from the left to right side of the screen, which I'd never seen before. (Not game-breaking, though, since it's easy to stay on the rock bridge without trying to bump against an invisible wall on purpose.)

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's because if you're looking at a computer screen your brain is waiting for an alien to pop up so you can blast it with a shotgun