Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was asking why people thought Boba Fett was cool 25 years ago and I'm glad that time has finally proven me correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Boba Fett should canonically be in his late 30s in the Book of Boba Fett lol

He looks like he did half of his 1000 year sentence inside the Sarlaac and then ate his way out

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its because they took what they had written for the thicc chick to have to her own show and changed it to boba fett.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

I was asking why people thought Boba Fett was cool 25 years ago and I'm glad that time has finally proven me correct.

He looks cool.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Boba Fett is the Omar Little of Star Wars

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why are you guys so addicted to Star Wars. How bad does it have to get before you move on

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I peaced out when they gave a scientific explanation for the force in the prequels

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Boba Fett had to take over the Tatooine underworld because that size 44 beskar belt ain’t paying for itself

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1615748802736160770?s=20&t=5w0EBsA7UuvqIPoUsS45Ug

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Pron on VHS posted:

Why are you guys so addicted to Star Wars. How bad does it have to get before you move on

Andor is good, but I've skipped basically everything other than the movies

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

lol me every time except I never got into Star Wars in the first place.

Also, Vile > Boba Fett :v:

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I have yet to watch Andor, but the only thing I really hate about Star Wars is Rise of Skywalker. JJ Abrams was just lazy with that entire movie. Episode 2 wasn't good, but everything else is like... fine, at worst imo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Snake? Snake?!?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKE?!?!?!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Its Rinaldo posted:

They just had to do Space Sapranos, was that so hard?

They were trying for Space The Godfather Part II and failed.

Disney should stick to ripping off old Japanese manga/movies like they did with The Mandalorian.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
First 3 movies, Thrawn trilogy books, maybe the Rogue series if you want to be expansive. That’s canon baby

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Android Apocalypse posted:

Disney should stick to ripping off old Japanese manga/movies like they did with The Mandalorian.

Yakuza Boba Fett

Pron on VHS posted:

First 3 movies, Thrawn trilogy books, maybe the Rogue series if you want to be expansive. That’s canon baby

Thrawn's been mentioned in Mando

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I personally think Rogue One is a criminally underrated movie. I rate it #3 because A New Hope has my nostalgia vote but I really think it's up there fighting with Empire.

And like all good Star Wars, it rips off a movie genre, just happens to be ripping off The Dirty Dozen instead of The Dam Busters or Seven Samurai or Errol Flynn movies

edit: my kingdom for a Star Wars movie that rips off The Enemy Below or Das Boot, somehow

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 19, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Star Wars version of Vagabond about a former jedi who commits unspeakable acts of violence during fights

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Rogue Elephant posted:

I personally think Rogue One is a criminally underrated movie. I rate it #3 because A New Hope has my nostalgia vote but I really think it's up there fighting with Empire.

And like all good Star Wars, it rips off a movie genre, just happens to be ripping off The Dirty Dozen instead of The Dam Busters or Seven Samurai or Errol Flynn movies

edit: my kingdom for a Star Wars movie that rips off The Enemy Below or Das Boot, somehow

Rogue One is my third-favorite one too and people look at me like I'm doing a hot take when I say it. It's so good

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Wrath of Khan is the best St ar War

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I still wanna see the version of Rogue One that got gutted for going too hard on the “the Rebels are terrorist guerrillas” storyline, it sounds like a blast. So basically Andor but a movie version.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Wrath of Khan is the best St ar War

I very much hope you have not spoken into existence some producer reading this and deciding a melding of these universes is the way to go.

Or maybe I do, burn it all down gloriously. You'd definitely end up with some funky shows going on.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

Rogue One is my third-favorite one too and people look at me like I'm doing a hot take when I say it. It's so good
It's...fine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rogue Elephant posted:

It's Star Trek, not Wars, but Balance of Terror from TOS is a pretty good submarines in space episode.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
DS9 Supremacy

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

It's Star Trek, not Wars, but Balance of Terror from TOS is a pretty good submarines in space episode.

Yeah, Balance of Terror is basically Run Silent, Run Deep, but in a Trek setting.

Coincidentally, Run Silent, Run Deep was directed by Robert Wise, who would go on to direct Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Its Rinaldo posted:

It's...fine.

That's pretty much how I feel about Rogue One. The third act is incredible, but the movie really drags in the middle. The reshoots are incredibly obvious, too, when you look for them, just from how drastically actors' weights changed. Reminds me of Joel Kinnaman being about 20 pounds lighter in the re-shot scenes of the first Suicide Squad movie; he looked positively gaunt.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 19, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I first saw Rogue One in theatres around Christmas but half of the time I was paying more attention to taking care of my mom (who had MSA-C). The score not being John Williams also threw me off as some notes made it sound like they were going to use the original score… before it veered off to do its own thing.

Watching it again later with my full attention and I enjoyed it.

I haven't seen any of the Star Wars animated shows and I guess I'm missing some inside things when watching stuff like Andor?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The score not being John Williams also threw me off as some notes made it sound like they were going to use the original score… before it veered off to do its own thing.

The score was incredibly rushed. Alexandre Desplat was working on the movie until Gareth Edwards was fired and Tony Gilroy took over to write and direct the re-shoots and new scenes. Desplat had to step out and Michael Giacchino had a month to compose the movie's score, which is why it sounds so half-assed.

I generally like Giacchino as a composer, but occasionally he overstretches himself with too many projects and stuff like Rogue One is the result.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I didn't realise they switched composers too. That totally makes sense now.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I first saw Rogue One in theatres around Christmas but half of the time I was paying more attention to taking care of my mom (who had MSA-C). The score not being John Williams also threw me off as some notes made it sound like they were going to use the original score… before it veered off to do its own thing.

Watching it again later with my full attention and I enjoyed it.

I haven't seen any of the Star Wars animated shows and I guess I'm missing some inside things when watching stuff like Andor?

Bad Batch is kinda fun. Never watched Clone Wars.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/HamHock42/status/1615764021595996171

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm a fan of 'can you throw away body parts?'

Second place is Hacksaw: good for dismembering or no?

e: also a fan of 10 ways to dispose of a body if you really need to because someone has published that article, and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 19, 2023

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I want to be the Buzzfeed editor that gets the article "10 ways to dispose of a body if you really need to" slid across their desk

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pron on VHS posted:

The Rogue books (And comics) are solid enough, and mainly serve to lead to the Wraith books, which are great. Also Shadows of the Empire :v:

Freaquency posted:

Bad Batch is kinda fun. Never watched Clone Wars.

Clone Wars at its high points is excellent. You don't need to watch the whole series, I think the guide list that another goon recommended to me and I've passed along since cuts it down from 130~ episodes to about 70~ (Which would coincidentally about match Rebels' run of 75 episodes), and you could probably trim a few of that depending on tastes, but the high points of it are awesome, and it now lays the ground work for stuff that later comes up in Rebels, Bad Batch, Andor, Rogue One, and Mandalorian. Rebels is really good too, with some outstanding points (Vader's appearance, Thrawn, Twin Suns and the resolution of Obi-Wan and Maul), and while it doesn't quite as consistently hit the highs of Clone Wars, it doesn't have the same lows.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

I’m partial to “is it better to throw crime scene clothes away or wash them”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

e: also a fan of 10 ways to dispose of a body if you really need to because someone has published that article, and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Falling for clickbait, even when the clock is ticking on the murder you just committed

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

fartknocker posted:

The Rogue books (And comics) are solid enough, and mainly serve to lead to the Wraith books, which are great. Also Shadows of the Empire :v:

Clone Wars at its high points is excellent. You don't need to watch the whole series, I think the guide list that another goon recommended to me and I've passed along since cuts it down from 130~ episodes to about 70~ (Which would coincidentally about match Rebels' run of 75 episodes), and you could probably trim a few of that depending on tastes, but the high points of it are awesome, and it now lays the ground work for stuff that later comes up in Rebels, Bad Batch, Andor, Rogue One, and Mandalorian. Rebels is really good too, with some outstanding points (Vader's appearance, Thrawn, Twin Suns and the resolution of Obi-Wan and Maul), and while it doesn't quite as consistently hit the highs of Clone Wars, it doesn't have the same lows.

The new Alphabet Squadron books were pretty drat good, each member has a different class of fighter and huge emotional scars. It takes place right after the war and dealing with the former Imperials and warlord splinter groups. Fits in well with the feel of R1 and Andor

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a sexual elk posted:

The new Alphabet Squadron books were pretty drat good, each member has a different class of fighter and huge emotional scars. It takes place right after the war and dealing with the former Imperials and warlord splinter groups. Fits in well with the feel of R1 and Andor

Yeah, I really liked the Alphabet Squadron trilogy and Alexander Freed has been one of the handful of writers in the NuEU I've consistently enjoyed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

I’m partial to “is it better to throw crime scene clothes away or wash them”

I'm partial to the first search being "what's the best state to divorce for a man"

Also against all odds it appears to be real. I should have also linked the story

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/2023/01/18/brian-walshe-google-searches-ana-walshe-case/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

I'm partial to the first search being "what's the best state to divorce for a man"

Yeah that actually even made me laugh a little. And the inheritance one.

He is hopelessly, terrifically hosed if that passes by the eyes of the jury.