Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Today's gift from past me:

Pins

Starry night pin going in my basket for my pin wall. Gunna be pissed when we move to an open seating plan.

A reminder that a Kirk van Houten 'csn I borrow a feeling' pin exists

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrMB5Xy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Snowy posted:

It’s only $20/250 stickers so that’s $10 cheaper for 1000, and it’s probably a better price when you order that many, but you have to ask for a price list.

Yeah it’s probably not worth shipping to Europe but cheapskate Americans in the sticker market might want to check it out

Yeah, if you're American that's a great deal.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tater_salad posted:

Starry night pin going in my basket for my pin wall. Gunna be pissed when we move to an open seating plan.

A reminder that a Kirk van Houten 'csn I borrow a feeling' pin exists

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrMB5Xy

If its the same as the Mulder FBI one its a safetypin back badge rather than a spike-pin, if that makes a difference to anyone.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Saw this pop up in a local facebook thread. I'm assuming it's a scam since eI can't find anything about them and the listing just randomly shows another motorbike, but I want to believe.

Motocompo motorbike

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Isometric Bacon posted:

Saw this pop up in a local facebook thread. I'm assuming it's a scam since eI can't find anything about them and the listing just randomly shows another motorbike, but I want to believe.

Motocompo motorbike

If they are making a rip off motocompo I’ll buy instantly if it’s real

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

This picture is hiding in among all the others which I assume means this is what you'd be getting and their alibi so they can deny any disputes
Looks battery powered to me with random electric scooter parts bolted to a motocompo-ish frame

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

r u ready to WALK posted:

This picture is hiding in among all the others which I assume means this is what you'd be getting and their alibi so they can deny any disputes
Looks battery powered to me with random electric scooter parts bolted to a motocompo-ish frame

Good looking out yeah no!

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

r u ready to WALK posted:

A reverse image search on this reveals it's a Katalis Spacebar . I doubt you'd get one of those either.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's page 666 so

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...id=jVzKmiWEzTFs

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Picked up a cheap digital protractor from Temu.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
A ways back somebody posted these goat pillow covers and I thought it’d be appropriate to resurrect them on account of our page number:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOpcXbu
I bought a half dozen back then and liked the ones with the flowers the most :) I cannot figure out how to post Imgur links from the Awful app ugh hail Satan

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Hello, Police? There's been a puncture!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Horace posted:

How else are you supposed to know Granos is in your tire?

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

666 Shirt:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Facebook Aunt posted:

How else are you supposed to know Granos is in your tire?

Holy Moses

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Horace posted:

getting shot dead because my TPMS contacted the police

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Unperson_47 posted:

Picked up a cheap digital protractor from Temu.

Those two protractors aren’t 2.3 degrees apart from each other. This may not be a reliable instrument.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Package delivered to number 668...

The neighbour of The Beast.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Odoyle posted:

A ways back somebody posted these goat pillow covers and I thought it’d be appropriate to resurrect them on account of our page number:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOpcXbu
I bought a half dozen back then and liked the ones with the flowers the most :) I cannot figure out how to post Imgur links from the Awful app ugh hail Satan

Flowers is my fav too but I love all my goats

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chemmy posted:

Those two protractors aren’t 2.3 degrees apart from each other. This may not be a reliable instrument.

When I worked at a warehouse we had a customer pick up some precision thermometers. He looked at them for a moment and asked us "did you store all of these in the same place?" The guy who'd picked them was a bit puzzled but said "yeah they're all from that shelf back there." So the customer asks "why the gently caress do they all show different temperatures, then?" to which we had no answer.

(I have later been told the real answer is they're not meant to measure air temperature anyway. I don't know how they know they're in air not liquid but :shrug:)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I ordered this page 666 days ago; took long enough to arrive.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who knows how those fuckers were originally calibrated (if they even were).

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

These suck.

The idea is fun, but no matter how much it talks up on the box about how loving incredible the trinkets are, all they mean by that is the bottle opener is aluminum instead of plastic. The solution: start buying cheap little trinkets from Aliexpress that are slightly more exciting than a mustache comb, accumulating them over the course of the year and pack them into crackers, pre-existing or new.

Like these friendly chaps

This will undoubtedly be disappointing looking once it arrives

I bought a knockoff tamagotchi back in my teens at a shady market stall, the thing died if you left it over night. Brutal. Also egg

I see these guys quite a bit locally, but they are much cheaper from Ali

Also bought or under consideration: tiny digital cameras, tiny microscopes and tiny swords. What I still need to figure out is finding crackers fat enough to fit some of these larger trinkets while being easy to disassemble/reassemble. Or maybe some kind of kit, though the ones I've come across have really small, pathetic crackers when I want some chonkers. Some even advertise "No Crack"? What the hell is the point of that.

SCheeseman fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 17, 2023

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Being disappointed by the crap in a Christmas cracker is as much of the nostalgia value as the cracker itself.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It doesn't have to be this way.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Christmas Crackers are lame, just light off some black cats and bottle rockets instead

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The ones we had this year each had a differently tuned whistle so with all 8 you had a full octave and could play little songs.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Hello cheapskates. I have some winter biking gears to recommend. I bike commute in the last 4 winters, stand by all these even though they all very cheap.

1 knee warmers. I have brought probably 10 different knee warmers on aliexpress. These are the best. Most sporty ones are too tight, or too thick and loose. These I can wear comfortably for a whole day. I use them to substitute thermal pants. When its not too cold, I only wear these and one pair of quick dry 4-season pants.

2 "Snow shoes". About $28 a pair. Extremely easy to put on with the gloves. Very warm in subfreezing temperature in the morning. When its above zero, I just wear regular winter crocs and $1 fuzzy socks. I have all the fancy merino whatever technical hiking socks. But I have sweaty feet so I just go back to fuzzy socks. I don't think you need high tech socks.

3 Gloves. I brought these 3-finger lobster gloves. Both are very warm. Search "snowboard gloves" on ali, about $13-17 a pair. The camo one is thicker and warmer. I would get those if the commute temperature is below freezing.

The top one are called called "driving gloves", I wear them in spring and fall. They don't keep warmth but they are silky smooth and very comfortable.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Seriously get pogies if you haven't tried them. They are life changing.

Those knee warmers look good and I'll probably pick up a pair.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My mom uses a tablet for math tutoring which works well but is kind of small for working from home. I've seen a bunch of those portable monitors on AE and thought that there must be models with a digitizer since it's essentially just a laptop screen like the one Chuwi will sell you for $300. And indeed:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001952950574.html

Unlike the tablets for ~serious artists~ it doesn't cost a million but seems to have the MPP pen which work perfectly well for math stuff. Haven't bought it yet so it's not a recommendation.

DRINK ME posted:

Flowers is my fav too but I love all my goats

:getin:

stephenthinkpad posted:

Hello cheapskates. I have some winter biking gears to recommend. I bike commute in the last 4 winters, stand by all these even though they all very cheap.

1 knee warmers. I have brought probably 10 different knee warmers on aliexpress. These are the best. Most sporty ones are too tight, or too thick and loose. These I can wear comfortably for a whole day. I use them to substitute thermal pants. When its not too cold, I only wear these and one pair of quick dry 4-season pants.

2 "Snow shoes". About $28 a pair. Extremely easy to put on with the gloves. Very warm in subfreezing temperature in the morning. When its above zero, I just wear regular winter crocs and $1 fuzzy socks. I have all the fancy merino whatever technical hiking socks. But I have sweaty feet so I just go back to fuzzy socks. I don't think you need high tech socks.

3 Gloves. I brought these 3-finger lobster gloves. Both are very warm. Search "snowboard gloves" on ali, about $13-17 a pair. The camo one is thicker and warmer. I would get those if the commute temperature is below freezing.

The top one are called called "driving gloves", I wear them in spring and fall. They don't keep warmth but they are silky smooth and very comfortable.
Oh that's awesome, my dad uses a bike for commuting and is always searching for stuff like this.

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 17, 2023

mystes
May 31, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

My mom uses a tablet for math tutoring which works well but is kind of small for working from home. I've seen a bunch of those portable monitors on AE and thought that there must be models with a digitizer since it's essentially just a laptop screen like the one Chuwi will sell you for $300. And indeed:
There are a couple Chinese companies like huion that are now pretty established players in the graphics tablet business selling ones with displays for similar prices on Amazon so I would highly suggest going with one of those rather than buying a random one off AliExpress because the quality of the digitizer technology can vary a lot and you don't want to get one that has garbage laptop quality rather than being Wacom level (maybe this one is similar but who knows)

Edit: This huion one is the same size, definitely has an extremely high quality batteryless stylus that is good enough for art, and is cheaper than the one you linked, although you might need a separate stand: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TTN47J

I don't see any reason to go for a random aliexpress one over this

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 17, 2023

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

mystes posted:

Seriously get pogies if you haven't tried them. They are life changing.

Those knee warmers look good and I'll probably pick up a pair.

Agree to this.
Looks like Ali has some (eg https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804581636853.html). These are bigger/warmer than what I need, but general concept is the same. Something like this with light gloves is great.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

There are a couple Chinese companies like huion that are now pretty established players in the graphics tablet business selling ones with displays for similar prices on Amazon so I would highly suggest going with one of those rather than buying a random one off AliExpress because the quality of the digitizer technology can vary a lot and you don't want to get one that has garbage laptop quality rather than being Wacom level (maybe this one is similar but who knows)

Edit: This huion one is the same size, definitely has an extremely high quality batteryless stylus that is good enough for art, and is cheaper than the one you linked, although you might need a separate stand: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TTN47J

drat that's probably way better actually, thanks!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mystes posted:

I was going to say I've bought a couple cheap portable monitors from Newegg, one of which has a touchscreen, and that the price on the AE one looked high to me. I haven't tried a stylus on the touchscreen one I got, for around $100 it is a fairly nice little monitor.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Another new order from Temu:

$3.41 Silicone Stir Sticks for mixing resin

$0.53 Silicone mixing cups for mixing resin

$3.05 Pin backs/clasps for making pins

$4.48 Set of nozzles for the 3D Printer. I'm sure they are all high quality and the nozzle diameters are definitely within spec. lol At least the little wrench will be handy

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Hey y’all got any of them aromatherapy mushrooms?

:nws: just in case

Not linking, just be safe on forum rules, I guess.

Re: stickers, my Jesus “I saw that” stickers and over-door hangers arrived, and I am thrilled.

I’m also going hog-wild on fake legos.

Oh, also:

Doesn’t actually go to the product, unfortunately. Hell of a desk ornament.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
So in November I ordered the Space Balls Winnebago from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003192613257.html

I knew it would be a rip-off of someone's labor of love off Rebrickable, and it turns out it's this:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-37608/MOMAtteo79/spaceballs-eagle-5/#details

Went and bought the original PDF as well, because of course. Finally was bored enough to assemble it with the 4-year-old yesterday because she was home with a cold and the weather was crap.

Review

* Quality of parts: Good. Some feel a bit tight, but nothing unmanageable. Don't think I could distinguish these from genuine Lego bricks in a blind test.

* Quality of instructions: Decent. It's the original PDF, with serial numbers filed off. They added a page at the beginning about a substituted part. The wing assemblies are a bit over-complicated. Can't blame the Chinese for that. No problem completing the build. Definitely needs supervision from someone 10+.

* Missing parts:
No bricks missing.
Stickers for I<3URANUS bumper sticker and EAGLE 5 plates not included (which notably is not mentioned on the shop page). Images for those stickers ALSO not included.
Minifigs not included (they were not in the store pic so was not expecting any).
Two printed slopes (instrument panel) replaced with blank grey and white slopes. I think I have some of those at my mom's house...
The substituted part is this one:

I mean, that's a bullshit part to use in a build so I don't blame the Ali sellers. That's about the only effort they put into this business though.

* Price: A little cheaper than going on Bricklink. Like, 15%. Saves the effort of visiting multiple stores. None of them has more than 90% of the parts currently.

Overall: The feeling of buying a cheaper, Chinese rip-off version of a quality toy.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jan 19, 2023

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
My jackets got in and although they're not exactly tailor fitted, they'll definitely do for something more casual. The shoulders are just right, the arms are okay, but it's a little too tight around the center.

For $25 apiece I can't really ask for that much more.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I think they look pretty drat good unbuttoned, but I’m not the fanciest dresser so I may not know any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone have an ultrasonic cleaner from Ali? Is there some trick to them? I was hoping to clean some coins and some weed paraphernalia but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything.