Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vox Nihili posted:

Big and strong volume shooter, has the size to theoretically play defense but doesn't, committed and effective foul baiter and ref talker, frequently out of shape (particularly at the start of each season), exceptional passer, spams step back threes, regularly puts up stupidly huge numbers in the regular season but hasn't really made a huge playoff splash yet

Now am I talking about Luka or Harden???

you forgot to include a key piece of information: are they fun to watch play? but I suppose that would make it obvious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

you forgot to include a key piece of information: are they fun to watch play? but I suppose that would make it obvious

I don't particularly like watching either of them play but I'm an admitted Harden Hater

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Okay if the Nuggets can't take this home game against Minnesota without Towns/Gobert I'm convinced the Grizz will run away with the West. Lakers looking fraudulent too losing against Sabonisless Kings at home

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

harden has got huge flaws

I honestly kind of hope he just goes back to Houston . it would be ok if he stayed too I guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Memphis is way better than the high altitude frauds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Phill Sacramento Saturday night 👀

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Okay if the Nuggets can't take this home game against Minnesota without Towns/Gobert I'm convinced the Grizz will run away with the West. Lakers looking fraudulent too losing against Sabonisless Kings at home

Lakers are flat out trash without both AD and LeBron healthy

And AD ain't healthy

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The 13th seed, the Lakers, are currently exactly 2 games behind the 5th seed, the Mavs

At first I thought that spoke to how deep the West is but then I ran the numbers and the East is 137-121 against the West this year. euph has been vindicated

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

harden has got huge flaws

I honestly kind of hope he just goes back to Houston . it would be ok if he stayed too I guess

if hardon leads the sixers to a title and wins finals mvp will they retire his number

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Memphis is way better than the high altitude frauds

The fact that their records are close means that Jokic is the runaway MVP :cheeky:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Lakers are flat out trash without both AD and LeBron healthy

And AD ain't healthy

Thomas Bryant had a stretch where he looked like an all star center and Lebron has been playing out of his mind but I guess it's unsustainable

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Thomas Bryant had a stretch where he looked like an all star center and Lebron has been playing out of his mind but I guess it's unsustainable

LeBron has been burning both ends of the candle and roleplayers occasionally step up but the team has no genuine defensive identity without AD. It's like the Warriors without Draymond. poo poo gets out of hand quickly.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the writings on the wall

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

AD coming back at the start of February so I think the Lakers can rise in the jester conference

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Fox and Sabonis should be co-MVPs

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Airball 3 Westbrook

lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LeFuckMe Three

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Looks like the MVP got 7 assists in the 4th quarter against Minnesota and won the game for Denver

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Light the Beam chants broke out at the Crypto Dot Com Arena

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

KINGS 3RD IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE AT 25-18

11-9 ROAD RECORD

LIGHT THE BEAM

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Stop the season now and the first round of the playoffs is... the Kings against the Utah Jazz as 3 vs. 6 lmao

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1615930343919587328

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

euphronius posted:

I’m watching him

he’s fat, does not appear to be in nba shape, plays no defense, no defense at all, his teammates don’t seem to like him that much

he’s been complaining to the refs with more energy than he plays defense

oh you mean like james harden

western conference championship watch out

Vox Nihili posted:

Hardenesque

Vox Nihili posted:

Big and strong volume shooter, has the size to theoretically play defense but doesn't, committed and effective foul baiter and ref talker, frequently out of shape (particularly at the start of each season), exceptional passer, spams step back threes, regularly puts up stupidly huge numbers in the regular season but hasn't really made a huge playoff splash yet

Now am I talking about Luka or Harden???

Yossarian-22 posted:

I'd say what Luka and the rest of the team did to Phoenix on the road in game 7 last year was a splash imo, although Harden got to the conference finals a couple of times too

beaten like james harden and luka doncic in the western conference championship

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

i feel like if you are a fan of a team you genuinely have to believe that your team is a team of destiny and the kings are laying the groundwork for that in a way i feel that the sixers only had when they believed in the ben simmons and joel embiid process combo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i genuinely believe the celtics are destined to win at least 1 (one) more nba championship within my lifetime.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

TDepressionEarl posted:

oh you mean like james harden

western conference championship watch out

beaten like james harden and luka doncic in the western conference championship

I forgot that Harden made the finals with OKC but yeah, the Warriors have been a roadblock in the West for a very long time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

euph has been vindicated

I used to think euph was right about a lot of stuff while being wrong about the method, like the doctor checking up on everyone in the insane asylum by asking them who the president is. First guy says "Four", second guy says "Tuesday", third says "Biden" and the doctor asks him how he knows and he says "Easy, Four minus Tuesday"

Lately though I wonder whether instead of being the doctor we in the thread are in fact the Four and Tuesday guys.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

The fact that their records are close means that Jokic is the runaway MVP :cheeky:

there is no doubt jokic is mvp

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you guys keep bringing up harden who looks like a basketball player. he doesn’t look like a truck driver

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

euphronius posted:

you guys keep bringing up harden who looks like a basketball player. he doesn’t look like a truck driver

this is racist

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

Eleven cubits was his height, four cubits his chest from nipple to nipple? Gilgamesh shouldve hooped instead of tryna kill ppl cause he tall as hell

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:gas:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

scared you cant close this thread too?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

need to get cbo into basketball

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

need to get cbo into basketball

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I went after the holy cow

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
why is this oval office having a continuous meltdown about jokic btw?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is it melting down to say he’s the mvp and one of the best players ever - as good as Larry bird ?

that’s what everyone is saying

it’s the consensus !!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
make jokic the first active hall of famer