Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i would use a cup of the purest water know to man, the water in the bucket from my dehumidifier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

i would use a cup of the purest water know to man, the water in the bucket from my dehumidifier

Just thought about the episode of Dragon's Den where the two guys invented a water machine that served delicious water pulled straight out of the air. One of the Dragons tried it and said it tasted gross, and the guy selling it tried it and grimaced.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
use some beer imo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Use unionised water. That's water made by boiling tory piss and tears.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Huskies do have attitudes and will sometimes have a go at dominance. My malamute had a lovely character and was very well behaved, but very occasionally just decided he was in charge. I did have to pin him when that happened, until he calmed down. It's not easy by any means, but they don't get hurt (aside from their egos).

I heard that supposedly sled dogs are bred to be less obedient and more independent than other breeds because if you're sledding through the wilderness you want a dog that's going to refuse an order to head into a danger which they've spotted but you haven't. No idea how true that is but it'd explain a lot about why Huskies are like they are.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Dogs catching things stories.

One of my brothers used to live in a cottage on the far edge of an estate (posh landowner not council). One evening he took his new partner for a nice walk in the basically unmanaged wild woodland next to the cottage.
His big ol' doofus of a lurcher suddenly took off like a rocket and came back a short time later proudly dragging a young roe deer it had somehow managed to catch and kill. My brother being the practical type was delighted at this free gift of fresh venison and, after collecting some suitable implements, butchered it on the spot in front of his :stare: new girlfriend who was wondering what the hell she'd got herself into.
It was the only thing that dog ever managed to catch.

Wild camping news.
Dartmoor wild camping agreement reached

quote:

..a new agreement means wild camping can continue "with immediate effect".

The "agreement on principle" followed a summit on Wednesday between park bosses and landowners, Dartmoor National Park Authority said.

It said people could now wild camp in some areas of the park without seeking permission from landowners.

These areas would be made clear on a new interactive map to be published on its website.

What the article doesn't mention is that the agreement is that the Park Authority will be paying the landowners who allow this. Which means that taxpayer money is yet again being funneled to the already wealthy.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 19, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Use unionised water. That's water made by boiling tory piss and tears.

I'm not putting piss, boiled, tory or otherwise, in any orifice thank you very much. It travels OUT through one and only one, my cloaca.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Unboiled and untory.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

If you take their trees they can't make paintbrushes

If you gave me 100 baby squirrels I could absolutely take out the entire UK parliament in 2 years. They're savages. Look at that evil face.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Except the SF MPs, squirrels are piss scared of Gaelic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

missing a small green patch in Birmingham for the absolute genocide that used to happen on the road between where I lived and the campus

hundreds of the dead bastards all felled by fenders

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I am not sure that a tory could tweet about any of their staff without implying that.

Consider how many of them are dating their staff, though.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Ohhhh nooooooo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Guavanaut posted:

This can't be right, where are the lib dems?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

josh04 posted:

squirrel killer did represent one of those green districts iirc

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

it is rather funny to me that I have managed to forget her name and remember her only for the squirrel killing memes

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

it is rather funny to me that I have managed to forget her name and remember her only for the squirrel killing memes

Squirrel wallets

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

josh04 posted:

Tiny slither of green on the Tay is

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

??? Looks to me like all of NI has squirrels.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think it must be related to the percentage of speakers in a given area. It's the best explanation for all types of squirrels equally avoiding Gaeltacht, Gàidhealtachd, and Manx.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

https://youtu.be/HjHMoNGqQTI

This appeared on my feed. I was enjoying it as I find Kurzgesagt entertaining but very liberal (and self contradictory) but it quickly swerved into tinhat territory. I've had a look at some of their other videos and they feel a bit tankie.

Can anyone shine a bit more light on them?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

notaspy posted:

https://youtu.be/HjHMoNGqQTI

This appeared on my feed. I was enjoying it as I find Kurzgesagt entertaining but very liberal (and self contradictory) but it quickly swerved into tinhat territory. I've had a look at some of their other videos and they feel a bit tankie.

Can anyone shine a bit more light on them?

Seems like one of the dime a dozen smaller video essayists out there where his video can be hit or miss. Does seem to like Assange tho I'm afraid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-cdpYN06Lc

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

EmptyVessel posted:

What the article doesn't mention is that the agreement is that the Park Authority will be paying the landowners who allow this. Which means that taxpayer money is yet again being funneled to the already wealthy.

what's your source for this? I'd like to pass this on but people like to know where it came from.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The sad fact is there are no squirrels in the western Highlands because it was once temperate rainforest and is now bare tundra and sheep.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

With a few choice substitutions you could make it relevant to the past few years.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I think it must be related to the percentage of speakers in a given area. It's the best explanation for all types of squirrels equally avoiding Gaeltacht, Gàidhealtachd, and Manx.
Might have more to do with presence of woodland imo.

This undated page (as far as I can see) https://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/exploring-the-squirrel-population-of-the-isle-of-man-a-look-at-history-and-environment/ reckons that there are squirrels on Isle of Man but also notes that they are an introduced species since it would be pretty difficult for squirrels to get there on their own.

kecske posted:

what's your source for this? I'd like to pass this on but people like to know where it came from.
Guy from (I think) the Ramblers who was on World At One on Radio 4 today. It's on iplayer if you need specifics. (Might possibly have been part of the hourly bulletin at 2 but pretty sure it was WaO)

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Z the IVth posted:

With a few choice substitutions you could make it relevant to the past few years.

sanitised the Nazis all the way around back into holocaust denial

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

EmptyVessel posted:

I discovered as a child that by trapping a little pocket of air below my cheekbone and rapidly tapping on it I could make a pretty good impression of the angry "chit chit chit" call some squirrels make.

Couple of pages back but I just did this and definitely didn't do it right but it still got my dog VERY interested, like when she sees squirrels

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Especially when there are people starving in the world. Which I hate.

Wow they're already starving, why you gotta hate on them

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Marmaduke! posted:

Couple of pages back but I just did this and definitely didn't do it right but it still got my dog VERY interested, like when she sees squirrels

I want more information about this technique. Is there a guide

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

Excellent! Yeah, the way you hold your mouth and 'tightness' (? I guess) of how you hold the air can change the sound dramatically.
Spread the skill so more people can puzzle their pets and slag of those grey squirrel bastards! Red squirrels are however to be encouraged.

Microplastics posted:

I want more information about this technique. Is there a guide
Eh... I'll do my best, basically trap a small pocket of air between your cheek and the bottom of your cheekbone - similar to one way you can do a Donald Duck voice if that helps. Then, keeping your cheek tight so the air is under pressure tap rapidly on the cheek so the air gets forced out and makes the noise.
I just did it paying close attention and you are forcing the air out round the back of your upper jaw not forward. The tighter you can hold your cheek the higher the pitch, and your mouth shape also changes the sound but I can't think of any way to clearly describe what 's going on...
All the sound comes from the air being forced out no vocalisation involved. Good luck and godspeed in your attempts to learn squirrel swearing.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1616112089851957248?cxt=HHwWgMC4jcPYyu0sAAAA

calling people racial slurs, but unconsciously

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

The sad fact is there are no squirrels in the western Highlands because it was once temperate rainforest and is now bare tundra and sheep.
Aye, people don't appreciate how empty that part of the country is, it's all just mountains

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apraxin posted:

calling people racial slurs, but unconsciously
Support unconscious racists

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

EmptyVessel posted:

Eh... I'll do my best, basically trap a small pocket of air between your cheek and the bottom of your cheekbone - similar to one way you can do a Donald Duck voice if that helps. Then, keeping your cheek tight so the air is under pressure tap rapidly on the cheek so the air gets forced out and makes the noise.
I just did it paying close attention and you are forcing the air out round the back of your upper jaw not forward. The tighter you can hold your cheek the higher the pitch, and your mouth shape also changes the sound but I can't think of any way to clearly describe what 's going on...
All the sound comes from the air being forced out no vocalisation involved. Good luck and godspeed in your attempts to learn squirrel swearing.

Thank you sir :tipshat:

I shall deploy this at the park and report back

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

kecske posted:

In case you are still looking for the source for this, they just played some of the same interview on PM.
It was Guy Shrubsole from the Right To Roam campaign. They've also added some of his comments to the story on BBC News website since I first posted the link.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-64333066

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1616073420474572800?s=19

Keir is such a pathetic wee starfucker

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Better standard of sex workers too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction