Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darth TNT posted:

What about 8 gates?

The overall technique, you mean? Didn't make the top ten

Current secondry poll is Sensei You'd Like To Apprentice With, with Guy, Minato, Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Asuma as options

Sensing some bias here...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

Current secondry poll is Sensei You'd Like To Apprentice With, with Guy, Minato, Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Asuma as options

Sensing some bias here...

"What about Kurenai?"
"A housewife? I think not."

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
More midterm updates on the poll came in. The polls continue to be dominated by Itachi and Minato.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In today's Sasuke and Sakura chapter they actually have the kind of a moment that they've been having in Sakura's head their entire relationship.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The chapter in question:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-6-2/chapter/26092?action=read

The same arc has also begun in the anime as well (Sakura enters the picture this week)

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The way the dinosaurs were brought back makes a poo poo ton of more sense in universe. Didn’t even consider that method but it’s so stupidly obvious in hindsight. The only thing is they weren’t taking damage like an Edo Tensei, which means it’s different somehow here or Sasuke is mistaken.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So who are they sacrificing for the edo? Prisoners?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

So who are they sacrificing for the edo? Prisoners?

The chicken presumably.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

The chicken presumably.

Oh, that makes sense.

My original theory was that he was transforming the chickens into dinosaurs.

You know what would be a cool twist? If he just resurrected them to study the extinct dinosaurs

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Objectively the best plan Zansul rules.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Anybody know when the next Sasuke chapter after this is coming out? Viz didn’t list it on their website like they usually do

Anyway, I didn’t think I’d be this excited about a story starring Sasuke but this has been really good so far (and is probably the best treatment Sakura’s gotten in years)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 14, 2023

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Anybody know when the next Sasuke chapter after this is coming out? Viz didn’t list it on their website like they usually do

Anyway, I didn’t think I’d be this excited about a story starring Sasuke but this has been really good so far (and is probably the best treatment Sakura’s gotten in years)

Going off a glance of the previous chapter releases, it seems to be roughly bi-weekly

Dec 3
Dec 17
Dec 31
Jan 14

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Going off a glance of the previous chapter releases, it seems to be roughly bi-weekly

Dec 3
Dec 17
Dec 31
Jan 14

Which would put the next one roughly around the 28th, thanks

Also why do they refer to what are clearly dinosaurs as “dragons”, is it a Japanese thing or something?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Which would put the next one roughly around the 28th, thanks

Also why do they refer to what are clearly dinosaurs as “dragons”, is it a Japanese thing or something?

Might just be a Naruto culture thing - there's plenty of Jutsu modeled after traditional (eastern) dragons, so it could just be a general "giant lizard" term

Kishimoto originally planned to have Naruto summon fat dragons

(From the first Naruto Databook)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
long dead giant lizards = dragons. it's not a new interpretation by any means.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, that makes sense

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Somewhere in the afterlife, Hashirama is just staring at Tobirama. "Really? Of all the jutsu you could create, that one. Really?"

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Every time someone uses his jutsu to commit mass murder a Tobirama gets his wings.

Kintamarama
Oct 3, 2013
恐竜 kyōryū is Japanese for dinosaur. The two kanji mean frightening and dragon. The translators probably went with "ancient dragon" because they felt it was a cooler localisation.

Though I haven't seen the original Japanese comic, so I could be talking out my butt.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Boruto chapter:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-77/chapter/26061?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
And the Mangaplus version:
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015477

Good chapter. A lot of movement.

I want to believe Himawari is going to do something, but I'm pretty sure it's just a weird joke.

I guess that's how Naruto leaves the story.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Kawaki is such a good villain, it's so tragic watching him spiral while his family tries to convince him he can be a happy person with a regular life (and I like that Hinata just straight up tells him he's tripping)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh wow. Wasn't expecting to hit a Chapter 1 plot point just like that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting the whole Kawaki thing to start happening this soon, looking forward to seeing where things go from here

Based on the new OP it seems like the anime will likely start adapting the manga again soon once the current Sasuke’s Story arc is done

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hypocrisy posted:

Oh wow. Wasn't expecting to hit a Chapter 1 plot point just like that.

I had to go back and reread that to make sure I wasn't missing what they just dropped on us.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I guess going crazy from love isn't just an Uchiha thing?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Darth TNT posted:

I guess that's how Naruto leaves the story.

I wouldn't hold my breath since Naruto has dimension-hopped before, though it finally looks like this chapter is setting up the pieces:

- Naruto and Hinata are out of the picture.
- Himawari may have a unique ability, or this situation will prompt her to become a ninja.
- Himawari is potentially a weakness for Daemon.
- Code's army has the numbers to attack a defenseless Konoha.

The question is will we really have to wait through a timeskip to get to another Invasion of Konoha?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Shneak posted:

I wouldn't hold my breath since Naruto has dimension-hopped before, though it finally looks like this chapter is setting up the pieces:

- Naruto and Hinata are out of the picture.
- Himawari may have a unique ability, or this situation will prompt her to become a ninja.
- Himawari is potentially a weakness for Daemon.
- Code's army has the numbers to attack a defenseless Konoha.

The question is will we really have to wait through a timeskip to get to another Invasion of Konoha?

Boruto seemed at least slightly taller in the opening which makes me think there’s going to be a small timeskip eventually, I could be wrong though.

And yeah, it seems more like Naruto and Hinata got sent to another dimension or something (hopefully that means Himawari will finally get to do something as she is enrolled in the academy at this point if you take the anime into account)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

Boruto seemed at least slightly taller in the opening which makes me think there’s going to be a small timeskip eventually, I could be wrong though.

And yeah, it seems more like Naruto and Hinata got sent to another dimension or something (hopefully that means Himawari will finally get to do something as she is enrolled in the academy at this point if you take the anime into account)

He always seemed slightly older to me as well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

He always seemed slightly older to me as well.

Though with Kawaki already beginning his plans I’m curious how they’re going to justify a timeskip (also in the opening the village is largely destroyed and Kawaki appears to be showing signs of Ohtsutsuki possession)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Larryb posted:

Though with Kawaki already beginning his plans I’m curious how they’re going to justify a timeskip (also in the opening the village is largely destroyed and Kawaki appears to be showing signs of Ohtsutsuki possession)

I think we know now that's gotta be a complete form of Karma, not true possession given how Kawaki was granted it back.

Boruto and Kawaki are def older/taller in the opening sequence from Ch1, so there has to be a time skip and honestly I think they're going to have to take down Code to setup Kawaki having the power to do what we saw there. Easy enough to blame 7th and Hinata getting zapped by the bad guys for now.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kintamarama posted:

恐竜 kyōryū is Japanese for dinosaur. The two kanji mean frightening and dragon. The translators probably went with "ancient dragon" because they felt it was a cooler localisation.

Though I haven't seen the original Japanese comic, so I could be talking out my butt.

For what it’s worth the anime appears to use the term “ryuju” (sp?) to refer to them

Kintamarama
Oct 3, 2013
I’m gonna assume they’re using 竜獣ryūjū, which would mean dragon beast. If you’re into Godzilla, or Pacific Rim, the jū in ryūjū is the same as the jū in kaijū.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Can't say I'm feeling the adaptation of this light novel/manga. The streamlining changes seem to be removing some of the better and more clever bits, such as dropping Sasuke's shadow clone and all the revealed components for Edo Tensei coming at once in one scene.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, the anime version definitely feels like it’s rushing things a bit (hell, it’s been three episodes and they’re already nearly caught up to where the manga is currently)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, have a new Sasuke's Story:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/naruto-sasukes-story-the-uchiha-and-the-heavenly-stardust-manga-chapter-7-1/chapter/26195?action=read

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
legit this is the best character work sasuke’s ever gotten.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
after 24 years I finally like sasuke

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now they just need to stick the landing by having Sakura punch out a T-rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Sindai posted:

Sakura punch out a T-rex

Never have five words brought about such a visceral desire in my soul.