Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Am I justified in assuming anyone using “Thanos was right” is a nazi? Because I assume they’re all nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

WarpedLichen posted:

I hate those along with Ego, because it's not about winning or losing a particular match but because it's actively preventing me from playing with "my" deck. If you have a particular deck you wanted to play with, it's just a random chance to not get to play at all.

The matches are relatively short so it's not a huge deal, but it is a bit distasteful.
I'm like CL 1700 and have seen maybe 5 Ego occurrences (and snapped em all lfg)

Ego rules at the current rate he appears, but yeah don't need him any more than that

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

wyoak posted:

I'm like CL 1700 and have seen maybe 5 Ego occurrences (and snapped em all lfg)

Ego rules at the current rate he appears, but yeah don't need him any more than that

I've come across Ego like three times and on two of them he's played Scarlet Witch on himself and committed suicide by Wanda.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1616133670380916737

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

MrQueasy posted:

Am I justified in assuming anyone using “Thanos was right” is a nazi? Because I assume they’re all nazis.

Same

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MrQueasy posted:

yuuuuup

some kind of eugenics bullshit thinking they wouldn't be in the 50% snapped etc

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

boar guy posted:

opened up the new best title in a cache yesterday.

HEY. Calm Down.
I laughed yesterday because someone's name was Batman and their title was All Rights Reserved

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I don't care that its ability fits the theme for Asgard stuff, Mjolnir should not be an "On Reveal" ability. Makes no sense.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

...why would you not just use the in-game reward track for this? Did they decide to do it after people complained about only getting a title?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Vanilla Bison posted:

...why would you not just use the in-game reward track for this? Did they decide to do it after people complained about only getting a title?

They may need to patch the game to display two objects at that location, or even to change the icon. Not the best maneuver, but players will find out when they get the message.

Also they should rework the rank system this poo poo suuuucks.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Holy poo poo was I wrong about Magneto's effectiveness with this location

Its possible they may just like the Thanos was Right title or havent thought about it beyond "lol" I definitely didnt personally but I mean see above I think about this game very surface level

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

New Leaf posted:

I have the Peach Momoko one and loving love it.

Of all the variants in the game, though, I think Steampunk Moon Girl is my favorite that I own. Even Double D is in leather.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/moon-girl-03/

Edit: I demand an Erica Henderson variant of Squirrel Girl.

OK, that is a dope Moon Girl variant.

Here's what I think the current best Squirrel Girl variant is:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got a doc ock due to district x and you bet I played him on rickety bridge and took out several of the other guy’s heavy hitters like dino, spectrum, etc. This was with an elysium letting me play him extra early too lol.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

Its possible they may just like the Thanos was Right title or havent thought about it beyond "lol" I definitely didnt personally but I mean see above I think about this game very surface level

Yeah isn’t that the same as saying, like, if someone has Iron Man in their deck they must love Elon Musk?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the_steve posted:

I pulled "Absolute Garbage" quite some time ago, and I don't see myself changing it anytime soon

My third title obtained was "If I Lose, Do Not Take Credit" and be damned if I'm ever changing either that or the Goose avatar I use with it.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

Same if they're using a Red Skull avatar

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Vanilla Bison posted:

There's a lot of massive whiners who feel that the card backs should be reserved for infinite and not in the season pass. I assume they finally wore someone down to the point they slapped together a gold colorway for a back already on the track. Since they've already released the season track, they can't alter it so this is the solution.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I'm surprised they haven't started selling emotes yet

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Jehuti posted:

The real problem with this game isn't the locations chaning how you play it's splitting infinites and getting the SAME CARD EFFECTS. that's BULLSHIT

You’ll always get a new combination of foil effect and particle effect.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

poe meater posted:

I'm surprised they haven't started selling emotes yet

It is a matter of time, but I am glad the monetization doesn’t seem to be their #1 priority. Yeah they’ve got a couple whale bundles but they did art credits before they did “pay $5 to upgrade this card now!” stuff.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

The Sean posted:

I can't find an image to link, but this became my first black and white variation... completely ruining how nice this looks.

Like this?

I don't know that the Inked splits look good in general, really. The others on the page similarly get flattened.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AzureFlame posted:

Same if they're using a Red Skull avatar

Likewise, anyone who has ever purchased the chibi Red Skull or put it into a deck should be banned. Whichever loving moron who thought "UwU Hitler" was a good idea for a variant should be fired - preferably out of a cannon.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Just found out the hard way Doc Ock and Death's Domain don't interact how I hoped.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Toebone posted:

Just found out the hard way Doc Ock and Death's Domain don't interact how I hoped.

Were you playing him in the actual location? because the bots live

Petition for a Coward title as I yet again snap retreat thinking I dont have the answer and then realizing I had a line.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 19, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

I got infinite so for me it's a free reward, but announcing this halfway the season is kinda dumb.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

boar guy posted:

opened up the new best title in a cache yesterday.

HEY. Calm Down.

I've been running that one since I opened it awhile back. Love it forever.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Whats the next threshold after 1k card collector? Trying to see if I need to avoid using boosters for a while

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

The Sean posted:

Speaking of variations I found this really pretty one in the shop:

I can't find an image to link, but this became my first black and white variation... completely ruining how nice this looks.
That was the first variant I bought with gold, and I still love it. My second was this Jessica Jones one, which is probably my favorite in the game. I spent a long time forming my deck around these two cards just because I thought they were cool looking.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I think the best adjustment for Zabu is

3 Energy
3 Power
On Reveal: Next turn, your 4 Cost cards cost 2 less (Minimum 1)

This will only affect 1 turn so the opponent needs to choose wisely instead of having a constant overpowered effect, and it allows opponent to counteract with Aero or Magneto later.

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 19, 2023

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Lol that's garbage.

Make Zabu a 4 cost if it's actually a balance issue (it's really not, with the current 4 drops in game).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Electro is more of an issue than this. Especially with all of the locations that kill your cards. I'm actually surprised they haven't released a card that reduces your opponent's energy for a turn considering all of the energy discounts in the game.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

A reverse Tinkerer's Workshop/Project Pegasus location would actually be really interesting.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Got a really good infinity split for my Winter Dino variant: Rainbow Confetti. Works really well with the snow in the background and the infinity border <3

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

What does that make the developers that included that "lol it's ironic" line

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

RevKrule posted:

A reverse Tinkerer's Workshop/Project Pegasus location would actually be really interesting.

That's basically the same as making your cards more expensive for a round, which already exists.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

parasyte posted:

Like this?

I don't know that the Inked splits look good in general, really. The others on the page similarly get flattened.

Yeah, that's it. Thank you.

The colored one just has so much nuance and specificity but the black and white one (as pictured) just washes it all out. I'm sure this isn't the only b/w that doesn't work out but so many other cards (including the base Jubilee) wouldn't be reduced as much as this one.

Ironically, I've had some work in museums and shows despite that I'm colorblind, so some of the variants hit me harder than others.

Jokymi posted:

That was the first variant I bought with gold, and I still love it. My second was this Jessica Jones one, which is probably my favorite in the game. I spent a long time forming my deck around these two cards just because I thought they were cool looking.

Something like this (I feel) works in b/w. I'm not very familiar with Jessica Jones but I'm guessing she has a film noir shtick that works for this aesthetic.

While being ignorant of JJ in general,the base art looks decently like Krysten Ritter who played her in the TV rendition. She was amazing in "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23," as was James Van Der Beek.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 19, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

cgeq posted:

What does that make the developers that included that "lol it's ironic" line

It's a piece of toilet graffiti from an episode of the Hawkeye series, so it's a more appropriate fit than all the "I'm a failure/terrible" lines.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Had to share this one. Right location had a Destroyer and an Armor until I dropped Enchantress on it and the left side was Luke's Bar until the last turn. Too much fun. :D

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, if you think Colossus will win you the Bridge and a second location, I will drop Rogue on you on turn 6. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
That interaction and choosing to steal armor instead of the Cap or Warpath in that same lane usually pisses me off so much when I use Rogue that I completely forgot it could be used here with actual value