Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

EEKA GEEK posted:

It is funny how Nathen clearly writes all of the ad copy despite being almost unintelligible in his sentiments at all times

I’ll have you know an anonymous famous Hollywood writer authored all of Nathen’s ad copy.

Re: the “aisle” thing, he elaborates on it a bit more in that eegeez ad/interview at the end of episode 1 but I forget most of what he said because it wasn’t super coherent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Frank Frank posted:

I forget most of what he said because it wasn’t super coherent.

This isn't as funny as the title we have, but it sure does sum up the Nathen Mazri experience.

e: VV "(cough)"? what the gently caress?

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 19, 2023

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Absolutely amazing, it’s the world’s first phone app infected by Covid-19. I think we need a horrible new portmanteau including “innovation” to describe this. Innogagement? Interovation?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Waddya wanna bet Total Licensing Magazine either isn’t real or that Nathan owns it?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

spidy....

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Waddya wanna bet Total Licensing Magazine either isn’t real or that Nathan owns it?

Bored and did a little looking...

It's a "magazine" insomuch as any listicle/click bait magazines is. Every single "article" is credited to a Rebecca Ash, who must work tirelessly to be writing and posting articles every day and at all hours! It's all just basic press releases about which company is getting this license or that one.

I searched for Egeez on the site; last thing they posted about it was from 2020, promising how Egeez would be up and running that Xmas!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

istewart posted:

Absolutely amazing, it’s the world’s first phone app infected by Covid-19. I think we need a horrible new portmanteau including “innovation” to describe this. Innogagement? Interovation?

Innofection

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1616152106359980085?s=20&t=dlDA59g6pmyiGZZvPUuRbw

Nathen, if you don’t qualify as “Gen X” I will eat my hat.

Also “bad sex life etc.” is a definite lol

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I believe he could definitely be like one year too young for Generation X

Also as someone with Silent Generation parents I think they really get too much of a break when everyone hates on Boomers; my father had no problem getting an academic job with tenure despite barely ever publishing anything; now THAT is indicative of a world that no longer exists, am I right, fellow academics of the GarfieldEATS thread

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I have uncovered some evidence that Nathen might not be the youngest Garfield licensee (in spirit)

From A Tree, a Rock, a Cloud by Carson McCullers. Published in 1942 when she was only 25 years old.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Frank Frank posted:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1616152106359980085?s=20&t=dlDA59g6pmyiGZZvPUuRbw

Nathen, if you don’t qualify as “Gen X” I will eat my hat.

The oldest Millennials are 41 or 42, depending on who you ask. I can fully believe he's about 40 years old. And having a daily crisis over it

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

He is a very bad liar, most sources online have his birth year as 1992, which is clearly untrue.

I think they’re based on his 2019 medium article where he claims to be 27.

But MEL had him at 34 in their 2022 article, and I’m pretty sure that is also a lie.

I suspect he is probably technically a millennial, but only just

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dr. Quarex posted:

I believe he could definitely be like one year too young for Generation X

Also as someone with Silent Generation parents I think they really get too much of a break when everyone hates on Boomers; my father had no problem getting an academic job with tenure despite barely ever publishing anything; now THAT is indicative of a world that no longer exists, am I right, fellow academics of the GarfieldEATS thread

Meanwhile I've had over 16 of the top cited papers published in The Garf Review and still struggling to find any academic work. :(

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Nathen is 29, the worlds youngest 29 year old.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
If Nathen can remember watching the Garfield cartoon on Canadian reruns he is absolutely in his mid thirties or older

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

nathen has brain dysmorphia

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Frank Frank posted:

methinks the garf doth protest too much

there only good sex life is no sex life mirite

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Whenever Egeez isn't on screen, all the other characters should be saying "Oh geeze!".

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Mordja posted:

Nathen is 29, the worlds youngest 29 year old.

Bella Swan: How old are you?
Nathen Mazri: 29
Bella Swan: How long have you been 29?
Nathen Mazri: Did you know I am the world's youngest Arab millenial Garfield-themed restaurant app inventor?

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Paging Chuck Tingle to the thread! Chuck Tingle, please log in to the SA forums for your next project!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Agent Escalus posted:

Paging Chuck Tingle to the thread! Chuck Tingle, please log in to the SA forums for your next project!

Pounded In the Butt By a Dead Gay Forums?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Very sad indeed, but the preferred parlance is “he never scored”

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

istewart posted:

Does...

Is he trying to make a joke out of it going viral?

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lol we must protect the studios at all costs, great selling point for the customer

Also noticing Quick Mobile Licensing for the first time

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Samovar posted:

Does...

Is he trying to make a joke out of it going viral?

This is the closest-to-comprehensible explanation I have yet seen.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
The Apple podcast header on Nathfield’s “show” lists it as releasing biweekly. Means we should be just about due for another episode assuming Nathen hasn’t gotten distracted by something else again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frank Frank posted:

The Apple podcast header on Nathfield’s “show” lists it as releasing biweekly. Means we should be just about due for another episode assuming Nathen hasn’t gotten distracted by something else again.

The Nathfield himself tweeted last week that episode 3 was coming soon and he would never lie to us.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Writing and producing a radio play one six minute episode at a time

Lead time: 2 weeks minimum lol

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

MassRafTer posted:

The Nathfield himself tweeted last week that episode 3 was coming soon and he would never lie to us.

Garfield Washington: “I cannot tell a lie! Mneow!”

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

david_a posted:

He’s using the word “aisle” to imply the physical stores are seedy, dangerous places. You know, just like those alleys aisles (he may literally be mixing up the words) with some poor homeless person sleeping on cardboard next to a dumpster full of cats while there’s a drug deal going down a bit farther down.

I don’t think Nathen has ever been in a toy store.

Nah I'm certain the point he's making is that you don't have to risk possible shame for going into the aisle full of toys meant for 8 year olds and buy one for yourself, as an adult.

Which is the only way I can really read that ad.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

Nah I'm certain the point he's making is that you don't have to risk possible shame for going into the aisle full of toys meant for 8 year olds and buy one for yourself, as an adult.

It took me a very long time to figure out what he was trying to get at but I also think it's this

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I suppose it’s a good thing I can’t follow his logical

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor Butts posted:

Yeah I took it as "Oh now with this stupid app I created you don't have to be shamed for buying a toy from a toy aisle"

Which you know, if you ask anyone who has ever worked retail, they do not give a single poo poo what aisle you're in as long as you're not destroying things, literally making GBS threads on the floor or attempting to kill someone.

No one gives a gently caress what you buy at Target or whatever other big retail store you go to Nathan you dork.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

gotta use [url] tags for mp4s

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

joylessdivision posted:

Yeah I took it as "Oh now with this stupid app I created you don't have to be shamed for buying a toy from a toy aisle"

Which you know, if you ask anyone who has ever worked retail, they do not give a single poo poo what aisle you're in as long as you're not destroying things, literally making GBS threads on the floor or attempting to kill someone.

No one gives a gently caress what you buy at Target or whatever other big retail store you go to Nathan you dork.

The kind of person who is worried about what other people think about them buying toys at a toy store is exactly the kind of person you need to worry about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/theNathfield/status/1618816515826147328

https://twitter.com/theNathfield/status/1618817526976368641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I do love that even as a fictional character he's too lazy to deal with it immediately but instead promises to "look into it" "soon".