Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Viller posted:

Do stereotype jokes bother you that much? You must not be a big fan of standup comedy.

of course a hockey fan would bring this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

of course a hockey fan would bring this up

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yup. the av is doing a looooot of talking where the posting isn't

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Richard “N-Word” Evans, Milwaukee’s Marquis de Sade

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Private Cumshoe posted:

What is the best opinion to have on the race of stormtroopers?

They should all be Dugs, like Sebulba. If they were walking on their hands and shooting with their feet, it would go a long way towards explaining why they can't hit anything, one of the longest-standing plot holes in the franchise.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i consume media with pure disdain and contem,pt for the creators and participants

That's what's sad about Rick and Morty, both the show and the fanbase made taking this objectively correct stance so very easy

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Lmao at hockey guy going "heh, they're just racial stereotypes bro have a sense of humor much".

Just telling on themselves 24/7

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

Chrs posted:

Some shows they show weekly but again months late which means we get Bob's Burgers Christmas episodes showing in like May lol

I just watched this seasons christmas episode and cried because I am grown-rear end man with feelings and poo poo. It might be the most wholesome episode they've ever made.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Also, I will never be disappointed by how many of my fellow white folks are like, well you can't expect much better of normal average white guys

Yes I can, and I will.

hmmmmmmm your mask is slipping.........

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

A Tasteful Nude posted:

Richard “N-Word” Evans, Milwaukee’s Marquis de Sade

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

hmmmmmmm your mask is slipping.........

that postwer also has a simpsons avatar, which is a problematic show that routinely and vigorously perpetuates racial steroetypes. methinks the poster doth tell on themselves too much.,.....

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Watching media before fully researching every name in the credits is ethically irresponsible.

Ashheap Empire
Jul 22, 2000

Kings taste terrible at best
and rest in peace raw
The rest are recipes
*CAAAWWWW*
I think it was on one of the behind-the-scene's dvd extra's for the first season Roiland shits on the floor of the in the RaM conference room just to gently caress with one of the other writers. Imagine the kind of boss who does that. At work, with a camera crew recording. It's not hard to imagine him having a problem not violating women's boundaries.

Edit: Also this. This was the first result I got when I tried to google "Justin Roiland shits on the floor" to make sure I didn't imagine seeing that. ‘Rick and Morty’ Co-Creator Justin Roiland: “gently caress The Union”

Ashheap Empire fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jan 19, 2023

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

that postwer also has a simpsons avatar, which is a problematic show that routinely and vigorously perpetuates racial steroetypes. methinks the poster doth tell on themselves too much.,.....

"I'm going to complain about a small youtube channel that has occasionally made some jokes in poor taste, while promoting the show that made every Desi kid in America's life a living hell of hearing 'Thank you come again!' shouted at them regularly. A show that then spent years acting like their lovely stereotype character was good, actually. See, that's because I can expect better, and I will!"

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

satanic splash-back posted:

Watching media before fully researching every name in the credits is ethically irresponsible.

They trick you by putting them at the end!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there’s no such thing as ethical content consumption

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I fell asleep at Justin Roiland's house and when I woke up there was cum in my ear. Justin said he had no clue how it happened, but we were the only ones there. Still, he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

that postwer also has a simpsons avatar, which is a problematic show that routinely and vigorously perpetuates racial steroetypes. methinks the poster d'oh tell on themselves too much.,.....
hehe

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

there’s no such thing as ethical content consumption

What about ethnical

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

bartok posted:

Adult Swim praying the Smiling Friends guys aren't creeps.

Unfortunately there are credible rumours circulating that Michael Cusack may in fact be an Australian :ohdear:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the new hulu show isnt very good but i will probably keep watching it as something just kinda on in the background while im posting before bed

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

My dad's a huge Lethal Weapon fan and he got real quiet about Mel Gibson's cancelling, never defending him but never really admonishing him either.

A couple years go by and he embraces Mel's comeback tour tour by watching those lovely action movies. One time I mentioned, "Wow you forgave him pretty fast huh?" And he just laughed it off and stayed away from Mel's movies for another year before, again, just going back to watching everything he makes and pretending nothing happened.

This is basically what I expect to happen with R&M fans.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Unfortunately there are credible rumours circulating that Michael Cusack may in fact be an Australian :ohdear:

thats the country with the bad word, right?

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

sure okay posted:

My dad's a huge Lethal Weapon fan and he got real quiet about Mel Gibson's cancelling, never defending him but never really admonishing him either.

A couple years go by and he embraces Mel's comeback tour tour by watching those lovely action movies. One time I mentioned, "Wow you forgave him pretty fast huh?" And he just laughed it off and stayed away from Mel's movies for another year before, again, just going back to watching everything he makes and pretending nothing happened.

Christ man stop ragging on your dad he just wants to sit down and watch some action films.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lmao "stereotype jokes = comedy" is the laziest small brain take possible.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mudskipp posted:

Christ man stop ragging on your dad he just wants to sit down and watch some action films.

mel gibson is also australian which makes him double problematic here on gbs (for obvious reasons)

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

mudskipp posted:

D...Dad?!

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

I'm too old for this poo poo

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Junk posted:

thats the count

:siren:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Hey, did you see that word over there?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

High on Life is still really bad though all things considered

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'There's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism' only applies to essential resources and basic needs, not entertainment. You have choices there. Stop with that.

What's fascinating is I never said people can't watch things or that they need to be idealistically perfect for you to enjoy their content, just that RLM is not a good example to cast Justin Roland against because being *not as bad* isn't a pass.

Also my avatar was free and apparently used to be Jose's. It's from a random 'give me an avatar' thread and then later it got updated to be spooky in a Halloween thread. All of my flair there has been free, which is what makes me most proud of it lol slowly collected over time like a forums creep

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Another free loader attacking the job creators

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

'There's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism' only applies to essential resources and basic needs, not entertainment. You have choices there. Stop with that.

NO. DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Currently trawling Twitter for long form analysis of a new TV show's show runners, actors, writers, producers, and set help to ensure I don't tacitly support someone reprehensible.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

Currently trawling Twitter for long form analysis of a new TV show's show runners, actors, writers, producers, and set help to ensure I don't tacitly support someone reprehensible.

You mean the Twitter that’s owned by Elon Musk?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You mean the Twitter that’s owned by Elon Musk?

lotta posters Showing Their Whoel rear end itt. and i just find it really fascinating how that is happening

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

lotta posters Showing Their Whoel rear end itt. and i just find it really interesting how that is happening

You spelled “rear end in a top hat” wrong.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

lotta posters Showing Their Whoel rear end itt. and i just find it really fascinating how that is happening

It's disgusting and you love to see it

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Literally everyone but you is evil, get used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viller
Jun 3, 2005

Proud opponent of Israeli terror and Jewish fascism!

sure okay posted:

Why do you even care?