Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

Chicago does not feature relatively prominently in America mass media so I guess it doesnt “feel” as important as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

like 7 peole watch network tv

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
theres way more than 7 people age 65 +

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

chicago+

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Look, you need to embrace the CTU (Chicago Television Universe)

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

i guess when WGN was a thing you were watching Chicago channels nationwide. that’s how I became aware of bozo the clown

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
whats wild is bozo was a franchise clown

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh so the Chicago Televisual Universe is the CTU i've heard so much about

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Bar Ran Dun posted:

some folks enjoy being pissy and a bit irritable at each other.

it’s relaxing.

that could be it I guess. If your metro area is truly so good it should be self evident that it is a good and nice place to live. when someone gets aggressive about it just looks like they lack confidence and actually are ashamed of the place they live. You should not be embarrassed by the city you live in, you may not have had a choice! It’s not your fault!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

sonatinas posted:

i guess when WGN was a thing you were watching Chicago channels nationwide. that’s how I became aware of bozo the clown

turn on your TV

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Svengoolie is broadcast nationwide now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

watching my chicago shows on a deep dish tv (crt)

Apr 7, 2003

sonatinas posted:

https://wgntv.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

grandma's Chicago Stories

Apr 7, 2003

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

sonatinas posted:

I left Portland right when T6 was about to shut down in Port of Portland. so I assume now all that willamette valley agriculture is now moving via SeaTac?

my spouse could get a job in Seattle since her field keeps on posting positions and it’s very, very niche however the CoL plus air pollution is going to just keep us in Michigan. probably for the best in the long term.

sort of

all the bulk grain is still out of PTL. the containerized stuff mostly still goes to Portland to be put in cans and then comes up by rail or truck. so the CFS stuff that was down there is mostly still down there. as long as they can pull a can and get back to sea/tac I think it’ll stay put.

so basically only the vessel loading moved.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
jokes on you chicago loves chicago stereotypes

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
people from the northside got mad over that snl skit because it wasn't authentic enough

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin posted:

jokes on you chicago loves chicago stereotypes

half of the governor's success is that he's super fat and jokes about it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

famous chicago resident "mancow"

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

mastershakeman posted:

half of the governor's success is that he's super fat and jokes about it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Al! posted:

ive lived in both portland and new york for many years ama about how insufferable i am about wbat cities are good

please share your thoughts :)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

euphronius posted:

Chicago does not feature relatively prominently in America mass media so I guess it doesnt “feel” as important as it is

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

What

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls009096098/?sort=moviemeter,asc&st_dt=&mode=detail&page=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_shows_set_in_Chicago

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

please share your thoughts :)

america's a bad place man

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im from portland which even people living in portland react like you said you were from funny tv show

city grew way to fast for its level of infrustructure and sucks for you if you didnt move there with enough money to help turn it into san francisco 2 and the transplants decided that this time they were just going to exterminate the homeless

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

where should we all move to? goon compound project in Sweden?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i live in a "city" of 30k now in a rural county and make almost twice what i was making for the same exact job and can afford a much better place and work is 10 minutes away A+ experience would reccommend

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

euphronius posted:

Back when John Hughes was writing multiple movies per year Chicago was much better represented.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

In the 90s Chicago had Chicago Hope, ER, and Family Matters, now it has no hope, no ER, and nothing matters

Idk I’m not clever enough to figure out what to do with ER but thanks for reading my joke anyway

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

In the 90s Chicago had Chicago Hope, ER, and Family Matters, now it has no hope, no ER, and nothing matters

Idk I’m not clever enough to figure out what to do with ER but thanks for reading my joke anyway

whatever happened to predictability?

wait is that the full house theme?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Substandard posted:

Back when John Hughes was writing multiple movies per year Chicago was much better represented.

an incredible documentation of the demented results of white flight

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

small beach town seems like a neat place to live.

do any exist that aren’t playgrounds for the rich?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah it rules here. id look into the southern oregon coast or where that insane bird guy on the bird app (who is martin random lmao) lives on the far northern california coast

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That ship has probably mostly sailed I think but maybe you might find something in the dregs of the South Carolina coast between myrtle beach and Charleston? That area was pretty run down last time I went through, albeit that’s been 15 years. Maybe way down the Texas gulf coast getting close to the border? Possibly southern Louisiana? I’ve never been but I don’t hear it talked about much either

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

try Myanmar

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

yeah it rules here. id look into the southern oregon coast or where that insane bird guy on the bird app (who is martin random lmao) lives on the far northern california coast

I don’t really think the Oregon coast counts unless you want to be socked in eight months a year but if there isn’t an implied ‘nice weather’ then yeah it would work

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rich people dont want to live here because we dony even have a target let alone a crate 'n' barrell

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

My dude, anywhere in the US that is in any way desirable has already been turned into a playground for the wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I don’t really think the Oregon coast counts unless you want to be socked in eight months a year but if there isn’t an implied ‘nice weather’ then yeah it would work

my doctor just ordered me to start taking a massive dose of vitamin d so you might be right there