Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Loucks posted:

I wish I were biking twelve miles right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's because you want to, not have to

My work commute used to be 13mi each way.

It was great, except for all the cars.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Well I'm convinced, I'm going to burn my bike and buy a car and drive more! But wait, flying is even safer than driving! :disneycarsbrainexplodes:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/typewriteralley/status/1615421107884130304

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

This whole website is nothing but extremely stupid content. I meant the one in the link, not the somethingawful.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I've never lived in a home with more than one bathroom

if you read Peter Hook (Joy Division / New Order)'s biography, he talks about how they all made fun of Stephen Morris for being "posh" because his dad's house had two bathrooms.

that's impossible unless you're saying that the ONLY toilet in your house is in the basement.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

King county is a big populous county, even a 1/million event will occur w that many people

yeah but, strangely, it's happening more and more lately.

https://westseattleblog.com/2022/12/shooting-investigation-at-bottom-of-highland-park-way-hill/

https://westseattleblog.com/2022/08/followup-murder-charge-filed-in-longtime-west-seattleites-road-rage-shooting-death-near-costco/

https://westseattleblog.com/2021/08/west-seattle-crime-watch-gunfire-at-5-way-investigated-as-road-rage/

this is just searching "road rage" on my local news site and there's three events in the last two years.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I’m noticing more carjackings too. you know what the best way to avoid carjacking is? that’s right.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
premature carjaculation

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I used to have a 14 mile bike commute. Always the highlight of my day, and it was still faster than driving+parking.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

gently caress that. I want to be home in ten minutes, preferably on foot.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Our carbrained city is fighting to remove existing bike lanes now. https://cyclingmagazine.ca/advocacy/the-toronto-anti-bike-community-is-pushing-hard-to-get-lanes-removed/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That sandwich article site is like a masterclass in being a huge misleading piece of poo poo with numbers lol

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

that's impossible unless you're saying that the ONLY toilet in your house is in the basement.

I spent an evening at a friend's house once where the only toilet was the laundry sink in the basement

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I don't have a basement toilet

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I spent an evening at a friend's house once where the only toilet was the laundry sink in the basement

What the gently caress.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I seriously find it difficult to believe that there was no actual toilet in the house. Also, why the gently caress wouldn't you just leave at that point?!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mystes posted:

I seriously find it difficult to believe that there was no actual toilet in the house. Also, why the gently caress wouldn't you just leave at that point?!

they didn't have to leave until they needed to take a poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I don't have a basement toilet

what did you do to it?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

they didn't have to leave until they needed to take a poo poo
I think at that point it might be a little bit inconvenient?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

mystes posted:

I think at that point it might be a little bit inconvenient?

look man I'm not one of these Type A freaks that's gotta plan their whole night ahead of them, i just go with the flow of my colon

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gently caress that. I want to be home in ten minutes, preferably on foot.

why walk for 10 minutes when you can bike it in 3? I think my best door to door commute time is 3:46, but I was huffing and puffing for a while after. now I take it at around a leisurely 4:40.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Is it gonna just drive through any queues on the highway, leaving a bunch of totaled cars in it's wake? Because if so, it's not all bad.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

webcams for christ posted:

why walk for 10 minutes when you can bike it in 3? I think my best door to door commute time is 3:46, but I was huffing and puffing for a while after. now I take it at around a leisurely 4:40.

my winter commute is 40 mins walking but summer its sub 10 by bike. Miss you summer :(

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I see a jeep with a grille like that around here and it looks like it's constipated

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

too big imo

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Steen71 posted:

Ah, but have you guys considered that driving a car actually has a lower carbon footprint than riding a bike?

Warning: Extremely stupid content: http://www.debunkingportland.com/bicycles_kill_people.html

I'm so sorry.

this reminds me of an analysis i read somewhere about how bicycles do more damage to pavement than cars, because bike tires are narrower, which means the force is distributed in a smaller area. it's really hard to believe if these people actually believe these things

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

My commute is 12 minutes by bike and 25 walking, roughly. I almost always walk though because it's pleasant thinking time. By bike it's a rollercoaster and a lot of work.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

gonna bike to the local cemetery and do some birdwatching

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

mystes posted:

There was a toilet but it was broken

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

There was a toilet but it was broken

i think your original post was incredibly misleading

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

actionjackson posted:

i think your original post was incredibly misleading

I apologize, that was not my intention. The toilet was really really broken I mean entirely non functional

mystes
May 31, 2006

We will have to send in a politifact forensic squad to determine if the toilet was sufficiently broken to have ceased to be a toilet.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

An independent, nonpartisan expert found that the toilet was fully-operational however they noted that "you gotta jiggle the handle a little bit" after every flush. Washington Post rates this claim as Mostly False

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

I apologize, that was not my intention. The toilet was really really broken I mean entirely non functional

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I’m noticing more carjackings too. you know what the best way to avoid carjacking is? that’s right.

oh yeah those too. sometimes you get a theft that turns into a car jacking.

https://westseattleblog.com/2023/01/crime-watch-two-pickup-trucks-stolen-one-at-gunpoint/

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

"this is a tank"

- Michael Tracey

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

"this is a tank"

- Michael Tracey

tank destroyer. no coaxial machine gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I was on a small dead end mountain ski area road today and saw someone managed to flip their vw jetta in area where: The speed limit is 20mph, there are frequently people walking on the road, catching shuttles and poo poo. also at like 10:30am so like bright clear, no bad weather, blue sky day.

just man. what the gently caress