Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah depending on your hand going first the relevant things you can do are:
- make Bagooska in defense position to hopefully ruin your opponent's turn
- send Salamangreat Roar (or Rage if you already have Roar) to the grave with Gazelle and then get it back with its own effect or Sunlight Wolf
- make Heatsoul (usually using Splash Mage, keep in mind that you'll be locked out if you go for Miragestalio first)
- add back Salamangreat Circle with Sunlight Wolf for followup/protection, and trigger Sunlight Wolf to get a monster back for your next turn
At some point you should've gone through Balelynx, which both gets the field spell to enable plays and protects your Sunlight Wolf if you end on it.

None of these endboards are amazing but you have enough space for staple interaction in the deck and you're very good at OTKing on subsequent turns if you've managed to get through all your opponent's interactions. You'll generally be going into either Accesscode Talker made with Update Jammer to make it attack twice (and therefore kill) or ideally Accesscode Talker with Transcode backing it up and blocking your opponent from negating it (Accesscode at 4300 attack linked to a Transcode Talker is lethal damage). Failing that you can try to outresource your opponent by gaining two additional cards from Sunlight Wolf per turn.

I think the deck is decent overall, mainly notable for how close you are to the full deck if you just buy 3 copies of the structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Honestly, it feels that most of the recent structures are, at the very least viable if you get three copies of them and craft a handful of UR staples. Dragonmaids, Zombies and Salamangreat can all be turned into decent ladder climbing decks.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That'll come to an end if the current theory holds up and the next structure deck is Dark Magician, complete with the heavily-begged for Illusion of Chaos.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Looks like there are no limits on Megalith or Impcantation cards for the Master Duel event, so I guess I'll just use my deck from the N/R event.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
On the plus side, Crusadia OTK is basically at full power. I can't believe they didn't ban kaijus.

Edit: \/\/\/ - we don't run that anyway, sooo... :v:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 14, 2023

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
They banned Kaiju slumber.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.masterduelmeta.com/articles/news/october-2023/theme-chronicle

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

The loaner decks actually have good staples this time: we get Called By, Feather Duster, Lightning Storm, Foolish, and Impermanence.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Ancient Warriors has like just enough cards to make a deck, but it's probably not worth it.

Beetrooper has everything it needs besides DPE. That works for me!

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

TaurusOxford posted:

On the plus side, Crusadia OTK is basically at full power. I can't believe they didn't ban kaijus.

Edit: \/\/\/ - we don't run that anyway, sooo... :v:

Crusadia does though? It's a board breaker that also lets you set up both sides of the field with large bodies, which is perfect for the deck.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Looks like there are no limits on Megalith or Impcantation cards for the Master Duel event, so I guess I'll just use my deck from the N/R event.
Also the Drytrons

e: actually the ritual spell is banned so that probably makes them irrelevant.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jan 14, 2023

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Missing out on Interrupted Kaiju Slumber and Accesscode Talker is painful for Kaiju Crusadia Blind Second, but the deck still has plenty of OTK potential, especially with the banlist for the event. You can still go Parallel eXceed into Update Jammer at least, and just smash face with Equimax or Avramax.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Also the Drytrons

e: actually the ritual spell is banned so that probably makes them irrelevant.

They bonked both of the Drytron ritual monsters and the XYZ as well. The fusion got bonked but the spell to make it is somehow still legal.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've been going through the theme and limited duel challenges in WC2006. The one where you have to deal 8000 damage in a single attack or effect really has me thinking. I can see a couple ways to do it, but most of them involve cards I don't have yet.

My first plan was to use Metamorphosis to cheat out a big fusion monster and tribute it for Great Maju Garzett. The easiest way to do that is to turn Metal Reflect Slime into Cyber End Dragon. Except I don't have Cyber End Dragon, or Great Maju Garzett.

Second plan was Gren Maju Da Eiza, but banishing 20 of your own cards when the most recent set is Shadow of Infinity sounds like hell.

Third plan was to use Maha Vailo, Mage Power and a bunch of other equip spells, which fell flat when I realised I don't have any Mage Power.

I don't know how I could possibly do it by effect. The biggest burn effect I know is Ceasefire and that caps at 5k.

I'm pretty sure I can switch to older banlists, so maybe switching to one where Limter Removal is at 3 and deep drawing until I get all three is the way to go.

E: Des Koala can do it, if I can make them draw 20. Dark Snake Syndrome hits 12800 after 7 of my turns, but unless I can block the damage or give us both an extravagant amount of LP it'll cause a draw way before then. DD Dynamite does it if I banish 27 of their cards. Dimension Wall, Magic Cylinder or Zoma the Spirit does it, but I'd still need to get them an 8k beater. I could just grind up the DP I need for a copy of Great Maju Garzett and tribute Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder for it, I have four of him somehow.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 15, 2023

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Didn’t that game have a password machine that’d give you one of every card in the game if you knew the code?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TaurusOxford posted:

The upcoming event has been leaked, and it looks like it's gonna be pretty fun:

https://www.masterduelmeta.com/leaks-and-updates

Solo Mode archetypes only.

Well guess I need to hop back in to go through the solo stuff so I can have a Dino-Mists deck ready for this, well that and an Ancient Gears deck

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ardeem posted:

Didn’t that game have a password machine that’d give you one of every card in the game if you knew the code?

I think a previous game did it that way. In 06 and later, you can use a passcode as many times as you want, but it costs DP, and in 06 in particular the prices are ridiculous. Like, Great Maju Garzett is 3900, Limiter Removal is over 9000, and you're lucky to get 1000 a duel from the top tier opponents.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Dabir posted:

I think a previous game did it that way. In 06 and later, you can use a passcode as many times as you want, but it costs DP, and in 06 in particular the prices are ridiculous. Like, Great Maju Garzett is 3900, Limiter Removal is over 9000, and you're lucky to get 1000 a duel from the top tier opponents.

Does it base the payout on damage dealt? Since in GX Duel Academy you could use BLS Envoy, two Primal Seeds, Banisher of the Light, Limiter Removal, and any machine monster to deal ludicrous damage and get enough DP to last you the entire game. Maybe that still works here?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's a bunch of different things that contribute to the payout. Battle damage/100 is one of them, but there's also a 100 DP bonus for getting them to exactly 0, so you'd have to deal more than 10,000 points of overkill in a single attack for that to be worth it. Which is the exact puzzle I'm trying to figure out.

This is a low-end victory payout from Horus LV8, one of the tier 5 opponents. You can try to farm points, I guess, there's bonuses for destroying things by battle, for using lots of spells and traps, for using no spells and traps, for no special summons, all sorts. But I don't think I've ever seen a reward above 1250.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Dabir posted:

There's a bunch of different things that contribute to the payout. Battle damage/100 is one of them, but there's also a 100 DP bonus for getting them to exactly 0, so you'd have to deal more than 10,000 points of overkill in a single attack for that to be worth it. Which is the exact puzzle I'm trying to figure out.

This is a low-end victory payout from Horus LV8, one of the tier 5 opponents. You can try to farm points, I guess, there's bonuses for destroying things by battle, for using lots of spells and traps, for using no spells and traps, for no special summons, all sorts. But I don't think I've ever seen a reward above 1250.

Yeah go for BLS/Banisher to infinitely recycle Limiter Removal and you can deal millions of damage in one hit. Just be careful when boosting a monster, as if their attack gets too high it'll overflow and snap back to their base attack.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That would work. Except I only have one Primal Seed and I don't have either Envoy. Pull rates suck in 06, and a bunch of the good cards were taken out of their original packs and moved to the special ones you unlock at endgame, the ones that cost twice as much and some of them only have three cards each instead of five.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Dabir posted:

That would work. Except I only have one Primal Seed and I don't have either Envoy. Pull rates suck in 06, and a bunch of the good cards were taken out of their original packs and moved to the special ones you unlock at endgame, the ones that cost twice as much and some of them only have three cards each instead of five.

According to a pack list on gamefaqs, all of them are in Invasion of Chaos. The Envoys are secret rare and Seed is super rare.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sure, I can get them, they're there, but it takes a lot of grinding. Secret rares in 5 card packs are basically, pay out for the password system or eat poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What year of the championship series is it where you have increasingly obtuse goals to beat in each world to unlock the next one, where a ganefaqs is pretty much mandatory to know you need to beat each of these dudes 25 times each in an order or something silly?

Yeah that game owns.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So what loaner sucks the least this time around?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regalingualius posted:

So what loaner sucks the least this time around?
Probably the Knightmare/Orcust deck, it's using an actual archetype and has plausible, sensible game closers in its Extra Deck (namely, Orcustrion and Dingirsu) and a good amount of in-archetype disruption. Beetroopers are a Battle Phase archetype, which means they're fun but bad, and Danger! is a fine engine, but unreliable as a wincon, and Plunder Patroll doesn't fix that.

TL;DR: Bees for goofy "BIG BUG GO SMASH" fun, Knightmare for mildly-resented consistency, Danger Patroll for high-rollers who don't mind usually winning AND losing in huge blowouts.

Edit: If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that they specifically made the loaners for Timmies, Spikes, and Johnnies (respectively).

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jan 18, 2023

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I’ve just been having issues with bricking a lot with the Orcust loaner; being able to cycle them means fuckall if I don’t have anything to get them in the GY

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think they nerfed the deck by deliberately putting in too many bricky World Legacy cards, since realistically speaking, Orcust and Knightmare are already basically the same archetype.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Just played an utterly miserable game, Crusadia Kaiju versus a 53 card pile that was about 90% stall cards like Threatening Roar, various Mirror Forces and Paleozoics. On turn 20 I was finally about to swing for lethal and then they scooped.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I went 3-2 with orcust loaner so far, it seems good enough imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Like good enough that getting the medal count for gems shouldnt be too hard, im not grinding for the stupid duel tickets

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I don't think the Plunder loaner necesarily has a lot of juice compared to what else is in the format, but it's definitely got enough tricks to make some people scoop.

I admit I don't really get what the theme of this one is, though. I thought it was solo mode archetypes, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Galaxy-Eyes solo gate.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Cleretic posted:

I admit I don't really get what the theme of this one is, though. I thought it was solo mode archetypes, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't a Galaxy-Eyes solo gate.

There wasn't, but it's an archetype that can be built off of a structure deck without any of the key playmakers hit by the event banlist.

Meanwhile, I seem to be doing fairly well with Crusadia OTK - although I'm running into issues doing the side quests because people tend to scoop the moment it looks l ike I'm getting ready to set up a lethal swing. Most recently I was starting my link climb against an opponent with one card in hand. Summoned the Crusadia Link 1, summoned Parallel eXceed, they tried to veiler my Link 1, I had Crossout Designator. Instant scoop, thanks for the points, but I wished they'd have at least let me link climb to rack up some Special Summons for the event.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Don’t forget Crusadia can Chain Block.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Well that was easy - already got all the reward gems. Crusadia OTK still does great work.

Skios posted:

Meanwhile, I seem to be doing fairly well with Crusadia OTK - although I'm running into issues doing the side quests because people tend to scoop the moment it looks l ike I'm getting ready to set up a lethal swing. Most recently I was starting my link climb against an opponent with one card in hand. Summoned the Crusadia Link 1, summoned Parallel eXceed, they tried to veiler my Link 1, I had Crossout Designator. Instant scoop, thanks for the points, but I wished they'd have at least let me link climb to rack up some Special Summons for the event.

You must be getting unlucky. Most of my opponents usually let me get the full OTK off so the special summon mission was the first one I completed.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tributing GMG over Hamon did the job.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Dabir posted:

Tributing GMG over Hamon did the job.

Pictures you can hear.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Crusadia :pervert:

Edit: Apparently Crusadia Power doesn't work against Dimension Wall:

Skios fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jan 20, 2023

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Skios posted:

Crusadia :pervert:

My record’s been a bit over 30k in one hit thanks to a Kaiju on each board and the Crusadia with an activated effect to double damage dealt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Skios posted:

Edit: Apparently Crusadia Power doesn't work against Dimension Wall:

Dimension Wall affects players, not monsters. It is NOT Magic Cyclinder (I have made the same mistake before).