Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

And slow the combat down a bunch, and make all attacks cost stamina, and make max stamina decrease over time so you have to eat to keep it up

Yeah, add a semi permanent system for injuries so for example if you fall from a great height you might break your leg and be forced to limp, or blocking too many strikes from a Darknut with a shield will break your arm and force you to either disregard the shield or switch it to your Sword hand leaving you offensiveless.

Then to fix it you could make a splint using wood, but it would take hours in game to heal, or go to a healer or pop a fairy but at the cost of limited resources and time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

make it nice

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
slowly turning zelda into dwarf fortress adventure mode

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Waiting for Adventure Mode to come to the Steam version. That is going to be fun.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hmm is discord down for other people? or have i been "Shadowbanned"

edit: thank you "jerma chat" for confirming that discord is having issues worldwide

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

External Organs posted:

Wait, Rosalina is unlockable in 3D World?? How!

You owe it to yourself to play the 3D World postgame if you haven't

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Sunset Overdrive was a fun 6/10 video game

This

---

Gonna skip Fire Emblem Engage, summoning old characters isn't very appealing to me. After I'm done with Pentiment and Grapple Dog I'm gonna get Persona 3 on the Switch and I'm also thinking any the "World of Assassination"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I was going for monster hunter...

rox
Sep 7, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

hmm is discord down for other people? or have i been "Shadowbanned"

edit: thank you "jerma chat" for confirming that discord is having issues worldwide

otto leaves, discord freeze

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

With discord down, SA is bound to see an uptick in new members!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is maybe unfair but Sunset Overdrive is the first thing I think of when I think of the era where games expected critical plaudits for having color and not being brown.

Yeah I think SO deserves more credit. It's still visually appealing.

Sunset Overdrive was a fun 6/10 video game

I like it more than that. The humor is pretty insufferable, and it's a pretty basic open city game but just moving around is a lot of fun once you get the hang of things. It also scratches that Crackdown collectathon itch quite well (I've not actually played Crackdown).

https://i.imgur.com/XwfOveq.mp4

And it has some great Ratchet and Clank fireworks.

https://i.imgur.com/VeWZppV.mp4

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
that looks like dogturds sorry

just make a skating game imo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Maybe, idk I don't play skating games.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like the ones that go "pop"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Insomniac really went into a downward spiral for a couple years there after Resistance 3 bombed.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4brPYMBNa0

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Insomniac really went into a downward spiral for a couple years there after Resistance 3 bombed.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4brPYMBNa0

I still laugh when I think about the original incarnation of the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvlGvvbLsw

Like drat, they were a couple years ahead of their time with this aesthetic and then backslid away into the most generic-looking shooter possible. Literally just a couple of years, cause that's when Overwatch came out.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rinkles posted:

Maybe, idk I don't play skating games.

dont get me wrong im sure in action in my hands i'd feel different perhaps but seeing it there im just like wtf why not make a FutureBoard game instead?

keep the cape too not enough bmx/ skateboard games let you where a cape idk if any of em even do tbh

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

verbal enema posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrQ-Xc_uEUc

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

see

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Runa posted:

Like drat, they were a couple years ahead of their time with this aesthetic and then backslid away into the most generic-looking shooter possible. Literally just a couple of years, cause that's when Overwatch came out.

Haha, I totally remember that, it's one of the reasons I thought Overwatch would also be dead on arrival.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Looking great, and they've got Naganuma, too. Hope it doesn't stay in Switch jail for too long.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjM29f1Ri6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_rRTBAz6hg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

verbal enema posted:

I'm worried about the dogs you've seen

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shinjobi posted:

I'm worried about the dogs you've seen

bad dogs do exist

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's a game that's putting a lot of effort into trying to trick you into thinking you're going fast

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Looking great, and they've got Naganuma, too. Hope it doesn't stay in Switch jail for too long.

It'll be on PC as well

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dabir posted:

That's a game that's putting a lot of effort into trying to trick you into thinking you're going fast

SPEED LINES

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
if you block out the speed lines its just someone running as fast as a gtaV character

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
can u do cool flips and swoops between rail grinds?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Runa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvlGvvbLsw

OVERstrike

OVERwatch

:aaaaa:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Over It

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dabir posted:

sure, but the trails and screen effect are also letting you know that you've already sped up. they don't show up until you boost.

verbal enema posted:

can u do cool flips and swoops between rail grinds?

i think i demonstrated most of the moves. it's really not just about grinding rails.

not sure why the cynicism, but i think you might enjoy it. it's no mirror's edge, though. timings are very forgiving.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

not sure why the cynicism, but i think you might enjoy it. it's no mirror's edge, though. timings are very forgiving.

I might, was hoping Insomniac would rerelease it eventually since I think they own the rights, but I guess their hands are full.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

No, MS owns it. I'm thankful we got a port at all.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rinkles posted:

Likely because it wasn’t a PlayStation game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

No, MS owns it. I'm thankful we got a port at all.

MS prolly owns the publishing rights to the game, Insomniac owns the IP rights and could make a sequel if Sony would publish, but it prolly won't happen at this rate.

Likely because it wasn’t a PlayStation game.

Gotham Knights also recently used this visual technique to little fanfare. In SO's case maybe it's just a bad looking thing to do to a smooth looking game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Aw lame, I saw that SA's Voidburger got axed from GiantBomb today. Fuckin' sucks, she was such a good addition to the team.

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1616150852237918214?s=20

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

speaking of, sounds like the layoffs at MS hit their game studios pretty hard.

around 30 artists at 343 alone, and that's just that one department.

(right on time for welcoming activision into their fold)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

343 should probably be disbanded and the people divvied up into other studios that studio is a loving trashfire.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

the audio narration says red looks like donkey kong and kitty like trixie kong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is that the nft ape game?