Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kvlt! posted:

i never really understood Jim Cornette and the "bring back wrasslin" people until Logan Paul did that and now I get it. There is nothing dumber than recording yourself with a cell phone during a wrestling match esp a main event PPV against the champ. Like I know kayfabes dead but thats just pissing on its grave.

Trve kvlt wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kvlt! posted:

i just hate logan paul and dont want him in my lovely sports entertainment and will do any number of mental gymnastics to justify it :colbert:

Buddy, if you hate Logan Paul, wait to you hear how lovely THE WHOLE COMPANY IS

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

logan is the best person in wwf

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

logan is the best person in wwf

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you found out what i was going to put on here within seconds and did it. i'm completely hosed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

sorry cav

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you're the smartest genuis of this place. Unbelievable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just a reminder to please take a look a the Top Ten Wrestlers for 2022 thread and put in a list of your own if you haven't already!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Whatever it is it obviously isn't enough but I'm glad Rita is getting something after so many years.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1616128127150833664

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, now that he has settled his legal case over raping a woman, we never need to think about it again and can go right back to doing the tacky wayne’s world worship of vince

Done and done, right? There shouldn’t be any other ramifications, right? It’s not like he committed a brutal sex assault or anything.

(I hate our dumb world)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Prince Andrew

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I doubt he would even need to do the settlement but he probably wants it to go away if he is going to sell.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Good to see he is atoning for his sins and we can watch the Rumble guilt free. Who do you think will be #30???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope vince is in the Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Whatever it is it obviously isn't enough but I'm glad Rita is getting something after so many years.

Thank god Vince and the WWE are now unencumbered.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

what an evil loving company

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'm buying my $10,000 front row tickets so I can do the we're not worthy to my rapist King.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think Jerry Lawler does commentary any more

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

I don't think Jerry Lawler does commentary any more

wrestling has more than one something something

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1616137903767420928

drat, McDevitt must be REALLY expensive :mrgw:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TestifyDVon/status/1616154483012010019

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I pay millions of dollars on a settlement when I know I’m innocent. Don’t construe my decision as me admitting guilt I’m just making sure I don’t spend billions of dollars on legal fees.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It got aggregated into the IHeartRadio news feed so a bunch of random IHeartRadio affiliates like this are all tweeting it at once. Just imagining being one of the 300 people who follows this station because I like R&B and learning about this story for the first time.

https://twitter.com/magic989fm/status/1616172072027176971

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I know his sons had a tryout match; did WWE end up signing them?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What the hell does he mean by “when bubba”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

What the hell does he mean by “when bubba”

I think he meant "with Bubba" (i.e. working tags as the Dudleys)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That makes sense

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Who do you think will be #30???

Vince

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Who do you think will be #30???

Rikishi dressed like Yokozuna

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

hands a check to everyone in the ring and they eliminate themselves

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't even know they hired dvon

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Julio Cruz posted:

This is honestly a genius heel wrestler with a rich guy gimmick idea, and I'm surprised at least one indie wrestler or manager (ala I dunno, Tiger Millionaire or something) hasn't done this yet.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

SirDippingSauce posted:

This is honestly a genius heel wrestler with a rich guy gimmick idea, and I'm surprised at least one indie wrestler or manager (ala I dunno, Tiger Millionaire or something) hasn't done this yet.

bc most of the babyfaces would just go "its not about the money its about the honor!"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Julio Cruz posted:

Average WWE watcher after this happens: “I actually don’t hate it??? Say what you want about his conduct in his personal life but that was actually pretty well done”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SirDippingSauce posted:

Ariya daivari has been doing this in aew, and the distance between this and godfather’s old offering-a-ho routine, or dibiase buying the title off of andre is a hair’s breadth difference

I like it when it is used sparingly and done well. I like gimmicks that do that elaborate of a setup, i popped for “hole in one” barry darsow on wcw saturday night doing his goofy long winded timewaster golf putting gimmick

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Average WWE watcher after this happens: “I actually don’t hate it??? Say what you want about his conduct in his personal life but that was actually pretty well done”

This will be the same 5 posters in the WWE gameday threads forever. Nothing would get them to stop watching this poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'd be OK with it, if anyone other than a sexual predator did something like that in a battle royale.

But then, I'm not a WWE watcher, so :shrug:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hearing [spoiler]zack ryder/[spoiler]is going to be in the royal rumble. anyone watching?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

hearing zack ryderis going to be in the royal rumble. anyone watching?

i believe he recently filed a copyright for that name which he only used in the wwe so rumor is prob true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

hearing zack ryderis going to be in the royal rumble. anyone watching?

Julio Cruz posted:

hands an action figure to everyone in the ring and they eliminate themselves