Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, except that it is shorter than a feature length movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My guess is maybe a 60-65 minute runtime. Then it can air in a 90 minute broadcast spot

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I heard 30 minutes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

My guess is maybe a 60-65 minute runtime. Then it can air in a 90 minute broadcast spot

Are this and Cosmic Fury even airing on TV? I thought PR was Netflix exclusive now (though a few of the older seasons are officially on YouTube as well)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

Are this and Cosmic Fury even airing on TV? I thought PR was Netflix exclusive now (though a few of the older seasons are officially on YouTube as well)

It airs on tv in other countries.

I think currently everything up through operation overdrive is on YouTube

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It airs on tv in other countries.

I think currently everything up through operation overdrive is on YouTube

Does that include the MMPR and Turbo movies out of curiosity?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No unfortunately. I think Disney owns those from they acquiring of Fox

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

No unfortunately. I think Disney owns those from they acquiring of Fox

It's not up on Disney+ though somebody invariably has the whole first movie posted on YouTube.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dawgstar posted:

It's not up on Disney+ though somebody invariably has the whole first movie posted on YouTube.

I think it was at one point in Europe. Turbo is on Starz right now of all places

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Last I checked HBO Max had the MMPR movie

Also man in retrospect there are some weird awkward aspects to the movie(most of which center around the Power Rangers only being actually powered for like maybe 15 minutes of the movie and most of that being front loaded into the movie's first 20 minutes, and the weird kludging in of the Kakuranger elements*, but there's other bits too like the pig guy randomly hanging around as part of Rita & Zedd's crew), though Ivan Ooze is an excellent villain(I imagine the rights limbo involving the movie is the only reason they haven't tried bringing him back in some form or another)

*they probably should have just made up a completely new set of Zords rather than just the Ninja Zords

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Last I checked HBO Max had the MMPR movie

Also man in retrospect there are some weird awkward aspects to the movie(most of which center around the Power Rangers only being actually powered for like maybe 15 minutes of the movie and most of that being front loaded into the movie's first 20 minutes, and the weird kludging in of the Kakuranger elements*, but there's other bits too like the pig guy randomly hanging around as part of Rita & Zedd's crew), though Ivan Ooze is an excellent villain(I imagine the rights limbo involving the movie is the only reason they haven't tried bringing him back in some form or another)

*they probably should have just made up a completely new set of Zords rather than just the Ninja Zords

Apparently earlier versions of the script actually explained the pig (his name is Mordant and he’s Goldar’s cousin or something), he also was going to have a slightly bigger role in the movie

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Apparently earlier versions of the script actually explained the pig (his name is Mordant and he’s Goldar’s cousin or something), he also was going to have a slightly bigger role in the movie

Definitely seems like the only reason they left him in the final movie was because they already had the costume made(come to think of it the same could easily be said for Goldar as he doesn't really do much of anything either)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

Definitely seems like the only reason they left him in the final movie was because they already had the costume made(come to think of it the same could easily be said for Goldar as he doesn't really do much of anything either)

Yeah, in one of the early drafts of the script Mordant lead the Tengu Warrior attack on the rangers whereas in the final version literally all he does is stand around and make comments occasionally

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

"Finally a movie! Everyone is going to love this!"

"Yeah definitely, we're going to make so much money. Oh small note: we need to see the actors faces."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Too bad they hadn't figured out "inside the helmet" shots for dialogue at that time yet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's some higher quality shots of a couple of the rangers, with weapons

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Really digging Javi's suit
And guitar/axe combo? Hell yes

Also just ... fun note, I guess
Javi and Ollie have different boots.
Javi's are slip-ons and Ollie's have zips.
I just think that's neat and wonder if they just went out and got the first boots they could find in every color rather than doing custom commissions or what have you

Also the seams on the left side of the foam suits ... well I hope they edit those out in post, they are a real black mark on some reeeeeeelatively cool suits

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The suits don't look great but they look decent enough and PR trying something new again is nice.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

...It makes me inordinately happy that Javi got a guitar-axe...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He also gets one armour plated or possibly robot arm.

Which is unique to his costume, it's kind of strange because the other suits aren't that distinct from each other except by color and Zeniths cape.

Or maybe I'm missing obvious flair on all their suits

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

He also gets one armour plated or possibly robot arm.

Which is unique to his costume, it's kind of strange because the other suits aren't that distinct from each other except by color and Zeniths cape.

Or maybe I'm missing obvious flair on all their suits

it's a cyborg/robot arm, he has it in photos untransformed

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
wait poo poo are they going to have Javi get his arm cut off??????????????????

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Huh, that would make him the first disabled ranger. (I don't know if Swoop counts as a Ranger or not since he doesn't morph but seems to kind of telepathically control a Ranger form)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Junpei posted:

RIGHT? like Adventure Time did it but Power Rangers has always been so loathe to have scary stuff like that happen

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Junpei posted:

It’s tourniquin’ time!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Here's some higher quality shots of a couple of the rangers, with weapons

suits look cool to me.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Once and Always's runtime is revealed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Junpei posted:

Once and Always's runtime is revealed.

We still don't have an actual release date for that and/or Cosmic Fury do we?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've started to watch some super Sentai because it is on Tubi for free. I've been watching Gingaman.

I thought that era of Power Rangers had a penchant for unnecessarily horny villains but Jesus Christ, Shelinda.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Eka Darville (Scott from RPM) just started a GoFundMe for his son Mana, who's just been diagnosed with brain cancer.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/LetsGoMana

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

New trailer for the 30th anniversary special.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1638374718733418500

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I like to pretend I'm above nostalgia bait but

I'm not.
I'm hype.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Doing the math on the # of characters, we're actually one character over the suit limit.

Rocky's Red, Billy's Blue, Zach's Black and Kat's Pink. That leaves Adam, Aisha, and Charlie Kersh's character.

I can definitely see Adam filling in as Green as a result of JDF's passing, but will they just have Aisha lend Charlie Kersh's character the yellow suit at a mid-way point or something?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Adam and Aisha are off doing Space Patrol Delta stuff, and it's pretty much foregone that Charlie will be yellow

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I'm wondering if they'll explain Rita's heel turn.
I mean, poo poo, they didn't explain Zedd's, did they?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's her evil consciousness in a robot body pretty clearly

Zedd was brought back by a monster that can revive the dead

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

It's her evil consciousness in a robot body pretty clearly

Zedd was brought back by a monster that can revive the dead

Yeah but Zedd wasn't dead tho

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah he was , he got blasted out of that preppy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Time travel? Ugh. Only blemish I can see.