Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Wtf my game is gonna arrive in loving February. Have fun, fellas :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Chapter 4 beaten, game real good, off to bed, good night :tootzzz:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Amppelix posted:

yeah it's weird how the game refuses to tell you what actual weapon stats are and just gives you the difference from your current equipment. you could show both of these, it wouldn't be that confusing, i promise!
You can get their actual stats by pressing X when checking them. At least in the inventory management menu!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah i wish the battle ui was larger and more detailed, especially the combat info. Like bigass "here's your stat loadout, and here's your opponents".

but all is forgiven, i gave my sommie some sunglasses and i'm working on a farm of cats. huge upgrade over 3h imo.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Weird arm. Game ruined.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Tired Moritz posted:

Wtf my game is gonna arrive in loving February. Have fun, fellas :(

I'll also get it on February. We'll be fine. Discourse will just be picking up stride then.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Chapter 3 spoiler.

I am very upset they killed Queen Dragon-Milf. :mad:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey cool, Monica Rial is the voice of Small Anna.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

wologar posted:

Weird arm. Game ruined.

I legit saw it called AI art and maaaan

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm ready to play some god drat fire emblem

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm up to chapter 5. Having fun. It's a mom game. Louis with Sigurd ring is MVP. UI is annoying me a bit but I'll get used to it.

Enjoy engaging friends.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tae posted:

I legit saw it called AI art and maaaan

what

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Through Chapter 4 on Maddening.

Feels a lot easier than 3H right now.

It might show up but the AI doesn't really have a counter for just hard turtle EP strats right now.

Also the AI makes seriously bizarre decisions. I present multiple targets that can't strike back and it goes for the one that can and puts itself in a far worse position overall.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 20, 2023

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Iirc AI’s prioritized damage over safe attacks since FE11 since it’s prior tendency to prioritize safe attacks was so insanely exploitable.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

maybe its confirmation bias but i've always felt like the ai kind of prioritized killing units too

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Last Celebration posted:

Iirc AI’s prioritized damage over safe attacks since FE11 since it’s prior tendency to prioritize safe attacks was so insanely exploitable.

Does anyone have the link to the FE6 picture where the entire army is in a massive traffic jam?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

So since I'm sure some of the people who got the game early must have beaten it by now, how long is a playthrough roughly?

I'm most likely gonna do a Hard playthrough then a Maddening next, so I just wanna plan how much time I'm gonna be setting aside for the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

So since I'm sure some of the people who got the game early must have beaten it by now, how long is a playthrough roughly?

I'm most likely gonna do a Hard playthrough then a Maddening next, so I just wanna plan how much time I'm gonna be setting aside for the game
Maybe 40-50 hours if you watch all the cutscenes? About as long as a route in 3 Houses. The story/base stuff is shorter but there's more maps than a single route of 3H. (about 40 total if you do all the paralogues)

If you skip the cutscenes and intentionally speed through the base stuff, maybe 30.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Last Celebration posted:

Oh right but the damage targeting is also off. Like I checked the def on the unit it attacked an it could have gone after any of the other guys for 0 recoil and the same damage.

I've seen it happen a couple of times now.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

Maybe 40-50 hours if you watch all the cutscenes? About as long as a route in 3 Houses. The story/base stuff is shorter but there's more maps than a single route of 3H. (about 40 total if you do all the paralogues)

If you skip the cutscenes and intentionally speed through the base stuff, maybe 30.

Sounds good, thanks, I was thinking I might just do 1 playthrough first if the game turns out to be very long but I'll just go ahead with my original plan then

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Natural 20 posted:

Oh right but the damage targeting is also off. Like I checked the def on the unit it attacked an it could have gone after any of the other guys for 0 recoil and the same damage.

I've seen it happen a couple of times now.

My experience has been that they prioritize breaking, even if there's no one to take advantage of it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Booky posted:

maybe its confirmation bias but i've always felt like the ai kind of prioritized killing units too

Yeah, the priority is “chance of kill > biggest damage number” FE11-16 with some wonkiness in there if there’s what the AI views as a significant crit rate. Can’t speak entirely for Engage since I’m sure stuff like enemy Engages and breaks add new wrinkles.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
digital copies have unlocked in the US

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Game is out for predownloaders.

Also one day Fire Emblem will stop starting games with a flash-forward. Awakening had a reason to do it, guys! I dunno if this game has a reason to but Fates and Echoes certainly didn't.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah alright the wailing guitars that bust in halfway through chapter 1 are a nice touch.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Female Alear's outfit with Marth is good and I wish she wore it all the time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Alear is such a wimp its pretty funny.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The writing is hilarious

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ha. Chapter 2 is certainly one way to introduce enemy engages. I assume that doesn't count as permadeath, even in classic mode?

EDIT: NEVERMIND game sucks cannot pet the cats.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 20, 2023

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Hellioning posted:

Also one day Fire Emblem will stop starting games with a flash-forward. Awakening had a reason to do it, guys! I dunno if this game has a reason to but Fates and Echoes certainly didn't.

i was under the impression that it looks like a flash-forward but there's actually some wacky exact-reincarnation-1000-years-later thing going on and the people who fought alongside you back then look disconcertingly similar to the people you recruit, but aren't

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
No idea how long it'll stay viable but I am very much enjoying Framme just punching the poo poo out of everybody.

also lmao (chapter... 3 spoilers I guess?) dragon mom dying was the most obvious inevitable plot point imaginable but holy cow did they speedrun that poo poo.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sydin posted:

No idea how long it'll stay viable but I am very much enjoying Framme just punching the poo poo out of everybody.

also lmao (chapter... 3 spoilers I guess?) dragon mom dying was the most obvious inevitable plot point imaginable but holy cow did they speedrun that poo poo.

In the exact same way the Fates mom dies, too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hellioning posted:

In the exact same way the Fates mom dies, too.

Well Not the exact same way. Alear isn't an idiot carrying an obvious bomb :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hell yeah it's unlocked for me now. I am... engaged. :c00l:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
So uh, expansion pass question: how do you get the Three Houses Bracelet? I could have sworn the game said I could find it at Lookout Ridge after chapter 5, but I don't see it there. Does it actually unlock later or do you have to do something specific to trigger the event?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they know who the important three houses lord is

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I've mostly ignored all the pre-release runup to this. It's still downloading but the expansion pass looks particularly scummy this time around with day 1 missing content sold for an extra $30. I'm going to pass on that until it comes out with something compelling that doesn't feel like cut content for a cash grab. Also not sure who really likes DLC that just gives you a bunch of rare/strong items, that always feels wrong. Though if the silver card is paid DLC only I'll just be disappointed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the silver card is dlc only but also its pretty hard to run out of money since weapons are infinite use and forging doesnt use cash so its not really that useful an item

edit: Also in terms of the emblem rings edelgard (with dimitri and claude) feels a bit phoned in but tiki is cool. edelgard (with dimitri and claude) dont have a paralogue, but tiki does. edelgard (with dimitri and claude) feels like a bonus, but tiki feels like something that could have been in the base game, especially with her being a relatively iconic character.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 20, 2023

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Endorph posted:

the silver card is dlc only but also its pretty hard to run out of money

It's not so much that I care about the in-game money, it's that they're taking something that has been a staple of the series for decades at this point, cutting it out of the main game, and charging extra for it. I'd rather it wasn't in the game at all. As for day 1 missing content I mostly mean the paralogue, though without looking into it I doubt it's actually an interesting map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the silver card isnt in that many games in the series tbh, and it hasnt been around since awakening, so i get feeling like it can just be a dlc bonus. though yeah those kinds of immediate power dlc rub me the wrong way too.

the paralogue is the ice temple from fe3/12, so, yes, it sucks