Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

the_american_dream posted:

That interaction and choosing to steal armor instead of the Cap or Warpath in that same lane usually pisses me off so much when I use Rogue that I completely forgot it could be used here with actual value

I see a lot of Patriot Ultron decks, and Rogue is a great last turn fu. If you leave either exposed I will steal it. She's replaced Cosmo in most of my decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I've def won with some Enchantress bombs on an Armored Rickety Bridge. Hell I've lost games with the enchantress bomb, I don't give a gently caress it rules

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Walla posted:

I see a lot of Patriot Ultron decks, and Rogue is a great last turn fu. If you leave either exposed I will steal it. She's replaced Cosmo in most of my decks.

Yeah she rules as a finisher card in a sera/surfer deck to snatch blue marvel or devil dino etc.. Being able to drop her, some other card like wolfsbane and surfer in T6 (especially with a wong for surfer/wolfsbane) is just awesome.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

priznat posted:

Yeah she rules as a finisher card in a sera/surfer deck to snatch blue marvel or devil dino etc.. Being able to drop her, some other card like wolfsbane and surfer in T6 (especially with a wong for surfer/wolfsbane) is just awesome.

Maybe I should unpin Goose and try fishing for Rogue instead.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Rogue is absolutely better than goose, but also strictly worse than Cosmo or Enchantress if you're not playing her in Surfer or Negative.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 20, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
on the upside I've never messed up real bad and dropped a rogue on a place I wanted an on reveal to happen at (unlike cosmo :haw:)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah I tend to always gently caress myself with Cosmo. Hell, I just gave someone 8 cubes because I dropped Wong and Surfer on the location that stops on reveal abilities.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Walla posted:

Yeah I tend to always gently caress myself with Cosmo. Hell, I just gave someone 8 cubes because I dropped Wong and Surfer on the location that stops on reveal abilities.

Thank god they added a sound effect to Cosmo, I would still be dropping on reveals into his lane to this day if they had not shown that small mercy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Sean posted:

Something like this (I feel) works in b/w. I'm not very familiar with Jessica Jones but I'm guessing she has a film noir shtick that works for this aesthetic.

While being ignorant of JJ in general,the base art looks decently like Krysten Ritter who played her in the TV rendition. She was amazing in "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23," as was James Van Der Beek.

Jessica Jones is a superhero who quit the business after a major trauma and now works as a hardboiled private investigator without using her powers. She's married to Luke Cage.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

CitizenKeen posted:

You’ll always get a new combination of foil effect and particle effect.

ah on closer inspection youre right but prism finish and white tone flare vs a prism finish and red tone flare is nearly indistinguishable.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

priznat posted:

I got a doc ock due to district x and you bet I played him on rickety bridge and took out several of the other guy’s heavy hitters like dino, spectrum, etc. This was with an elysium letting me play him extra early too lol.

You know what's really fun? Playing Doc Ock on Rickety Bridge on turn 5. Then playing Aero there on turn 6.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Jedit posted:

Jessica Jones is a superhero who quit the business after a major trauma and now works as a hardboiled private investigator without using her powers. She's married to Luke Cage.

My main non-gameplay wish for this game is a flavour page for each character where you get a little blurb like this (as well as the actual titles they're from) and see all the variants.

Spectrum was my turn 6 game-winner for a significant amount of pool 2 and I still don't know a single thing about her. I don't necessarily care enough to look out up, but if it was served up to me - that's eyes on the product you are a marketing tie-in for.

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 20, 2023

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:slick::slick::slick::slick:

Zabu garbage pulled through

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Walla posted:

Also, if you think Colossus will win you the Bridge and a second location, I will drop Rogue on you on turn 6. :)

I love Rogue and wish I ran her in more of my decks.

Played a match earlier where we got the Daily Bugle location, gave me a copy of the opponent's Rogue.
Used it on turn 6 to steal their Devil Dinosaur ability that they figured they had the location on lock with because he had the maximum bonus going.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

WaffleZombie posted:

You know what's really fun? Playing Doc Ock on Rickety Bridge on turn 5. Then playing Aero there on turn 6.

I see this and I raise you Doc Ock on 4 (thank you Electro), then a big 5 drop like Dino to win a lane for sure, then on 6 Aero the bridge yes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
loving hate the loving Leader loving stupid loving bullshit lazy card.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Jehuti posted:

ah on closer inspection youre right but prism finish and white tone flare vs a prism finish and red tone flare is nearly indistinguishable.

yeah I’m pretty Big Red Mad about them adding like six colors for every particle effect; I think before it was something like 20 splits on a card got you every possible variant combination of background and flare, but now it’s math more

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I love going on tilts. It's so awesome never getting the card you wanted or having every location work against you for like 20 games in a row.

Slipped from 55 to 50 today just on bullshit. I feel like unless I want to turn this into a fulltime job, i absolutely will never hit infinite.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

loving hate the loving Leader loving stupid loving bullshit lazy card.

Is this too long for a new thread title?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
When I win with Leader I don't emote but I do the Starry Eyes on the Leader card.

When I lose to one I do the angry face.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
do the spiderman point + i am confident when you slam leader down and snap then spam thumbs up win or lose

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Doing starry eyes on mbaku every time I play him. Even lived the dream of mbaku flying out of the deck to drop a darkhawk -2.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nah, it's more fun to, when you draw Iceman on turn 1, open with 'Hello!'.
Then after the turn plays out, go 'I'm losing!'

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
won a turn 6 leader mirror because the other guy played scorpion turn 2, so all my extra leaders were 3's and all his were 2's. eat karma lol

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

As much as I dislike Leader, the one card that's just absolutely brutal to me and I can't stand is Scorpion. gently caress that dude. I've considered tech'ing in Cage in more decks because I really really do not like Scorpion.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quite stretched out posted:

won a turn 6 leader mirror because the other guy played scorpion turn 2, so all my extra leaders were 3's and all his were 2's. eat karma lol

That might have been me.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Sean posted:

Yeah, that's it. Thank you.

The colored one just has so much nuance and specificity but the black and white one (as pictured) just washes it all out. I'm sure this isn't the only b/w that doesn't work out but so many other cards (including the base Jubilee) wouldn't be reduced as much as this one.

Ironically, I've had some work in museums and shows despite that I'm colorblind, so some of the variants hit me harder than others.

Something like this (I feel) works in b/w. I'm not very familiar with Jessica Jones but I'm guessing she has a film noir shtick that works for this aesthetic.

While being ignorant of JJ in general,the base art looks decently like Krysten Ritter who played her in the TV rendition. She was amazing in "Don't Trust the Bitch in Apt 23," as was James Van Der Beek.

Probably the most underrated TV comedy

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The best part about hitting Infinite is playing random garbage and watching number not go down.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

pray for my aunt posted:

My main non-gameplay wish for this game is a flavour page for each character where you get a little blurb like this (as well as the actual titles they're from) and see all the variants.

Spectrum was my turn 6 game-winner for a significant amount of pool 2 and I still don't know a single thing about her. I don't necessarily care enough to look out up, but if it was served up to me - that's eyes on the product you are a marketing tie-in for.

Spectrum is a hero that seems harder to lock down, because she can't decide on an alias to stick to.

But if you follow the MCU, she's in both the Captain Marvel movie and the Wandavision series, just without any powers: Monica Rambeau, Captain Marvel's old wingwoman.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

pray for my aunt posted:

I doubt that they want a page that begins "After being caught masturbating over pictures of the Human Torch..." though?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Studio posted:

The best part about hitting Infinite is playing random garbage and watching number not go down.

Screenshots taken before and after my turn 6.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

RevKrule posted:

As much as I dislike Leader, the one card that's just absolutely brutal to me and I can't stand is Scorpion. gently caress that dude. I've considered tech'ing in Cage in more decks because I really really do not like Scorpion.

I'm that rear end in a top hat that drops scorpion on bar sinister every time :hehe:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Tom Smykowski posted:

I'm that rear end in a top hat that drops scorpion on bar sinister every time :hehe:

Post/AV combo.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I have been trying (and failing) to make a satisfying Deadpool/venom deck. It feels like every time I play either Deadpool doesn’t want to come out, but then none of my other destroy options care to join him. Is this deck moving in the right direction, or should I be doing something differently? Thank you for your help goon friends!

# (1) Deadpool
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Venom
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (3) Deathlok
# (5) Taskmaster
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRobG9rIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYWRwb29sIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWZW5vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGtidXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RevKrule posted:

I love going on tilts. It's so awesome never getting the card you wanted or having every location work against you for like 20 games in a row.

Slipped from 55 to 50 today just on bullshit. I feel like unless I want to turn this into a fulltime job, i absolutely will never hit infinite.

Right!?
And getting to watch conga line of probably bot after whale after probably also bot draw their perfect hand.

Why yes, put Wong on that "On Reveals Happen Twice" space, oh God yes, just destroy me with that Gambit or Hazmat finisher while my Cosmo sits at the bottom of my deck.
Don't forget to use the Miss Marvel emote afterwards.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

6 pool 3 cards left, and they include Thor, hood, electro, black widow and red skull. It’s driving me absolutely nuts.

On another note, this thanos deck absolutely whips and is lots of fun to play too:

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Okoye
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Onslaught
# (6) Thanos
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2FaYXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlF1aW5qZXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsdWVNYXJ2ZWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRoYW5vcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2pvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPa295ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXJGYW50YXN0aWMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcHRhaW5BbWVyaWNhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbnNsYXVnaHQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktsYXcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

RevKrule posted:

My Sera Surfer deck that I've been kicking rear end with opens with Iceman and Scorpion as dual "gently caress yous".

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

New Leaf posted:

My Sera Surfer deck that I've been kicking rear end with opens with Iceman and Scorpion as dual "gently caress yous".

Would you mind posting your deck? I just got Sera yesterday from the token shop and need some good deck ideas for her, and I do have Silver Surfer who has gone unused so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Baggot posted:

Would you mind posting your deck? I just got Sera yesterday from the token shop and need some good deck ideas for her, and I do have Silver Surfer who has gone unused so far.

Sure thing. This has done really well for me lately:

It's all about timing. I usually save Ironheart and Surfer for turn 6 unless there's a Luke's Bar and I can bounce him back to my hand. Brood is a great turn 3 or as soon as you have the energy to flood something and buffs nicely when Surfer comes out. Top it with a turn 6 Wolfsbane or Cap if they need another push. Blue Marvel only really comes out if I get one of the + energy locations early on and I can drop him or if I end up not getting Sera by turn 5, which is rare but happens. The deck CAN survive without her assuming you have buffers by the end. Make sure not to cockblock yourself with Cosmo. Polaris is a great 3-drop if they have things locked down by Professor X or simply don't have 1's and 2's on the board, but even then they probably won't outweigh her cost. She goes well on Cosmo spots too if you don't want to pull anyone around. I've used her as a suicide bomber to pull super buffed Deadpools, Carnages, and Sunspots to their deaths on Rickety Bridge or other instant kill locations lately which is a nice turn 6 Hail Mary. Then Fantastic can cover those locations from the middle and give you the win.

If anyone else wants to weigh in, I've THOUGHT about putting in Rhino to destroy problem locations but can't decide who to bench. Possibly Marvel.. really not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

New Leaf posted:

Sure thing. This has done really well for me lately:

It's all about timing. I usually save Ironheart and Surfer for turn 6 unless there's a Luke's Bar and I can bounce him back to my hand. Brood is a great turn 3 or as soon as you have the energy to flood something and buffs nicely when Surfer comes out. Top it with a turn 6 Wolfsbane or Cap if they need another push. Blue Marvel only really comes out if I get one of the + energy locations early on and I can drop him or if I end up not getting Sera by turn 5, which is rare but happens. The deck CAN survive without her assuming you have buffers by the end. Make sure not to cockblock yourself with Cosmo. Polaris is a great 3-drop if they have things locked down by Professor X or simply don't have 1's and 2's on the board, but even then they probably won't outweigh her cost. She goes well on Cosmo spots too if you don't want to pull anyone around. I've used her as a suicide bomber to pull super buffed Deadpools, Carnages, and Sunspots to their deaths on Rickety Bridge or other instant kill locations lately which is a nice turn 6 Hail Mary. Then Fantastic can cover those locations from the middle and give you the win.

If anyone else wants to weigh in, I've THOUGHT about putting in Rhino to destroy problem locations but can't decide who to bench. Possibly Marvel.. really not sure.

Nice, thank you! The only card I'm still missing is Brood, so maybe I'll try Rhino in that slot.