Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

LifeSunDeath posted:

goddamnit now I want a wizard hat.

e, wait I went down this rabbit hole before on etsy...hrm, maybe.

double e, oh poo poo:

Oh, hello there. I see you also have a taste for fine headware. Who is your haberdasher?
/
/
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

LifeSunDeath posted:

aren't gnomes just like little wizards?

They can be little warriors or little craftsmen too, don't be prejudiced.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Carth Dookie posted:

fuckit I'ma buy a wizard hat

I am a wizard

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a weedzard

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
weedzard! I choose you!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm pretty sure being a Druid in Pre-Roman Britain just involved smoking everything in the forest that you could find.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Vakal posted:

I'm pretty sure being a Druid in Pre-Roman Britain just involved smoking everything in the forest that you could find.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I don't really smoke even cigarettes anymore but I have been getting CBD gummies with THC-O to kill the pain in my arthritis left hip and left knee so I don't destroy my stomach by taking Aleve daily. It works well enough but christ they are expensive as hell like $60 just for 20 gummies: these ones

Anyone know of a cheaper and reputable way to get more? Or should I ask in CCH?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Have some art weed thread.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
You might try Cannaclear or other distillate/concentrates vendors. 20 grams of either isn't very expensive and with some measuring and practice you could make your own capsules.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I have here a bottle of gummies that say 100:10:1 CBD:THCV:THC

What's the deal here? Is THCV gonna take me to the moon or is it some bullshit?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I will look into it, the ones I have been taking is 300mg of CBD and 300mg of THC-O. I didn't like the Delta-THC, it just made me sleepy. but there is also HHC-THC or whatever it is that I can try. They also gave us a free chocolate bar of Kratom but I really have no clue what that is so I have to look it up before I even think about trying it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

GigaPeon posted:

I have here a bottle of gummies that say 100:10:1 CBD:THCV:THC

What's the deal here? Is THCV gonna take me to the moon or is it some bullshit?

It means they're not going to get you high

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Vlaphor posted:

I have an amazing idea

any quality cheese product is over 50% fish cake

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Deleted

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
My rear end
was a very, very, very fat rear end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Rip Cosby

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

MrQwerty posted:

It means they're not going to get you high

That's terrible!!! Guess I know why they were given to me then.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
rip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RKxZahFhg

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

These AI art generators do NOT know who Rubens was

e whoa whoa did someone die

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Yeah David Crosby

basket
Jan 15, 2023

crystalline beings are usually slower, more rational thinkers... unless their structural fragility is echo'd by their response triggers...
does anyone think it wise to post a long rear end train of thought essay that is well thought out but also a bit dull, which tries to explain how weed mightn't really be that great for everyone, but probably better than some other drugs at being 'huManiTiEz OnLy DrUg' (even being seen as exactly the same isn't really a good thing at all in most cases, as diverse thinking styles are probably a strength more than a weakness in most ways...)..?

even if nobody says i should i'll probably end up posting it once i've made it a bit more readable and less like i was on amphetamines when i wrote it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

:justpost:

I'm similar, I hate it when people make weed a substitute for an identity

Like weed is great, its a safe(r than alcohol) drug that has great benefits for society and economy. I just want weed to be boring

I don't do a song and dance when I buy a beer at a bar, I drink my beer and talk to my mate

However any altered state comes with risk and people need to be aware of that

People who are all "weed is gaia's gift , everyone should smoke it, it heals da world" gently caress I hate that attitude

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Jestery posted:

Yeah David Crosby

Well that sucks

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

I don't do a song and dance when I buy a beer at a bar, I drink my beer and talk to my mate

Do you wear a wizard hat?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Yo did you ever notice that when you're expecting someone like the postie, a plumber, jehovas witnesses, etc - If you get bored of waiting and decide to smoke a little J they will arrive exactly half way through?

It's like going to the toilet at a restaurant.

basket
Jan 15, 2023

crystalline beings are usually slower, more rational thinkers... unless their structural fragility is echo'd by their response triggers...
Does weed cure cancer? Probably not. Was that the point of writing the essay that comes after this question?

'Probably not', to answer the *unasked* jepoardy-style question of 'which phrase answered two things', but may have been the most important point discussed.

Think on that for a bit while others read the important bit instead, I guess.

anyway, weed can be a good way to relax and not think too much, or the opposite, or somewhere in between, i'm sure some people overthink too much on it, and not just about how someone's gonna know they're stoned, though that's probably the main reason for most users anxiety when first starting (though i'd say most first time users that continue being anxious throughout were convinced that they were going to die or something equally traumatic during their first experience, either before or after feeling the best and happiest or whatever makes it worth going back to for them).

someone who is me but at a different time than the rest of the post posted:

i barely smoke weed anymore, i now much prefer a less psychologically addictive drug, though more chemically addictive, that doesn't make me overthink in the same ways as weed does. mixing it with weed usually makes people lose the plot, hence why i don't. anyway, to explain something that now makes no sense, i have read 1984 and disagree with totalitarianism and thought control through language, but sometimes certain words are good even though using them too often is definitely doubleplus-undouble-ununplus-plus-doubleunplus-notsogood which in the kinda of arithmetic i was using just means 'not so good'. everything else gets cancelled out with the way i was writing and meaning it. just cos you can't understand it doesn't make it not true, especially if you're convinced of it or something a bit irrational that you're basing it off. (anyway... doubleplus[++]undouble[+]ununplus,'unun' meant to cancel in a way that means don't remove plus,[+],plus by itself just results in [++] given the existing plus, doubleunplus meant what it probably seems to at this point for most still following, [ ], and thus we're just left with 'notsogood' (which means not so good, which is a bit toned down from not good in the way i understand it, but not as toned down as being good or even closer to it than not good said without dramatic flair, if that helps explain almost imperceptible differences in language amongst those that speak it even as a first language at all.

anyway, main point of starting to write this was that weed is maybe not the 'best' drug for everybody, even though most other illicit drugs are probably worse for physical health and possibly even mental health. some people do get different experiences from the same exact cannabis plant as you, you know. even the same bud. can't pack the same exact bowl or cone or whatever twice but thinking that could even matter (as much as it seems to me... other's might be thinking different to me even based off the same words and (almost?) same meanings, due possibly to having different experiences in the past. i guess that kind of explains both points at once, which kind of explains my drug of choice is one i take with a measured restraint, as i know that if i don't balance my sleep schedule and food intake i will be pretty hosed up, and possibly even die as a non-direct result. take that slight non-oscillatory but partially ironic twist that may be more of 'an irony' than actually ironic, depending on what part of my last sentence you are thinking i am referring to (hint; it's actually the part where i made weed and meth seem similar in some ways, in some way).

weed's bad for some (or most), though a lot of people get used to the negative mental health effects later in life.

weed doesn't cure cancer, either. stop gaslighting people on this one, please. it's probably based off thinking that it's the best drug for all, mixed with the reality that it helps people fighting it eat more when not hungry and stay more physically healthy, which helps fight the sideeffects of chemo and radiation therapy, which may actually be beneficial in fighting cancer (i just had a thought that radiation therapy might cause more mutuations, causing more cancers, but surely, even if the mutations caused by radiation were able to be calculated to the levels required, would people be so evil as to make cancer incurable by gaslighting about whether cancers come back in certain ways or other ways? i don't know. maybe. or maybe radiation actually just causes more cancers and is the worst way to treat it.

tl;dr,
weed might be *cool*, and *own* and poo poo but is still *kinda*of*lame*for*some*, even though i like it and think that it's legit the least harmful drug. i can't be bothered to condense this any more than that, i have other things to write.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Weed makes my joints not hurt and I think that's funny but I really like it for the 'just turn off your brain' effect. Probably 20% the former, 80% the latter.

4 months after quitting I still feel like parts of my brain are offline.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Actually, OP, I've done extensive research, and weed is the best drug.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Weed makes my joints not hurt and I think that's funny but I really like it for the 'just turn off your brain' effect. Probably 20% the former, 80% the latter.

4 months after quitting I still feel like parts of my brain are offline.

Too much weed seems to push me through to the other side and suddenly I'm having Big Thoughts and have to find something calm on youtube to drown out the lovecraftian existential terror of contemplating how every thing I have ever and will ever hold dear will one day be dust and corruption in an endless barren desert plane under the cyclopian watch of an uncaring star, it's cold penetrating rays now unfettered by a functional magnetosphere.

I recommend Rogue Wave Surfboard Repair or BeamNG police chase challenges.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

ReelBigLizard posted:

Too much weed seems to push me through to the other side and suddenly I'm having Big Thoughts and have to find something calm on youtube to drown out the lovecraftian existential terror of contemplating how every thing I have ever and will ever hold dear will one day be dust and corruption in an endless barren desert plane under the cyclopian watch of an uncaring star, it's cold penetrating rays now unfettered by a functional magnetosphere.

I recommend Rogue Wave Surfboard Repair or BeamNG police chase challenges.

I watched that Japanese dude take cool busses and ferries and trains and such.

basket
Jan 15, 2023

i like that quote cos it seems to satire lazy thinkers more than make fun of long posts

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

poverty goat posted:

Actually, OP, I've done extensive research, and weed is the best drug.

My research has led me to the same conclusion, goon sir

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

basket posted:

i like that quote cos it seems to satire lazy thinkers more than make fun of long posts

who tf would bother making a new account like a few days ago...and then start talking poo poo...oh yeah some banned narc posters that's who. why don't you go narc somewhere else, narc.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

We'd

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Imagine paying ten bucks because you just couldn't sit on the scorching hot take that weed isn't for everyone

I mean, assuming that's what it said, i skimmed at best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
gonna be honest ive never read a post here that was more than 3 lines i lose interest